• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sad Avocado

Those things I've never said
May 27, 2023
I have some panic attacks like 2-3 times a week and they always happen at the worst time, like at 3 am or when I'm alone. I am having one right now please do you know something that could help me? Like how to distract myself or something to make them more sustainable for me. I don't have benzos as doctor didn't prescribe it to me, but anything would help.

Thank you for reading

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: bpdbunnygirl, Meditation guide, Freyja13 and 10 others
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
i try box breathing, changing my environment (go outside), taking a cold shower, or honestly just crashing and taking a nap. staying up late seems to be a trigger. for me it is too. if you can, which i know is hard, try to avoid staying up late as much as possible.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Meditation guide, nicali845, Kerrtu and 3 others
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
i try box breathing, changing my environment (go outside), taking a cold shower, or honestly just crashing and taking a nap. staying up late seems to be a trigger. for me it is too. if you can, which i know is hard, try to avoid staying up late as much as possible.
My biggest problem is that they last for quite some time like 30 mins or more so I need like an activity to keep me busy because I can't really do breathing for 30 mins. Thank you for all the advices

• Hugs
Reactions: Immensevoid, Kerrtu and Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I live in a state where pot is legal. THey have stores on every corner. A number of weeks ago I went in and told them what i needed something for (anxiety - panic attacks). They sold me some gummies and believe it or not they work. I work in a very stressful and demanding environment. I've had one panic attack at work (it was really ugly). I don't want that to ever happen again. Don't know where you live or what you have access to, but if you're in the US you can try this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TheGoodGuy and Sad Avocado
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
Cold water helps me a lot, and I have a prescription for Klonopin. If I start going into a panic attack and I'm home, I head for the sink and keep rinsing my face with cold water. I often cry when I'm in a panic attack - holding it in only makes it worse. If you cry, do let it out.

I'm very sorry you're having a panic attack, OP. It will pass - remember that - it will pass, and maybe give the cold water a try.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, LittleBlackCat, fwompie and 5 others
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
Cold water helps me a lot, and I have a prescription for Klonopin. If I start going into a panic attack and I'm home, I head for the sink and keep rinsing my face with cold water. I often cry when I'm in a panic attack - holding it in only makes it worse. If you cry, do let it out.

I'm very sorry you're having a panic attack, OP. It will pass - remember that - it will pass, and maybe give the cold water a try.
I'll try every advice as everything I tried so far didn't work. Thank you

I live in a state where pot is legal. THey have stores on every corner. A number of weeks ago I went in and told them what i needed something for (anxiety - panic attacks). They sold me some gummies and believe it or not they work. I work in a very stressful and demanding environment. I've had one panic attack at work (it was really ugly). I don't want that to ever happen again. Don't know where you live or what you have access to, but if you're in the US you can try this.
Unfortunatly I live in the EU, those things aren't legal in my country but thanks anyways for sharing this with me

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Kerrtu
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Lucky you meanwhile the rest of the world outside of the US and Canada are still raging war against a plant that can help so many people medically it´s so ridiculous.

Reactions: Painfu.Ll.suffering, Praestat_Mori and Sad Avocado
P

prezmyl

Aug 4, 2023
you might find some different help in this. I mentioned it in some posts and this is one of them

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Lucky you meanwhile the rest of the world outside of the US and Canada are still raging war against a plant that can help so many people medically it´s so ridiculous.
you're 100% right that is ridiculous it could help so many

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sad Avocado and TheGoodGuy
Loulou

Loulou

Aug 15, 2023
I haven't tried them myself but there are some things like ammonia inhalants and really spicy candies which some people use to break themselves out of panic attacks (I think). You should be able to find them on amazon if you wanna try.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Sad Avocado
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
you might find some different help in this. I mentioned it in some posts and this is one of them
Thank you I'll read it asap

I haven't tried them myself but there are some things like ammonia inhalants and really spicy candies which some people use to break themselves out of panic attacks (I think). You should be able to find them on amazon if you wanna try.
I'll try them, do you have any reccomandations on those? Like a specific flavour? Thanks for your help :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Unfortunatly I live in the EU, those things aren't legal in my country but thanks anyways for sharing this with me
Possible to schedule a vacation where you can experiment in the Netherlands? Not sure how far you are

Reactions: Sad Avocado
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
Possible to schedule a vacation where you can experiment in the Netherlands? Not sure how far you are
I'm not that far but I'll have to take the plane and given the fact that I'm a uni student I don't really have that economic disponibility right now

Reactions: SexyIncél
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
The 54321 technique works for me sometimes

Catching my breathing before I start to hyperventilate prevents a full blown panic attack.

S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
The 54321 technique works for me sometimes

Catching my breathing before I start to hyperventilate prevents a full blown panic attack.
Thank you for all the help :) Unfortunatly they last till 30-40mins so breathing tecnique rarely works for me

• Hugs
Reactions: Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Thank you for all the help :) Unfortunatly they last till 30-40mins so breathing tecnique rarely works for me
54321 is a grounding technique. Focusing on my environment helps take my mind off my body.

It's not easy, but if you start tracking panic attacks you may notice patterns. I started noticing my hyperventilation started out with heavy breathing. With practice, if you start noticing warning cues, you may be able to start deep breathing before the hyperventilation starts. Doesn't always work but it helped reduce the frequency of my panic attacks personally.

• Hugs
S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
54321 is a grounding technique. Focusing on my environment helps take my mind off my body.

