Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I hate when people tell me that I have so much potential. Change "have" to "had." I had potential until my cognitive issues fucked me up a few years ago. I want to go back to college, but idk if I'd even be able to do well because of it. I can see me making a ton of mistakes just like I am with the job I'm at.

Am just waiting for the day that I get tired of everything and my survival instinct lowers so I can make my exit, but idk if that day will ever come :(

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: kittykrying, cyanol, AloneInCollege and 15 others
M

miulake

Mar 24, 2021
I am one of those "had potential" guys. I am a shell now. Dead man walking.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kittykrying, cyanol, DarkRocket and 10 others
BetweenRadioStations

BetweenRadioStations

Student
Aug 10, 2021
I relate

• Hugs
Reactions: akana, Squiddy, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
"I hate when people tell me that I have so much potential." It's always interesting when other people think they know you better than you do. 👿

• Hugs
Reactions: cyanol, Squiddy, Zzzzz and 3 others
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Ah fuck me. When I read your line
Change "have" to "had."
that hit me. Few years ago I was really going places and everyone had the highest of hopes for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: kittykrying, Squiddy, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 2 others
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I was voted Most Likely to Succeed in the 8th grade. Ah, the bitter irony.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: kittykrying, DarkRocket, Squiddy and 4 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would hate that. Other people do not really know what it is like as they are not living your life. I'm sorry that you suffer so much. The survival instinct really can be so frustrating and I wish that it is easier to leave this world as well.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy, Lost in a Dream and DynamicDepression
london3

london3

Banned Scammer
May 5, 2022
It is really bad when people make these sort of comments as it just makes you feel more depressed as you know your negative feelings are very strong and prevent you from reaching that potential.

People can never understand what we are going through as they have never lived it. They are simple speaking as an outsider trying to encourage you when they themselves have never reached these depths of darkness.

• Love
Reactions: Squiddy, Infinity∞, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
The next time someone tells me this, I'm just gonna respond with, "You're right! I have the potential to kill myself! Thank you and goodbye."

But yeah, I'm another one of those "had potential" kind of people too, so I can relate. It sucks thinking about what could have been if things had been different, but here I am anyway. I'm just the shadow of the person I used to be.

• Hugs
Reactions: Squiddy
Choronzon

Choronzon

Sep 23, 2020
Good thread on this exact subject:

Reactions: Squiddy and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
I

ISC

Aug 2, 2021
Yeah, I was also an expectations kid. You grow up getting used to being some kind of parental figure to a broken family where your voice goes silent and everyone else's gets louder. Just lose your sensibilities and get sucked into some kind of vortex of self hate and negation, where you always lose. Then when the time to adult comes, you have to deal with severe issues and/or depression from it, all cause you "had so much potential" or "we believe in you so much." Really sad honestly

Reactions: Squiddy, Infinity∞ and Journeytoletgo
A

akana

Student
Mar 21, 2022
same and fact of the matter is i genuinely wanted to use it
dont have it anymore but people think i'm saying it as some twist. it's not & its patronising

• Hugs
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Haha this is one of my pet peeves! Spend a day in my shoes I wanna say to them.

• Hugs
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
"I hate when people tell me that I have so much potential." It's always interesting when other people think they know you better than you do. 👿
Exactly. They think I can improve, but I think the chances of it are extremely low to none. Just gotta get the courage to end things for good.

Ah fuck me. When I read your line

that hit me. Few years ago I was really going places and everyone had the highest of hopes for me.
Same and it sucks :( my younger self would be disappointed in my older self

It is really bad when people make these sort of comments as it just makes you feel more depressed as you know your negative feelings are very strong and prevent you from reaching that potential.

People can never understand what we are going through as they have never lived it. They are simple speaking as an outsider trying to encourage you when they themselves have never reached these depths of darkness.
You worded that perfectly. I 100% agree

The next time someone tells me this, I'm just gonna respond with, "You're right! I have the potential to kill myself! Thank you and goodbye."

But yeah, I'm another one of those "had potential" kind of people too, so I can relate. It sucks thinking about what could have been if things had been different, but here I am anyway. I'm just the shadow of the person I used to be.
Lol I wish I could tell them that

• Hugs
Reactions: symphony and Lost in a Dream
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Reminds me of the lyrics to this Carolesdaughter song, Please Put Me in a Medically Induced Coma... "high potential but of course I blew it"
yep. that about sums the past decade of my life up!