Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Has anyone lived in a comune, kabutz or a homestead?
The only alternate lifestyle I have experienced is a rainbow gathering.
In case you don't know what they are they are an alternative underground society. The organization gets permits to camp out in national forests. There are small regional gatherings and a large national on the fourth of July. On the fourth of July there is silence untill noon and then a drum circle with a parade. There are a bunch of kitchens with cool names just like ss usernames but with a hippy theme. There is NO money allowed and a giant trade circle. There are 100,000 people in the woods together for the national. There are fire pits and drum circles. A crew comes before the actual gathering and builds what they call shitters. It's not designed for the current social distancing.
It seems like a lot of depression is being detached from nature and not wanting to be in our society. Has anyone else lived with other underground individuals?

• Wow
Reactions: Sensei, terry_a_davis, Yomyom and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Until I saw this thread, I didn't even know pirates were a thing, I just knew some fringe dudes who called themselves that and I thought they were kind of idiots, not a movement (of idiots? I don't know!).

I went to a pirate house for an overnight monthly full moon party where there was a bonfire, LSD, and techno trance music. They served a vegetarian meal for everyone, around 75 people. I think I paid around $30 US to go, and that included chartered transportation. It was the only time I ever did LSD. I microdosed and didn't care for it, and it was a very long and weird night. My friend didn't tell me what to bring, so I had no sleeping bag and no extra clothes. Some folks claimed the roofless upstairs rooms in the castle (see below) for sleeping, I got stuck on the floor of the bus on a woven mat, and it was cold and I woke up to a girl crawling over me, her limbs were so long she was like a human spider, it was a bizarre moment. I wasn't into the trance dancing, I was inappropriately dressed, I couldn't sleep, and I got sick of the cuddle puddle around the bonfire.

It was in Guatemala. I knew a guy who had lived in the house prior to the event I went to. It was an amazing remote property with a seatless bus and a huge, empty castle-like house that was kind of falling apart. Supposedly the pirates squatted there, but I don't know how a bunch of white dudes would have gotten away with it in a heavily indigenous community. And with the monthly techno trance party, there's no way no one heard them...not that anyone can have secrets in an indigenous Guatemalan community, even if they didn't participate in it, because after living in that area a year and visiting others in that country, I can confidently say that indigenous Guatemalans are some of the nosiest mothfuckas I've ever met in my life.

A photo from online. I don't know these women, but do *not* fuck with them! :pfff:

Ixchelguatemala2018 25 9f219acf fa3e 489f 90ab bbef3a0a97f7 1024x1024

(No really, don't. If they try to sell you something, they will use every trick in the book to get you to buy. I called such women the Velcro ladies, because they will stick to you until they wear you down. If you try to ignore them and start talking to someone else, they just stand there and stare at you. They got all day. They are hardcore.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LivideLamb, Oyoy and waterbottleman
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
My son lives in an Emmaus. For him it was the best thing that could happen.

This is the European link, but there are houses worldwide

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
coreofanapple

coreofanapple

I am un chien andalusia
Mar 31, 2020
How would I go about finding things like this?

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
Until I saw this thread, I didn't even know pirates were a thing, I just knew some fringe dudes who called themselves that and I thought they were kind of idiots, not a movement (of idiots? I don't know!).

I went to a pirate house for an overnight monthly full moon party where there was a bonfire, LSD, and techno trance music. They served a vegetarian meal for everyone, around 75 people. I think I paid around $30 US to go, and that included chartered transportation. It was the only time I ever did LSD. I microdosed and didn't care for it, and it was a very long and weird night. My friend didn't tell me what to bring, so I had no sleeping bag and no extra clothes. Some folks claimed the roofless upstairs rooms in the castle (see below) for sleeping, I got stuck on the floor of the bus on a woven mat, and it was cold and I woke up to a girl crawling over me, her limbs were so long she was like a human spider, it was a bizarre moment. I wasn't into the trance dancing, I was inappropriately dressed, I couldn't sleep, and I got sick of the cuddle puddle around the bonfire.

It was in Guatemala. I knew a guy who had lived in the house prior to the event I went to. It was an amazing remote property with a seatless bus and a huge, empty castle-like house that was kind of falling apart. Supposedly the pirates squatted there, but I don't know how a bunch of white dudes would have gotten away with it in a heavily indigenous community. And with the monthly techno trance party, there's no way no one heard them...not that anyone can have secrets in an indigenous Guatemalan community, even if they didn't participate in it, because after living in that area a year and visiting others in that country, I can confidently say that indigenous Guatemalans are some of the nosiest mothfuckas I've ever met in my life.

A photo from online. I don't know these women, but do *not* fuck with them! :pfff:

View attachment 31681

(No really, don't. If they try to sell you something, they will use every trick in the book to get you to buy. I called such women the Velcro ladies, because they will stick to you until they wear you down. If you try to ignore them and start talking to someone else, they just stand there and stare at you. They got all day. They are hardcore.)

Wow that was a very cool life story but I would have preferred having somewhere decent to sleep after having taken LSD (which I have never tried) and idk if I should laugh or be frightened of human spider lady

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Oyoy
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
idk if I should laugh or be frightened of human spider lady

She was more frightened of me than I was of her!

Literally. It scared the crap out of her when I spoke to her.