It's not easy, but if you start tracking panic attacks you may notice patterns. I started noticing my hyperventilation started out with heavy breathing. With practice, if you start noticing warning cues, you may be able to start deep breathing before the hyperventilation starts. Doesn't always work but it helped reduce the frequency of my panic attacks personally.
thank you for all the help :)

• Hugs
Reactions: intr0verse
intr0verse

intr0verse

Experienced
Jan 29, 2021
It's an adrenaline rush, get used to the physical simptoms and don't try to stop it, that will make it worse. Adrenaline is involved in the flight-or-fight response, which evolved to protect us (survival instinct anyone?) not harm us, all the physical simptoms are preparing the body to either fight or run the danger but in a panic attack there is no physical danger, it's just the brain sensing danger maybe in our thoughts or emotions... The part of the brain responsible with FOF response is the amygdala which unfortunately is the most stupid part of the brain...you can't talk her out of a panic attack. You can try the "flooding" that is, imagine a very bad situation in the middle of a panic attack, your brain will start to learn there is no danger in the physical simptoms you have in those moments. Oh....after it's gone, don't be afraid of the next one. 🤗🤗🤗

• Love
StarFaded

StarFaded

Aug 24, 2022

My friend, your name is striked out. What does it mean? Are you still with us?! I'm crying right now just thinking about your Kirby and Coo... Please let me know if you're doing ok. 😭

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
My friend, your name is striked out. What does it mean? Are you still with us?! I'm crying right now just thinking about your Kirby and Coo... Please let me know if you're doing ok. 😭
From what I've heard, they ctb'd :c
Edit: nevermind, heard for Dot they just didn't want to be on the forum anymore.

Last edited:
G

gap

I'm Italian, but there is google translate🙂
Apr 28, 2023
I have some panic attacks like 2-3 times a week and they always happen at the worst time, like at 3 am or when I'm alone. I am having one right now please do you know something that could help me? Like how to distract myself or something to make them more sustainable for me. I don't have benzos as doctor didn't prescribe it to me, but anything would help.

Thank you for reading
I suffered from panic attacks until a few years ago; they were terrible. I would get to the point where I felt so awful that when they happened around acquaintances or family, they would take me to the emergency room. I found a solution through advice from a psychiatrist, who told me something I'll never forget: "When you have a panic attack, it feels like you're dying. Let it overwhelm you, don't resist it, and when you see that by letting it all wash over you, nothing will happen." One day, I couldn't take it anymore; I was on the highway when I had a panic attack. I pulled over to the emergency lane and thought, okay, overwhelm me, kill me because I can't take these situations anymore. Well, that was the first time a panic attack resolved within minutes. I kept repeating the same thing for a while, and at some point, I stopped having panic attacks.
I wish you all the best in overcoming your panic attacks. Take care!

Reactions: Meditation guide
StarFaded

StarFaded

Aug 24, 2022
From what I've heard, they ctb'd :c
Edit: nevermind, heard for Dot they just didn't want to be on the forum anymore.
Oh my god this is great news!!! I was sitting here crying about them lol....... If there's any way possible, can Dot let them know that I send my regards? They probably won't remember me but I will always remember their Coo and Kirby gif.....

• Love
Reactions: fwompie
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Oh my god this is great news!!! I was sitting here crying about them lol....... If there's any way possible, can Dot let them know that I send my regards? They probably won't remember me but I will always remember their Coo and Kirby gif.....
I'm not sure if @Dot is in contact with them, we'll see!

Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Am nt in contct wth thm bt thy wre clear in thr reasn fr leavng tht thy wre nt leavng fr ctb reasns

Reactions: fwompie
StarFaded

StarFaded

Aug 24, 2022
Am nt in contct wth thm bt thy wre clear in thr reasn fr leavng tht thy wre nt leavng fr ctb reasns
Thank you so much for letting me know, Dot. And I just had the chance to read your About page about your typing style because I couldn't quite figure out what you said. Thank you for all that you do for us here.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I had my first panic attack about a month ago and it was horrible. It just came out of nowhere. I thought I was dying, which ordinarily would be good but I knew from reading about panic attacks I wouldn't die. It was only about ten minutes thankfully. I can't imagine that happening while driving.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I get panic attacks if I read something that is about me on SS (usually something negative about me). They usually last for 5-10minutes but sometimes for longer and I always feel like I'm being crushed and choked and I sweat very profusely during panic attacks. I cry and go to sleep and it helps a bit, sometimes I drink if I have some alcohol. Later when I wake up, I get stressed again and I don't know what to do about that.

loterius

loterius

-
Sep 21, 2023

Thank you for reading
Whitenoise machine.

S

Sad Avocado

May 27, 2023
I suffered from panic attacks until a few years ago; they were terrible. I would get to the point where I felt so awful that when they happened around acquaintances or family, they would take me to the emergency room. I found a solution through advice from a psychiatrist, who told me something I'll never forget: "When you have a panic attack, it feels like you're dying. Let it overwhelm you, don't resist it, and when you see that by letting it all wash over you, nothing will happen." One day, I couldn't take it anymore; I was on the highway when I had a panic attack. I pulled over to the emergency lane and thought, okay, overwhelm me, kill me because I can't take these situations anymore. Well, that was the first time a panic attack resolved within minutes. I kept repeating the same thing for a while, and at some point, I stopped having panic attacks.
I wish you all the best in overcoming your panic attacks. Take care!
Thank you for this, but I don't know if I'll be able to just let it go.

I get panic attacks if I read something that is about me on SS (usually something negative about me). They usually last for 5-10minutes but sometimes for longer and I always feel like I'm being crushed and choked and I sweat very profusely during panic attacks. I cry and go to sleep and it helps a bit, sometimes I drink if I have some alcohol. Later when I wake up, I get stressed again and I don't know what to do about that.
I do that too sometimes it works sometimes no. And it's frustrating now I just begun college in another city so I have a ton of things to worry about rn and this doesn't help. How are you doing rn btw?