• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
There are two things in abundance in the universe: cold, ever-present darkness and scorching masses of heat. Kind of like hell... In pretty much every religious depiction of such. Universe, in like 99.9% consists of either cold, silent pitch black darkness with miserable stillness, or places of hellish, never-ending chain reaction producing combustion of unimaginable heat.

Then there is earth; a rocky world placed relatively close to one such flaming ball. A world full of hostile creatures who only know how to consume and multiply. A cruel place where nihilistic existence is fueled by endless strife against unavoidable death. A cycle of suffering which cannot be avoided, stratification, exploitation, misery and more. Ability to think which only brings progress without purpose and more creative ways of suffering. Ways that take entire lives to flourish; heartbreaks, loss, financial collapse etc..

Every bond we ever create ends in misery too. For everyone dies, or leaves at some point. Almost as if bonds were simply seeds of misery ready to go off the moment one side dies.

To sum up: If I was to imagine hell given it's usual descriptions I would picture our universe. It simply fits very well.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, Not A Fan and pthnrdnojvsc
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Lovely weather we're having...

• Yay!
Reactions: Ash, QueerMelancholy and Darkover
L

LifeIsBS

Soon
Jun 1, 2024
for me, i really love the universe, i find it fascinating and really beautiful. all my problems are actually with people and how we spend our lives.

• Love
Reactions: Ash, QueerMelancholy and Saturn_
waterworks

waterworks

in the luminous darkness
Jan 31, 2024
Here's a counter view:
There are two things in abundance in the universe: cold, ever-present darkness and scorching masses of heat. Kind of like hell.
The universe appears dark because we can't see all the light emitted beyond visible light, which is less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum. But we can see how bright the universe is using various devices. Also, unless there is something for visible light to bounce off of, and reflect into our eyes, we can't see that there is light. Just like if some shined a torch face away from you in a dark room, you would never know it's shining unless, there is a wall or object or dust to reflect that light. In short, the universe is not dark, it's vastly luminous and bright with an illusive darkness.

The universe is neither cold nor hot, in the conventional way. It all depends on where you are. One thing about it, is the vast distances between the things within it. There is so much space between stars that it's incomprehensible for a human. But it's this space, that makes it seem cold. When the universe was in the process of being born, everything was contained withing a Planck's length, the smallest conceivable distance, it was so hot we can't conceive the temperature; this would be hell and more. Ironically, it is this cold and distant space that allowed the universe to cool quickly and stabilize in order for pockets of life supporting environments to appear. If all of the universe, was warm enough for life to exist, it would ironically be uninhabitable.

Then there is earth; a rocky world placed relatively close to one such flaming ball. A world full of hostile creatures who only know how to consume and multiply

Is that all that happens on the earth? Aren't there creatures who give and sacrifice and care for more their own persistence? I doubt life on earth can be summarized as nihilistic. Plenty of individuals seem to find meaning in the daily toils of their lives. Despite the suffering and death, there is also life and happiness, not for all but likewise not all is suffering. We can't even be seen as a human "race" really because we vary so immensely that it's almost night and day. There are those that endeavor to create as much suffering as possible, and those who stumble to make life free and beautiful for all. Then there is the framework of realizing that living eternally is the true nightmare, and death is a beautiful thing; but despite this, we can't let go of life. If we truly understood what we meant by not wanting to die, we would be horrified, in my opinion.

The point of this reply is to show the duality of reality. Nothing is ever one thing entirely. You may view this as hell, but what is hell? How can we have moments of happiness in hell? More importantly, why should be bother trying to change what is already hell? I want to die, but I also believe life can become something we all want to live, in our own way, but the way society and existence in general is now, it is impossible. But I still hold hope for those I leave behind, that it's not completely hell. That maybe, one day, people like me will be read about in history; about how "life was then".

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: thebelljarrr, Ash, QueerMelancholy and 1 other person
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Here's a counter view:

The universe appears dark because we can't see all the light emitted beyond visible light, which is less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum. But we can see how bright the universe is using various devices. Also, unless there is something for visible light to bounce off of, and reflect into our eyes, we can't see that there is light. Just like if some shined a torch face away from you in a dark room, you would never know it's shining unless, there is a wall or object or dust to reflect that light. In short, the universe is not dark, it's vastly luminous and bright with an illusive darkness.

The universe is neither cold nor hot, in the conventional way. It all depends on where you are. One thing about it, is the vast distances between the things within it. There is so much space between stars that it's incomprehensible for a human. But it's this space, that makes it seem cold. When the universe was in the process of being born, everything was contained withing a Planck's length, the smallest conceivable distanc, it was so hot we can't conceive the temperature; this would be hell and more. Ironically, it is this cold and distant space that allowed the universe to cool quickly and stabilize in order for pockets of life supporting environments to appear. If all of the universe, was warm enough for life to exist, it would ironically be uninhabitable.

Is that all that happens on the earth? Aren't there creatures who give and sacrifice and care for more their own persistence? I doubt life on earth can be summarized as nihilistic. Plenty of individuals seem to find meaning in the daily toils of their lives. Despite the suffering and death, there is also life and happiness, not for all but likewise not all is suffering. We can't even be seen as a human "race" really because you vary to immensely that it's almost night and day. There are those that endeavor to create as much suffering as possible, and those to stumble to make life free and beautiful for all. Then there is the framework of realizing that living eternally is the true nightmare, and death is a beautiful thing; but despite this, we can't let go of life.

The point of this reply is to show the duality of reality. Nothing is ever one thing entirely. You may view this as hell, but what is hell? How can we have moments of happiness in hell? More importantly, why should be bother trying to change what is already hell? I want to die, but I also believe life can become something we all want to live, in our own way, but the way society and existence in general is now, it is impossible. But I still hold hope for those I leave behind, that's not completely hell. That maybe, one day, people like me will already be read about in history; about how "life was then".
Beautifully written. Thank you for this, honestly made my day :)

• Love
Reactions: Ash and waterworks