pleaseiwanttogo

pleaseiwanttogo

I looked everywhere for peace
Sep 11, 2023
This is a love story, in a way. And in a way, it has a happy ending.

I met him here. Never imagined something like that could happen, so randomly, and be so important to me. Of all places, here.

We met a week after I discovered my method of choice, the day I went to buy everything. I was extremely excited and he said it was weird for me to be acting like that, to be so happy for it, while I felt like a dream coming true.
We talked for days until he suggested to spend some days in my city, for a concert. I agreed. I was so anxious the days before. It was great to spend time with him, and really hard to say goodbye. I did, I said my goodbye, we agreed it would be the last time we talked and I knew about his plans. But do we really believe in a forever goodbye?

Those days with you were amazing. I lied, I wanted more. You knew, I know you knew, but it was for the best.

He was my friend, I love him and loved the days we spent together, but although we literally met at this website and we both planned to CTB, I still can't believe he did it. I can't believe someone I met, spent so much time together, had intimacy and love, could actually do it. When I thought and planned to CTB it sounded different. When I read other people talking about it here, it was different. When you actually lose someone, it's totally different.
He was my friend, I really miss him.

I hope you're ok, happy, safe. I hope she is too and you're together. I hope for everything good to you.

So, he had his "happy ending", and although I knew it would happen, it was a shock to know he's not here anymore.
How? He was a whole human being with so much history, we had experienced so many things together, we were together and now he's not even alive anymore? How can the skin I touched now be buried? How could that happen? I can't manage to understand. I'm happy for him because he really wanted that, he was suffering here, he really didn't see an out, but again, how could this be fucking real? How can someone I love be gone because they chose so? I'm reconsidering my own plans to CTB because this fucking fucked situation is so shitty I get mad to think people I love could feel like that. I know why he did it, the many reasons to do so, I'm happy for him to have achieved his goal, but I'm still sad and mad for it. I couldn't save him. I couldn't save her. I can only save me, the last person who would want to be saved. I'm here, still. I just want him to be ok. I can't believe he's not here anymore. I wanted a last goodbye. A thousand more.

I guess I never believed you. I told you I don't understand death.

I want you back :(

Now, I guess I'm experiencing grief again and don't have anyone to talk about it. I wanted people to understand it mattered to me.

You mattered. I hope you know that.

Thank you for those days.

It was more than something random, I'll carry our memories with me, with love. I hope to learn to be okay with your absence soon. I wish with all my heart you're in peace.

I just needed, and still do, to talk about it. It's hurting like I didn't think it would. I'm so... It's like the part of my heart where you lived it's now shattered. You're not here. I'll never see you again. How can that be possible?

Well, thank you for reading until here. I'm... I don't even know how I am doing anymore. I'm sad and angry and confused. Loss is terrible, in any way.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SoulWhisperer, Tesha, Forever Sleep and 17 others
T

thickly_settled

Nov 12, 2018
That's beautiful. But it's all the more reason to leave, right? Everything goes away. It's fucking cruel.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: DrearyAsh348 and pleaseiwanttogo
davidtorez

davidtorez

Arcanist
Mar 8, 2024
Unfortunately death is part of the human predicament. I really hope you feel better soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: pleaseiwanttogo
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Omg, OP I just wanna hug you. I can only imagine a scenario like that. everything you're feeling is valid, your grief is valid and I know me and others are here for you, as much as you want to talk about it. People that affect our lives in such a deep way deserve remembrance. <3

• Hugs
Reactions: thickly_settled and pleaseiwanttogo
pleaseiwanttogo

pleaseiwanttogo

I looked everywhere for peace
Sep 11, 2023
That's beautiful. But it's all the more reason to leave, right? Everything goes away. It's fucking cruel.
I understand your point of view and I would have agreed with you before, but it's the opposite for me now. If I leave, I'll never have great experiences again. Yes, it's cruel that it goes away, but it's better to have had it for a while than to never experience that. Love, for example, we can't promise it forever, but it's amazing while it lasts. Losing someone is deeply painful, but imagine to never have known them, never talk, touch, play, have memories with them, all lost. So yes, it might be painful some day, but it might be amazing as well.

Although, if life is being experienced with more pain then pleasure, I also don't see a point, because, yeah, it would be (and it is for many people) cruel.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Thank you for putting this so beautifully, I have felt very similar but was never able to really get it out in writing like this. Almost 2 years now and frankly the grief seems to only get stronger and stronger. Almost every single sentence in your post resonates so much with me. Thank you again, it got me sobbing lol. I'm sorry about your friend, it genuinely changes you as a person.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pleaseiwanttogo
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
You have my condolances. I know what it's like to lose a partner. The waves of grief.

I sit here speaking to you and miss hearing you speak back. Thinking that your death leaves our relationship one sided. That I buy you flowers and ask you questions without any response, but that's wrong. It's the opposite. You still give me so much but can't receive the smallest gift from me.

In a sense both views are true. I'm not sure I miss either more. What you gave me or giving you what I could.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Unfortunately we are fragile creatures with limited time available.
I am glad you met and shared some good times. Many never get that chance.
While he is no longer with us physically, his memory lives with you. Thank you for sharing him with us through your post.