E

Exhausted1705

Jun 11, 2020
I pray to God to show me what hell will look like. He laughs at my pathetic request, I realize hell is the life that I am living now. I just want to be gone.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Astral316, FallingFree, Huntfish34 and 6 others
ExitStageLeft

ExitStageLeft

Experienced
Mar 7, 2020
Hell is the fact that the universe repeats after death. The Poincaré recurrence is inevitable.

Reactions: Exhausted1705
C

cyberlordsumit

Absolution
Aug 12, 2020
This Existence is Hell

Reactions: _Minsk, Superdeterminist, rt1989526 and 1 other person
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Hell is the fact that the universe repeats after death. The Poincaré recurrence is inevitable.

Not if the universe keeps expanding forever and reaches a state of maximum entropy, resulting either in heat death or big rip.
The universe is a nonlinear dynamic system, and as far as I'm aware poincare recurrence only applies to linear systems which don't exhibit any kind of chaos and which also meet certain other assumptions?

I'm not a physicist and never really studied it, and for all I know the poincare recurrence theorem might apply in some strange way to the universe as a whole, but just stating that the 'poincare recurrence is inevitable' isn't any kind of proof. It's just a sensational sounding phrase which is used to generate fear/controversy.
It's Nietzsche's old 'eternal recurrence' thought experiment which he found so horrifying and 'the heaviest weight', which ironically keeps returning every now and then in different forms.

If the theorem had been demonstrated to be true of the universe I'm sure it would have made the headlines and we'd all know about it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, and if you can show me that I'm wrong, I apologise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9 and Brink
B

bigdog

Arcanist
Jul 12, 2020
I think there is no hell just nothingness

Reactions: Astral316, cyberlordsumit and Brink