Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
Has anyone been or is being treated with any of these antidepressants? They seem to be the strongest but also the most dangerous, I am particularly interested in moclobemide which seems to be safer than the older ones.

Reactions: shrobae
J

JustAStory

Aug 30, 2024
As far as I know they're very effective and not really dangerous per-se, but they have a number of pharmacological and food interactions and require to follow strict dietary rules.

Reactions: Placo
L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
I tried moclobemide. There were very few foods I absolutely couldn't eat and mostly just foods I needed to be careful not to eat too much of. I had limited benefit with moclobemide but I do have treatment resistant depression.
It's certainly worth trying

• Informative
shrobae

shrobae

pro invicto
Sep 9, 2024
Has anyone been or is being treated with any of these antidepressants? They seem to be the strongest but also the most dangerous, I am particularly interested in moclobemide which seems to be safer than the older ones.
just speaking from my experience, they seemed to worsen some symptoms and seemingly "cure" the others. i ended up getting off my medicine and going with alt med. note: i do not recommend stopping medicine on a whim. talk to a doc if you ever consider doing it

Placo

Placo

Life and Death
Feb 14, 2024
just speaking from my experience, they seemed to worsen some symptoms and seemingly "cure" the others. i ended up getting off my medicine and going with alt med. note: i do not recommend stopping medicine on a whim. talk to a doc if you ever consider doing it
What does your alternative medicine consist of?

shrobae

shrobae

pro invicto
Sep 9, 2024
I use adaptogens like ashwagandha ( which ive already preached multiple times here lol), kratom, and really anything natural. there is a book by the name of "The Lost Book of Herbal Remedies" By Nicole Apelian. This book lists many different kinds of wild medicine from different cultures and harvesting instructions, preparations, and things like that. i will make a follow up reply, but i have to go to my folk's house for a hurricane that's coming our way,

• Informative
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I could only source Moclobemide and Selegiline. I had a little success with both but my brain burns out meds quite quickly.

I personally think MAOIs are some of the better meds, and it is disgusting that we don't have wider access to see if they help us.

shrobae

shrobae

pro invicto
Sep 9, 2024
What does your alternative medicine consist of?
i reached the other house... basically anything in that book has medicinal properties or can be eaten. It will include disclaimers if not. I also occasionally use psilocybin for when i need an internal therapy session (for lack of a better term). We all react differently to things, and maybe i just drew a short straw with the meds. But alt medicine and herbal remedies have helped me more than pharmaceuticals and even helped me break a substance use problem with any pharm that could get you high basically.

My point is: what works for you works for you. It is up to you to find out what exactly helps you, because no doctor can read your mind.