I

iwkmlol

Nov 7, 2023
hello, this is more of a hypothetical discussion but I have researched inert gas methods and have noticed that requiring the specific helium gas tank can be difficult, because of size/weight/availability, and a lot of them are filled halfway with just air and fillers, which will affect the insurability. BUT… there's these things coming to gas stations and plugs called "Galaxy gas". they are cylinders filled with flavored nitros oxide.

the biggest size comes in 2.2 liters, im not sure if it's pure nitrous but if so, can this somehow be used as a method with inert gas and is that even a good idea? 🤣 (pic not mine)

Attachments

• IMG_9858.jpeg
    IMG_9858.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
they claim that it's 99.9% pure N2O but I'm skeptical. However, let's assume it is.

I was able to find a 3.3 L tank on their website for $190 USD. That means you can buy it at ~$57.58 USD per liter. the exit bag megathread suggests a flow rate of 15 liters per minute for 40 minutes to successfully CTB. That'd end up being 600 L of N2O, as they say in said thread. At $57.58 per liter, you're looking at over $34.500, plus the labor of rigging all of the tanks up to each other such that there is zero leakage & all of the gas is delivered to the correct place.

Also, on their website, they mention that they only sell for culinary usage. They may be a bit lenient for individuals purchasing tanks from them (although I don't know since I have never ordered from them), but I'm sure they'd start asking questions if you ordered 182 of their largest tanks of N2O...

• Yay!
Reactions: cymbaline23 and iwkmlol
I

iwkmlol

Nov 7, 2023
they claim that it's 99.9% pure N2O but I'm skeptical. However, let's assume it is.

I was able to find a 3.3 L tank on their website for $190 USD. That means you can buy it at ~$57.58 USD per liter. the exit bag megathread suggests a flow rate of 15 liters per minute for 40 minutes to successfully CTB. That'd end up being 600 L of N2O, as they say in said thread. At $57.58 per liter, you're looking at over $34.500, plus the labor of rigging all of the tanks up to each other such that there is zero leakage & all of the gas is delivered to the correct place.

Also, on their website, they mention that they only sell for culinary usage. They may be a bit lenient for individuals purchasing tanks from them (although I don't know since I have never ordered from them), but I'm sure they'd start asking questions if you ordered 182 of their largest tanks of N2O...
hahaha you're so awesome for answering this thank you!!

Reactions: cymbaline23