P

Promortalistovi4

Sep 11, 2024
I have legal and relatively cheap access to this medicine, and therefore I decided to buy it.Now I also have sodium nitrite, but at that moment it was not there, and, to be honest, then I made this attempt impulsively, without really learning how to inject...In addition, I did not have a syringe with a volume of more than 10 ml.Therefore, I injected myself with a dose of 500 mg of propofol, but as you know, if propofol gets not into the blood, but into the tissues, it will not be absorbed. Most likely, I pierced a vein through and through when I was removing the tourniquet.Therefore, I do not recommend doing this on your own if your veins are poorly visible and you have no experience.Because in the best case, you may have an accumulation of solution in your hand (like mine) and a slight inflammation, which I cured with anti-inflammatory ointments in a week, and at worst - necrosis (I'm not a doctor,maybe I'm wrong)
Next time, I will use the services of a home nurse.I'll ask her to put an intravenous catheter in.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: Justnotme, Praestat_Mori and LifeQuitter
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
I am sorry for your situation but I have to say that this is your fault. You forgot to test if the catheter is in the vein with an option like 0.9 saline. After inserting the catheter, you should connect a syringe with 0.9 saline to the catheter and pull back the plunger first to see the blood. If the catheter is in the vein and there is no problem, the blood will come. Then push the plunger. If you can push it easily in a large vein, it means there is no problem. Propofol and barbiturates can cause necrosis. You are lucky.

You should be careful with propofol. Make sure you push more than 1 gram of propofol before you become unconscious. I think that means 20 cc of anestofol.

P

Promortalistovi4

Sep 11, 2024
I am sorry for your situation but I have to say that this is your fault. You forgot to test if the catheter is in the vein with an option like 0.9 saline. After inserting the catheter, you should connect a syringe with 0.9 saline to the catheter and pull back the plunger first to see the blood. If the catheter is in the vein and there is no problem, the blood will come. Then push the plunger. If you can push it easily in a large vein, it means there is no problem. Propofol and barbiturates can cause necrosis. You are lucky.

You should be careful with propofol. Make sure you push more than 1 gram of propofol before you become unconscious. I think that means 20 cc of anestofol.
The fact is that I injected bolus...I pulled back the plunger, blood was flowing into the syringe, but when I removed the tourniquet with my teeth, I must have pierced a vein

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
The fact is that I injected bolus...I pulled back the plunger, blood was flowing into the syringe, but when I removed the tourniquet with my teeth, I must have pierced a vein
This is why you should have used a syringe with 0.9 saline in it. What you saw in the syringe was blood leaking out of the vein. If you had pushed in the 0.9 saline, there would have been strain and pain. This is standard procedure for inserting a cannula. You have to be careful with the method.