E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I was thinking how my parents indoctrinated me trying to convince me that there is hell, explaining how it is the worst place to be.
I ask today myself, what is worse than the emotional pain and sufference and cruelness that we go everyday in this life?
Yes because physical pain in hell is worse, could not believe it ever of its religious existence, although they influenced me a lot about it otherwise some time ago I think I would be already long gone out of impulsitivity.

• Hugs
Reactions: wiltingorchid and epic
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
There is no evidence of a hell. Totally made up idea.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Rogue Proxy and Ambivalent1
Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
what is worse than the emotional pain and sufference and cruelness that we go everyday in this life?
Your parents would probably tell you that hell is forever. The only good thing about existing is that it is going to end for everyone of us

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Life itself is hell and anyone who chooses to bring new life into this world is unwittingly contributing to this evil.

• Hmph!
Reactions: demuic, RoundaboutResolved and Rogue Proxy
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Burning forever would be worse but there's no evidence for it. The idea is absurd.

E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Your parents would probably tell you that hell is forever. The only good thing about existing is that it is going to end for everyone of us
If you suicide you go to hell, simple as that, so there is no escape. You have to suffer forever and only god can terminate life.
I see it as manipulation to keep fueling the cycle of sufference and abuse

Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
If you suicide you go to hell, simple as that, so there is no escape. You have to suffer forever and only god can terminate life.
I see it as manipulation to keep fueling the cycle of sufference and abuse
No suffering on this planet is forever, obviously. And if god truly existed, I wouldn't bother suffering for 80 years here when there is heaven after dead

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
This world is the only hell to me, I would never take any notice of religious people trying to brainwash other people, religion is all fictional and I believe death to be permanent nothingness, to me it sounds so beautiful to cease existing and completely forget about this hellish world. Life itself is the true problem as it's the source of all suffering and harm, it's tragic how life is even able to exist here in the first place, life is just the most unfortunate consequence of evolution.

• Informative
Reactions: demuic and endless_pain
kwho

kwho

Student
Apr 29, 2023
Nothing burns in Hell, but the self. From Theologia Germanica

From Buddhas Fire Sermon:

The mind is on fire, thoughts are on fire.
Mind-consciousness and the impressions recieved by the mind,
And the sensations that arise frim the impressions
that the mind recieves - these too are on fire.
And with what are they burning?
With the fire of greed, with the fire of resentment,
with the fire of infatuation;
with birth, old age and death.
With sorrow and lamentation,
with misery and grief and despair they are on fire.

• Love
Reactions: endless_pain and epic