banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
So what is the reason for acronyms like CTB? Are we required to use them instead of just say plainly the word suicide? What's the reason? Or could I say suicide? Is it to keep the forum or isers out of trouble? Sorry, am dumb

daley

daley

Student
May 11, 2024
In my opinion, this is just how the language evolved in pro-choice suicide forums.

I believe CTB - Catch The Bus - started in the Usenet newsgroup alt.suicide.holiday.

The word "suicide" is in the domain of SaSu and in the name of forums.
I don't see how the usage of this word could be frowned upon.

• Informative
Reactions: banger12
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You don't have to use acronyms. It's just that some people prefer to use them. Personally, I alternate between saying "ctb" and "suicide". You won't get banned for not using acronyms... getting banned for this would be really stupid and unfair.

• Informative
Reactions: banger12
banger12

banger12

Former nerd; current burden
Aug 1, 2024
You don't have to use acronyms. It's just that some people prefer to use them. Personally, I alternate between saying "ctb" and "suicide". You won't get banned for not using acronyms... getting banned for this would be really stupid and unfair.
Thank you. Yeah I'd prefer not to but I assumed there was some good reason that I really should. But I'll drop the acronyms cuz I don't like them honestly. Thank you.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and ijustwishtodie