Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
Many ancient books talk about this, but I will try to summarize it in 2 smolšŸ˜½ paragraphs. The purpose of practicing this is to cease suffering.

Noting is a technique that helps you become the observer of your thoughts, emotions, and sensations. Instead of getting caught up in the story of what's happening, you label these experiences as 'thought', 'feeling', or 'emotion' when they arise. It's like standing on the balcony of your life and watching them rather than being them.

For example, if I have a thought that says, 'Nothing ever works out for me,' instead of diving into the story, I note it as a thought. Then, I note whatever comes up in the next moment. You will eventually realize that you are not your thoughts; you are the one who hears/is aware of them. So, don't identify with anything the mind throws at you. You are pure consciousness, beyond any concepts the brain tries to convince you that you are.

PS: I think that people in the west generally think of meditation as thinking very hard until they solve a problem; that's definitely draining and stressful. It's something else entirely. I could go on about it, but I wanted to keep this short.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Buh-bye!, landslide2 and glitteryaliens
enduringwinter

enduringwinter

of angels
Jun 20, 2024
Yes this is my approach to coping (I was raised Buddhist). I also tried following guided meditation videos during a period of time when I was homeless and had to work. It helped me focus.

Ultimately though my efforts never amount to anything so I just wish I had the drive to die...

• Love
Reactions: Spreadingmywings
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
Yes this is my approach to coping (I was raised Buddhist). I also tried following guided meditation videos during a period of time when I was homeless and had to work. It helped me focus.

Ultimately though my efforts never amount to anything so I just wish I had the drive to die...

Can you maintain exclusive attention on the breath, effortlessly for 2h?

There is a final stage after everything else that is a quantum leap, there's a reason UG Krishnamurti said it's "acausal". because you can't cause it by your own will or intend it... It's the reversal of intention and the mind into itself so that there is no longer any seeking forwards, one moment of that and the entire structure collapses itself and reforms outside of the conceptual framework that we use to experience/live our reality.

Ps: I'm talking about enlightenment of course.

enduringwinter

enduringwinter

of angels
Jun 20, 2024
Can you maintain exclusive attention on the breath, effortlessly for 2h?

There is a final stage after everything else that is a quantum leap, there's a reason UG Krishnamurti said it's "acausal". because you can't cause it by your own will or intend it... It's the reversal of intention and the mind into itself so that there is no longer any seeking forwards, one moment of that and the entire structure collapses itself and reforms outside of the conceptual framework that we use to experience/live our reality.

Ps: I'm talking about enlightenment of course.
I don't think I can, maybe 10 odd years ago...

I have a need to get things done that don't allow me to quite reach enlightenment yet but ironically reaching it might make me more efficient as it is hopelessness that renders me exhausted.

B

Buh-bye!

jkfajsd
Jan 10, 2024
that is definitely useful mate, a good cope. i think i already do it sometimes to feel normal but now that's registered in my conscious as a method, i'd maybe practice it more.
you not from the west ?

H

happynot

Jun 22, 2024
I ve practised mindfulness and gratitude it helps but not that much and needs a lot of time

Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

May 22, 2019
that is definitely useful mate, a good cope. i think i already do it sometimes to feel normal but now that's registered in my conscious as a method, i'd maybe practice it more.
you not from the west ?
I guess you could say I'm from the west objective wise, but since I am a hermit it gets a bit complicated, you see there really is no location that i feel or could feel no matter the place this body meat suit is in, it could be anywhere and there would still be this perfect brilliant stillness that eventually takes over after some dedication, will, focus, devotion to meditation it will start radiating and completely take over your whole experience of who you believe yourself to be.

You can use suffering as motivation to get here, I would describe where I am as ecstatic nothingness or stuffed blissful infinity, but even infinity is a concept in reference to finite so it's impossible to describe using language. I should really be replying with silence, but that doesn't help in giving any idea at the stage you are in . All one can do where I am is try pointing the finger to your eternal true nature; that beyond duality. Where you've always have been but have forgotten. When you take off the veils of illusion by simply befriending your breath in meditation without getting distracted or giving up just for 20-30 everyday then the gift of the present will begin merging into your ordinary experience and in that moment u will know for yourself that u are indeed outside time or space. Each moment is truly extraordinary peaceful and complete with all that you want.
I ve practised mindfulness and gratitude it helps but not that much and needs a lot of time

If you ain't got no time to waste getting the book, 'Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha' by Daniel Ingram, which actually shows a map to your current experience is a must.

Otherwise I encourage you to keep practicing but perhaps change your method quite a bit because nothing compares to knowing the glory of God without having to be in a religion, brainwashed or indoctrinated, and just forced to believe something that you haven't realized.

Have you tried any koans, body scanning, vipassana or shadow work? Perhaps just listening to someone talk about your true nature could really help down the line; i dedicated sometime in not just hearing the noise but actually listening without letting the mind form or add any sort of concept around what she is already talking about which is a dialogue of 3 characters representing abstract concepts.

Last edited: