• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You know I couldn't last
Mar 1, 2020
Several people on the board have said you should use an antacid with magnesium hydroxide, to neutralise the hydrochloric acid in your stomach 'on the spot'.

Additionally, I know I need an antacid that is a H2-receptor antagonist, like Tagamet (cimetidine) or Zantac (ranitidine), to condition the body to produce less acid.

I think it's for this reason that Tagamet/Zantac are most suggested as the antacid one should use when trying to ctb via SN. But when I check their ingredients, neither appear to contain the aforementioned magnesium hydroxide.

Tagamet

Zantac

Am I being really stupid here and missing/misunderstanding something?

If not, surely taking milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) alongside the Tagamet/Zantac would be advisable?

Grateful for any responses thank you, any help would be appreciated:)

Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
You can use an acid reducer in the SN regimen, but is not mandatory. Acid reducers can be an antacid (neutralizes acid already in stomach) or an H2 antagonist (lowers production of new acid).

It is advised to use either an antacid or an H2 antagonist. One of the 2, not both.

Stuff with Magnesium Hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia, Maalox, Mylanta) are considered a useful antacid, but tums can be used too.

The H2 antagonist to be used could be Cimetidine (Tagamet), Ranitidine (Zantac), or Famotidine (Pepcid).

If you decide to use Propranolol in the SN regimen, and decide to use antacid Maalox, you need more Propranolol as the Aluminium Hydroxide in Maalox attenuates the Propranolol.

Check this thread for a lot of information regarding meds to use in SN regimen.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and It'sNotLookingGood
It'sNotLookingGood

It'sNotLookingGood

You know I couldn't last
Mar 1, 2020
You can use an acid reducer in the SN regimen, but is not mandatory. Acid reducers can be an antacid (neutralizes acid already in stomach) or an H2 antagonist (lowers production of new acid).

It is advised to use either an antacid or an H2 antagonist. One of the 2, not both.

Stuff with Magnesium Hydroxide (Milk of Magnesia, Maalox, Mylanta) are considered a useful antacid, but tums can be used too.

The H2 antagonist to be used could be Cimetidine (Tagamet), Ranitidine (Zantac), or Famotidine (Pepcid).

If you decide to use Propranolol in the SN regimen, and decide to use antacid Maalox, you need more Propranolol as the Aluminium Hydroxide in Maalox attenuates the Propranolol.

Check this thread for a lot of information regarding meds to use in SN regimen.
Thank you for the information about Maalox-Propranolol interactions, I am planning to use propranolol and I wasn't aware of that.

Why is it advised to use either an antacid or an H2-antagonist, why not both?

Reactions: Busdriver
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
The antacid neutralizes already present acid and the H2 antagonist inhibits production of acid. Not using both is something I remember of that thread I included of my previous message. It doesn't mention why it is a bad idea.

I think that using both is a bad idea, because then there would be no defense of stomach acid to incoming viruses and bacteria.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993