• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
What keeps them alive? Is it ignorance? Is it a wish for something better? Do they even have hope for something or are just aimlessly walking?
Really wondering how people are still alive.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, YandereMikuMistress, heavyeyes and 4 others
Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Dec 3, 2023
I think we had a similar thread on here a few months ago, it's an interesting topic to me. I often ponder just how others are going through life, without seemingly getting affected by anything. I think it's probably a combination of ignorance, hope, and sometimes may be a case of they live because their life is important to someone else (like a mother/father to a child). I think they just see life as living day to day and never really think much beyond that.

Or perhaps some people just have all the luck in life. It could just be as simple as that. It's mad to think that some people can go through an entire lifetime never experiencing any trauma or deeply unpleasant emotion, while some people never get a reprieve.

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, heavyeyes, spring vainglory and 1 other person
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Everyone possesses unique strengths and abilities. Fortunately, some of us received protection before birth.

Reactions: heavyeyes, spring vainglory and Yuki_03
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Some people are just built with better hardware or maybe they just were lucky and never installed the malware some of us have got.

Reactions: Eternal Eyes, heavyeyes, spring vainglory and 2 others
Vicolo cieco

Vicolo cieco

Student
May 14, 2024
Normies are selectively attentive when it comes to evaluate life: they only take into account the things that benefit them and overlook all the negatives (until something bad happens directly to them).

• Yay!
Reactions: Little_Suzy, heavyeyes, spring vainglory and 2 others
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
Ignorance and being generally lucky in life might play a big role since normies rarely reflect on themselves or ponder about life or question why things are the way they are because it doesn't affect them, probably influenced by the capitalism hellscape that we live in where even if life gets bleak and hard to get through, they can still easily ignore these facts and cope by living through the motions and simply function as another cog in the machine

Reactions: YandereMikuMistress, heavyeyes, spring vainglory and 1 other person
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I don't know, do these people actually exist? I used to work in an office and many people there could have been described as "normies," and yet I found that if you actually allowed them the space to express themselves outside the bounds of social convention, they often proved to be just as aware as anyone else. So maybe the people you're talking about are just able to selectively suppress awareness, unlike us, who can't turn it off.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, heavyeyes, spring vainglory and 2 others
spring vainglory

spring vainglory

from a moon soaked in distance.
Feb 3, 2024
Ignorance and being generally lucky in life might play a big role since normies rarely reflect on themselves or ponder about life or question why things are the way they are because it doesn't affect them, probably influenced by the capitalism hellscape that we live in where even if life gets bleak and hard to get through, they can still easily ignore these facts and cope by living through the motions and simply function as another cog in the machine
yeah, ive noticed this too. normies who are my age will say really simple things that made me go "you haven't thought about this before??" and i realize wow, your life must be so good youve never had to think about these things.

like when my friend asked me "do you think that there's only one right way to raise a child or that it's different for every child?" in my head i'm like, isnt the answer common sense? he was genuinely asking as if either he wasn't sure of the answer himself, or he's never talked with ppl about that before...

• Love
Reactions: heavyeyes and archiveofpain
DeathSkullDude1

DeathSkullDude1

Jun 2, 2024
That's what I've always wondered. Do these people have normal happy lives all the time because social media seems to make it seem like that. I'm always seeing people going out to drink with their friends, partying, and having a good time. Meanwhile here I am working at my boring ass job, come home, eat, sleep, watch tv or youtube, and repeat.

Reactions: heavyeyes
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, just generally, I wonder how they experience life. If they ever get the kinds of thoughts that we do and, what they do with them when they do. I'd imagine to a more 'normal' person- whatever that is- suicidal thoughts in particular would feel intrusive and like something they needed to banish.

But yeah- do we all sit at varying levels of contentment in life? Obviously, anyone can go through particularly good or bad periods but, is there a kind of factory setting for all of us and- what defines that? Presumably genetics and most likely our childhood I imagine. I would think that whatever happens while we are initially learning about the world and defining ourselves in it deeply affects who we become.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, YandereMikuMistress, heavyeyes and 1 other person
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
yeah, ive noticed this too. normies who are my age will say really simple things that made me go "you haven't thought about this before??" and i realize wow, your life must be so good youve never had to think about these things.

like when my friend asked me "do you think that there's only one right way to raise a child or that it's different for every child?" in my head i'm like, isnt the answer common sense? he was genuinely asking as if either he wasn't sure of the answer himself, or he's never talked with ppl about that before...
Oh yeah definitely, this makes conversations with them quite dreadful because it really shows that for the most part they have led a general normal life and don't look outside of themselves unless it concerns them which fair I suppose? But is quite beyond me how someone could just live in autopilot without even trying to think outside of the box

Reactions: heavyeyes and spring vainglory
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
If you want to understand them then you need to stop othering them. Everyone seems normal and happy on the surface. Most people aren't ignorant of the problems going on in the world right now and a lot of people are dealing with their own issues. Some people just don't see suicide as something that appeals to them, that's it. That's the only difference between you and those "normal people".

Back in highschool, our religion teacher made us do this stupid assignment where we had to share things about ourselves with the class and this can include more personal stuff (I refused to share shit about myself of course, lol). A lot of students who seemed like "normies" ended up sharing a lot of the struggles and traumatic experiences they went through growing up. Life is a pain in the ass for most people, it's just that some people find parts of it that they love enough to keep themselves going. Others just fear death enough that suicide isn't appealing to them. Some are scared of the impact it may have on their loved ones so they opt not to do it. They are no different from you outside of them just not planning on ctbing.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov