Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
I don't really want to go out and buy a rope... I don't even know how to make a noose from it.

A belt is convenient and all I have to do it hang it somewhere, loop it around my neck, and bam.

But I was wondering, why a rope over a belt?

Reactions: Tiburcio
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Because a rope won't break and fuck up your attempt. Because it's easier to compress the arteries with a thinner ligature and pass out faster. Because this is the last thing you will ever do.
And besides, you risk brain damage with this method, so don't to half-ass it.

"I can't tie knots", "I can't buy a rope", "but <insert famous guy's name> hanged himself using pasta! it's possible!" och please, people...

• Hugs
Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Comatose11, Rocky M and 2 others
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Hmmm, I was convinced my belt was going to work since it seems pretty sturdy,
but now that I've got actual people telling me it's probably NOT going to work...

I think I might as well go buy a rope.
Thanks for scaring me of going out with a belt at the very last minute. Lol.

Can someone confirm the following:
Simple noose knot
1/2 diameter, Static rope
Any height will do as long as 11lbs is being pushed against the carotid arteries
I might shit and piss myself
My tongue will be sticking out as if taunting the people before me...

What are the chances of a noose coming loose?
If I do this correctly, will I still be able to breathe and will just go unconscious without realising it?

Reactions: Tiburcio, shadow11 and lv-gras
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
Slipknot is best, IDK freedom units but 8-10mm should be enough, static/non-stretch rope. If you use the bathroom beforehand you should be fine and the tongue sticking out is 50/50 from what I've seen, it does look grotesque tho...

As for the actual method it seems to work for 1% of people on this forum, lol. The rest is like "omg, I can't pass out" or "I almost passed out but saved myself at the last moment!". I'm not sure if they're just not committed enough or if the method is some kind of a meme.
Check out Marcus Jannes suicide video if you can still find it, he makes it look so easy. He was really determined to die tho, he doesn't make any practice runs, he just fucking goes for it.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Comatose11 and Midnight
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
I don't want to look or sound like an ass, or violate any rules, but I feel that the rest of the people on this forum who have attempted but failed don't really want to die.

I'm going to be honest, I've attempted before and failed, but that's only because I hadn't done enough research and I thought what I did was a sure method cause I was naive back then.

I feel like the ones who actually use this hanging method and succeed do not create an account on this forum, but just lurk and soak in all the tips and tricks... and then they're gone.

The people who are on this forum giving others advice and methods on how to suicide are the ones who can never get it right. Ironic, isn't it? Makes you wonder why. These people are the ones who bring the most attention on to themselves saying their going to do it -insert a date here- but never succeeds.

While their advice and tips are much appreciated and are thoroughly reliable as there have been other resources mentioning the same things, I just think these people are afraid of dying. And I don't blame them. I was where they were. Been there, done that.

It's even worse that some people (I'm not going to lie, if I wasn't planning to kill myself tomorrow I'd be these people too) might even be addicted to this site because they enjoy the attention they get with all the likes they receive under a comment or post. They even have a ranking system on here for most likes/messages!

I remember telling myself when I was younger that I was going to do this method and that method. Found some people online to talk about it with, but I never actually went through with it. I made such a big deal about it too... I'm going to do it -insert another date here- but I just got the stuff out to do it, wrote a note, but never went on with it. I chickened out at the last minute. This went on for a while. Said I'll kill myself, couldn't do it, blah blah blah.

The first time I actually went through with suicide, I felt calm. I finally felt ready. But it didn't work out as planned and I lived, so I had to go on with Plan B. Hanging! I feel like I'll be luckier this time around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gumby, Tiburcio, Deutsch and 1 other person
D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
It's a bad thing too, because it makes partial hanging look extremely unreliable, but statistics show that 60% of people who hang themselves are found with their feet touching the ground, so full suspension is absolutely unnecessary. But here people back out after feeling the slightest discomfort, then say the method doesn't work - like dude what do you expect to feel while you're killing yourself?

And then again there are those who complain about the taste of N - "I can't die cuz N is bitter, ow look at me suffering everyone!". So yeah, take the experiences of people on this forum with a grain... of even a bag of salt.

