S

Shaqxbb

Nov 13, 2019
Google it.

Basically a modified Hellfire missile, which we fire from drones. Instead of the 20lb warhead it has six blades that pop out and literally slice everyone in a vehicle to pieces with no explosion. The CIA has been rumored to have been using these several times in targeted assassinations since 2017 but they were used twice this week, and it's existence is becoming more concrete. These things are really impressive. And terrifying. What a way to go, steel blades descending on you at 1000mph without you ever knowing.

Attachments

• FF444BC1-20CC-4F51-AA0E-DE4378FFF851.png
    FF444BC1-20CC-4F51-AA0E-DE4378FFF851.png
    46.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 56B10FBA-4FDC-4B54-92CD-F2B6CA609E39.jpeg
    56B10FBA-4FDC-4B54-92CD-F2B6CA609E39.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 22
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Google it.

Basically a modified Hellfire missile, which we fire from drones. Instead of the 20lb warhead it has six blades that pop out and literally slice everyone in a vehicle to pieces with no explosion. The CIA has been rumored to have been using these several times in targeted assassinations since 2017 but they were used twice this week, and it's existence is becoming more concrete. These things are really impressive. And terrifying. What a way to go, steel blades descending on you at 1000mph without you ever knowing.

The drone program has an impressive 90% collateral damage rate. I remember when they obliterated a few marriage convoys a year or two back. You've got to love the destructive nature of humanity. We've the capability to destroy our current system now (fingers crossed).

Reactions: Shaqxbb
S

Shaqxbb

Nov 13, 2019
The drone program has an impressive 90% collateral damage rate. I remember when they obliterated a few marriage convoys a year or two back. You've got to love the destructive nature of humanity. We've the capability to destroy our current system now (fingers crossed).
The 'danger close' range regarding use of traditional munitions (i.e. the standard AGM Hellfire) is 110m, meaning no use if civilians or friendlies are within that. This R9X seems to be an incredible solution to that, essentially 0 additional casualties

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
The 'danger close' range regarding use of traditional munitions (i.e. the standard AGM Hellfire) is 110m, meaning no use if civilians or friendlies are within that. This R9X seems to be an incredible solution to that, essentially 0 additional casualties

Yea but do you think they really give a damn? If it means killing 100 innocents to kill 1 mark then it's mission accomplished. Humanity, especially the US Gov has a total disregard for life.

I understand what you're getting at with the accuracy. But again it's subjective to the button pushers.

S

Shaqxbb

Nov 13, 2019
Yea but do you think they really give a damn? If it means killing 100 innocents to kill 1 mark then it's mission accomplished. Humanity, especially the US Gov has a total disregard for life.

I understand what you're getting at with the accuracy. But again it's subjective to the button pushers.
100% agree with you; accidents happen (I hate to say that to excuse killing innocents with a drone strike) though. It'd be nice to see more widespread use of R9X to keep casualties contained to only intended targets now that it's become somewhat open knowledge the missile exists...probably cheaper too than the warhead munition

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I don't know. Seems way too complicated and very low ratings. Availability 0/10 Preparation 0/10 Reliability 9/10 Peacefulness 0/10 Quickness 9/10 Safety 0/10 Storage 0/10. I'm gonna stick with N.

Reactions: Fragile, justwhy? and Sensei
S

Shaqxbb

Nov 13, 2019
I don't know. Seems way too complicated and very low ratings. Availability 0/10 Preparation 0/10 Reliability 9/10 Peacefulness 0/10 Quickness 9/10 Safety 0/10 Storage 0/10. I'm gonna stick with N.
I would contest that availability and preparation are on the order of 3-4/10, you just have to become a high profile terrorist as defined by the US Intel community. Safety and storage are probably pretty high, no warhead to arm and XLDB (the propellant) is known for being extremely stable, with a multiple-decade shelf life. Better shelf life than N!

Reactions: DerpyNerpy, justwhy? and a_strange_day
Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.
Dec 11, 2019
100% agree with you; accidents happen (I hate to say that to excuse killing innocents with a drone strike) though. It'd be nice to see more widespread use of R9X to keep casualties contained to only intended targets now that it's become somewhat open knowledge the missile exists...probably cheaper too than the warhead munition
"The other thing with the terrorists is you have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families."

justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
I would contest that availability and preparation are on the order of 3-4/10, you just have to become a high profile terrorist as defined by the US Intel community. Safety and storage are probably pretty high, no warhead to arm and XLDB (the propellant) is known for being extremely stable, with a multiple-decade shelf life. Better shelf life than N!

"high profile terrorist as defined by the US Intel community"

- probably about 10% of the US pop. and counting.

Reactions: DerpyNerpy