I

itsstillyou

Jun 27, 2024
I'm sorry I ALWAYS have stupid fucking questions, I'm just scared, if I fail and all my chances to CTB are gone, then ITS OVER... just tell me how to not fail please everyone here is so nice to me

I've had my SN lying around for a while. And I now found this, I was looking through all the random useless shit medication I've been stuffed with for the last 7 years, and there was this Haloperidol I took at one point

I read the SN megathread, it said if I have Haloperidol, I don't need any other Antimetic, which spares me so much trouble, but I had not taken this Haroperidol in I don't know how long, it was just kinda of lying around here

If I just... take this Haloperidol, and then take the SN... is that enough to not puke? Is that enough to just end it? I have a dolex too, is that a good pain killer? is that ENOUGH??? Please everyone here is so nice to me but I'm genuinely so fucking terrified of faliure I just need the cycle to end. I'm gonna fucking end this as soon as I can if this damn Haloperidol with the SN and the dolex is my ticket out I can't fucking do this anymore

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Well, google says that Haloperidol can be used to combat nausea and vomiting, so it's probably good for CTB.
Unfortunately I have no idea what the recommended dose is.
I also don't know if this medicine needs to be taken for a certain period of time for the effects to be effective.

Generally, the key to success is a clean SN, fasting, no people around, and not calling for help.

Antiemetics are highly recommended, but not completely necessary.
Antiemetics increase the chance of success (I'm not sure how much) and potentially make CTB more comfortable.

However, it's important to remember that whether someone takes antiemetics or not, the likelihood of nausea and vomiting is high.
Everyone needs to mentally prepare themselves for these symptoms.
This is simply one of the downsides of SN.

I don't know anything about Dolex.
The recommended painkillers are ibuprofen or paracetamol, for example. Both are readily available.
I have no idea if Dolex is better or worse.

If you haven't read it yet, this thread has answers to the basic questions:

If I can give you some advice, don't make hasty decisions.
Think everything through carefully and make a completely personal and informed decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsstillyou
Upvote 0
athiestjoe

athiestjoe

Passenger
Sep 24, 2024
Haloperidol will not work as a one-off dose for AE purposes. At the right dose for a frequent amount of time, then it does work at a D2 dopamine antagonist which would be good, but otherwise it will not be effective. It takes time for the antipsychotic meds to render that effect. Therefore, if you are not already, rountinely for several weeks taking the right dose then it will not help for the SN protocol purposes. Given you said you found it, I would make a logical guess this is not a routine medication for you thus would not be sufficient.

It would be best to source metoclopramide or domperidone.

However, remember, many people have succeeded without any AE at all so although I would consider it a must-have for anyone to reduce the risk, it is clearly not mandatory as people have succeeded without an AE. You can check this thread for some of those reports:

is that enough to not puke? I
Even with an AE, almost everyone is still going to throw up regardless. If you are truly anti-throwing up then this method may not be right for you (just being honest). The more important part of the AE specifically the kind mentioned are for the prokinetic effects, it speeds up gut motility ensuring it gets out of the stomach and into the small intestine to be absorbed and take effect.

Remember too though that vomiting is not why people fail, the dose is already signifcantly high enough that between the fast and the D2 dopamine antagonist AE enough will still remain to be fatal and also why the 2nd cup is prepared. But, plenty of people throw up, do not make even the 2nd cup and still succeed. People 'fail' because they either realize they do not want to die and call emergency services or are 'rescued' 'saved' by someone else.

As for Dolex, that has three active ingredients meant for pain relief: acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine (caffeine is in a lot of OTC migraine relief medications as it pairs well with acetaminophen).

A few downside:

- Caffeine can cause the heart to race and since SN already causes tachycardia, it would not be a pleasant addition to throw in there.
- Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, and although an acid reducer is no longer part of the protocol, it may be best to avoid adjusting the stomach acidity and adding another variable. And it can sometimes be rough on an empty stomach (remember, you'll be fasting).

Unless it is Dolex-P which is acetaminophen + aceclofenac which might be a little better compared to regular Dolex since it doesn't have the caffeine & aspirin, but aceclofenac can also cause stomach irritation especially on an empty stomach.

Thus, it would be preferable to just stick to Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen).

Hope that helps a little.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.

• Informative
Reactions: itsstillyou, LifeQuitter and Agon321
Upvote 0
I

itsstillyou

Jun 27, 2024
Haloperidol will not work as a one-off dose for AE purposes. At the right dose for a frequent amount of time, then it does work at a D2 dopamine antagonist which would be good, but otherwise it will not be effective. It takes time for the antipsychotic meds to render that effect. Therefore, if you are not already, rountinely for several weeks taking the right dose then it will not help for the SN protocol purposes. Given you said you found it, I would make a logical guess this is not a routine medication for you thus would not be sufficient.

It would be best to source metoclopramide or domperidone.

However, remember, many people have succeeded without any AE at all so although I would consider it a must-have for anyone to reduce the risk, it is clearly not mandatory as people have succeeded without an AE. You can check this thread for some of those reports:

Even with an AE, almost everyone is still going to throw up regardless. If you are truly anti-throwing up then this method may not be right for you (just being honest). The more important part of the AE specifically the kind mentioned are for the prokinetic effects, it speeds up gut motility ensuring it gets out of the stomach and into the small intestine to be absorbed and take effect.

Remember too though that vomiting is not why people fail, the dose is already signifcantly high enough that between the fast and the D2 dopamine antagonist AE enough will still remain to be fatal and also why the 2nd cup is prepared. But, plenty of people throw up, do not make even the 2nd cup and still succeed. People 'fail' because they either realize they do not want to die and call emergency services or are 'rescued' 'saved' by someone else.

As for Dolex, that has three active ingredients meant for pain relief: acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine (caffeine is in a lot of OTC migraine relief medications as it pairs well with acetaminophen).

A few downside:

- Caffeine can cause the heart to race and since SN already causes tachycardia, it would not be a pleasant addition to throw in there.
- Aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid, and although an acid reducer is no longer part of the protocol, it may be best to avoid adjusting the stomach acidity and adding another variable. And it can sometimes be rough on an empty stomach (remember, you'll be fasting).

Unless it is Dolex-P which is acetaminophen + aceclofenac which might be a little better compared to regular Dolex since it doesn't have the caffeine & aspirin, but aceclofenac can also cause stomach irritation especially on an empty stomach.

Thus, it would be preferable to just stick to Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Advil (ibuprofen).

Hope that helps a little.

With whatever you decide, I hope you find everything you are looking for and get peace & serenity.
Hi, I want to really, really thank you for the help and being so supportive, I am struggling really hard right now and I needed that, everyone here is genuinenly so nice and it means a lot, wish I found this community sooner in my life

I want clarify some stuff

My problem is I am struggling so hard to find metoclopramide or domperidone without any prescriptions and I don't want to fail, you say its not necessary, is it ok if I don't find it then? Do I just prepare a 2nd dose and still expect it to be enough? I am very, very paranoid about failing and not dying

You misunderstood the throwing up part, I don't actually care if I throw up or not, I just don't want it to ruin my chances of dying, so I've been paranoid about THAT since I can't find the antacids and I want to do it soon and not wait even longer with how long it took to find me some SN, and I'm 100% commited to taking the SN since its the only easy way out for me. You say it'll be on my stomach though even if I throw up, so I suppose I can just not take it? I'd prepare a 2nd dose for after I vomit then

As for the pain killer, I did find some Apronax which should be a more standard one I think, don't have the basic ones you listed unfortunately

Thank you again šŸ«‚

Upvote 0