brokenwaves

brokenwaves

i need to cross a border that’s hard to define
Feb 19, 2021
god i hate birthdays, i hate any day with an expectation that i'm supposed to be happy and enjoy myself. birthdays always bring up all this shit from the past, i can't help but sit there all day thinking of everything that's gone wrong in my life. i'm sitting here right now thinking about how my parents brought me into this world, abandoned me as a teenager, and now i'm left to deal with the aftermath. i didn't ask to be born, i didn't ask for any of this and yet society expects me to stick around for it all? i want out. i live with two family members and the whole day has been complaining about random bullshit. they convince me to have a family meal bc it's my birthday and then force me to eat food that i don't even like, misgendering me in my birthday card & using the wrong name and pronouns for me all throughout the day. they really couldn't even try for one day to just put some effort in. i don't have the energy for this anymore, i really don't

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: lobster salad, Superdeterminist, TessB and 3 others

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
Happy birthday, op. I wish for you that you may find what you're looking for.

• Love
Reactions: brokenwaves
L

lostmyself

Jan 28, 2021
Happy birthday. I'm sorry that your parents abandoned you as a teen. Do something that you enjoy doing today. After all it is about YOU.

• Love
spiderlily

spiderlily

Mar 2, 2021
Happy birthday, OP. I'm sorry your family members weren't considerate of you. I hope you're able to do something that suits your taste, too--food or music or anything.

• Love
ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Happy birthday dude, but otherwise fuck birthdays. Mines next Friday and I'm going to spend it drunk on here - my family couldn't care less so fuck em. Its a day for them to feel better about themselves by saying what people are supposed to say on a birthday. Nothing genuine.

• Love
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I don't see (my) birthdays as any cause for celebration. Maybe they were when I was growing up, but all they are now is a reminder that I'm getting older and therefore closer to physical frailty. Unless ageing is really and truly cured, I can't find a reason to celebrate. I get that birthdays would've been a cause for celebration in ancestral times, where living another year was rare because death was so rampant.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Birthdays are like funerals. People will say it's about you but really it's about them. People who don't want a birthday are the freaks for some reason.

• Love
Reactions: lobster salad, brokenwaves and ThrownAwayTom