• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Hi,

I'm thinking about committing suicide using the doorknob method, with a tennis shoelace. It's not a flat shoelace, and it seems to be sturdy. What would be the most suitable type of knot to tie around the neck and what are the possible flaws of this method?

PS: Here in Brazil it is very difficult to buy firearms, because it is necessary to acquire possession of a weapon. Also, I don't have any contacts who could sell me clandestinely. Do you know how I can buy a gun? This is my number 2 method in case that one doesn't work properly.

Reactions: USER80709
I

istheretrulyalife?

Ser Alexander V
Jun 14, 2023
You could buy a tourinquet. If you can't but are interested in the method go online or to your nearest haberdasher and buy cotton rufflette. You can go to the resources section and read through the books there. The ones I've read are sectioned into chapters so you could find methods that interest you.

• Informative
Reactions: Arthur Fleck
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
that sounds really painful.

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
Hi,

I'm thinking about committing suicide using the doorknob method, with a tennis shoelace. It's not a flat shoelace, and it seems to be sturdy. What would be the most suitable type of knot to tie around the neck and what are the possible flaws of this method?

PS: Here in Brazil it is very difficult to buy firearms, because it is necessary to acquire possession of a weapon. Also, I don't have any contacts who could sell me clandestinely. Do you know how I can buy a gun? This is my number 2 method in case that one doesn't work properly.
Você pode adquirir uma corda? Cadarço é muito fino e provavelmente vai doer o pescoço. Sobre o nó, pesquise "Scaffold knot"

• Informative
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Você pode adquirir uma corda? Cadarço é muito fino e provavelmente vai doer o pescoço. Sobre o nó, pesquise "Scaffold knot"
Eu estou sem dinheiro até para comprar uma corda, e no local onde moro não possui um ponto alto para se pendurar. Mas, muito obrigado pela dica sobre o nó.
You could buy a tourinquet. If you can't but are interested in the method go online or to your nearest haberdasher and buy cotton rufflette. You can go to the resources section and read through the books there. The ones I've read are sectioned into chapters so you could find methods that interest you.
Thank you!

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I wouldn't use a shoe lace cause it could likely snap, and if you want to mitigate unnecessary risk, then go full suspension. But you'd need 10mm + rope to be sure and a steady anchor point. Your plan is possible, but unconventional.

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88 and Arthur Fleck
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
that sounds really painful.
The intention is to lose consciousness in a few moments due to the loss of oxygen in the brain. So I believe it shouldn't be that painful.
I wouldn't use a shoe lace cause it could likely snap, and if you want to mitigate unnecessary risk, then go full suspension. But you'd need 10mm + rope to be sure and a steady anchor point. Your plan is possible, but unconventional.
I see, I had thought about the possibility of the laces breaking before.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
The intention is to lose consciousness in a few moments due to the loss of oxygen in the brain. So I believe it shouldn't be that painful.

I see, I had thought about the possibility of the laces breaking before.
Yeah, I don't want you hanging for like ten minutes then it snaps, that's worse case scenario. These decisions are too important after all.

• Love
  • Informative
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
Yeah, I don't want you hanging for like ten minutes then it snaps, that's worse case scenario. These decisions are too important after all.
Yes, thanks for the concern. I see that here on the Forum people are very kind to each other. This is very rare to find these days, especially on the Internet.

Reactions: CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Yes, thanks for the concern. I see that here on the Forum people are very kind to each other. This is very rare to find these days, especially on the Internet.
No worries. This is true. People on the outside would have you believe we're all monsters and cowards.

• Love
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
The intention is to lose consciousness in a few moments
i think you mean the nite nite method where you compress the carotid. a shoelace would have to be placed perfectly. a slightly thicker rope would do the job better. a shoelace would dig into your neck and i'm sure it's gonna hurt. but not too thick or it probably wouldn't constrict enough and cut off your air supply. shoelace woud basically seem more like a full hanging to me.

• Informative
Arthur Fleck

Arthur Fleck

Jun 10, 2020
No worries. This is true. People on the outside would have you believe we're all monsters and cowards.
Yes, that's exactly what they think about me.
i think you mean the nite nite method where you compress the carotid. a shoelace would have to be placed perfectly. a slightly thicker rope would do the job better. a shoelace would dig into your neck and i'm sure it's gonna hurt. but not too thick or it probably wouldn't constrict enough and cut off your air supply. shoelace woud basically seem more like a full hanging to me.
I understood. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: CW36