INB4 I'm not saying that dying is easy, I too am still alive after all, but c'mon now, some of these excuses are ridiculous.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Comatose11, Midnight and 4 others
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I don't want to look or sound like an ass, or violate any rules, but I feel that the rest of the people on this forum who have attempted but failed don't really want to die.

I feel like the ones who actually use this hanging method and succeed do not create an account on this forum, but just lurk and soak in all the tips and tricks... and then they're gone.

The people who are on this forum giving others advice and methods on how to suicide are the ones who can never get it right. Ironic, isn't it? Makes you wonder why. These people are the ones who bring the most attention on to themselves saying their going to do it -insert a date here- but never succeeds.

It's even worse that some people (I'm not going to lie, if I wasn't planning to kill myself tomorrow I'd be these people too) might even be addicted to this site because they enjoy the attention they get with all the likes they receive under a comment or post. They even have a ranking system on here for most likes/messages.
I agree that more lurkers have killed themselves than users, but the "don't really want to die" thing is not true. lostallhope claims that there are twenty attempts for every success, and a whole lot more people who plan it than attempt it, and a whole lot more people who think about it than plan it. It's also kind of ironic that you made a post about hanging with a belt instead of rope, then proceeded to talk about not really wanting to die, and also inserted a date while criticizing others for doing so.

Agreed about the site addiction. That's just human nature, though. At least they can get some knowledge and companionship out of it.

Sorry if I came across as abrasive. You may not even be alive anymore. Good luck with your method.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and 5 others
D

Deleted member 847

your avatar is ruining my eyes. Please change it

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Tiburcio, shadow11, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 4 others
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
I agree that more lurkers have killed themselves than users, but the "don't really want to die" thing is not true. lostallhope claims that there are twenty attempts for every success, and a whole lot more people who plan it than attempt it, and a whole lot more people who think about it than plan it. It's also kind of ironic that you made a post about hanging with a belt instead of rope, then proceeded to talk about not really wanting to die, and also inserted a date while criticizing others for doing so.

Agreed about the site addiction. That's just human nature, though. At least they can get some knowledge and companionship out of it.

Sorry if I came across as abrasive. You may not even be alive anymore. Good luck with your method.

I'm still here. There are still people in the house.

I was not criticizing. I don't understand what was ironic about my post either. I've been in their situation before. I was and am one of them. They really do NOT want to die. They have that little tiny bit of hope left but are in denial that they have this hope in them. Why leave a date for the future and not do it now? TODAY. All these failed attempts and these people who keep coming back to this site after saying they're going to kill themselves. Like, YAY they're still alive, but why... after all the times they keep saying "I'm going to kill myself". It's a bit hypocritical.

C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I'm still here. There are still people in the house.

I was not criticizing. I don't understand what was ironic about my post either. I've been in their situation before. I was and am one of them. They really do NOT want to die. They have that little tiny bit of hope left but are in denial that they have this hope in them. Why leave a date for the future and not do it now? TODAY. All these failed attempts and these people who keep coming back to this site after saying they're going to kill themselves. Like, YAY they're still alive, but why... after all the times they keep saying "I'm going to kill myself". It's a bit hypocritical.
It was ironic because you said that you didn't want to go out and buy a rope or learn knots, and criticized people for not wanting to die. People who want to die and damn everything else just need to get a rope and kick a chair. You will die unless you're using a shit support.

But now you say that you "were and are" the same as everyone else who doesn't want to die, so I'm having a hard time getting your point. Are you planning to kill yourself or not? Saying and doing are two different things. You claimed these people don't really want to die. They do, but they can't. Just because someone cannot do something does not mean they don't want to. That's the issue I took with your post.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and 3 others
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
It was ironic because you said that you didn't want to go out and buy a rope or learn knots, and criticized people for not wanting to die. People who want to die and damn everything else just need to get a rope and kick a chair. You will die unless you're using a shit support.

But now you say that you "were and are" the same as everyone else who doesn't want to die, so I'm having a hard time getting your point. Are you planning to kill yourself or not? Saying and doing are two different things. You claimed these people don't really want to die. They do, but they can't. Just because someone cannot do something does not mean they don't want to. That's the issue I took with your post.

I did not criticize anyone for not wanting to die. I was saying that people on here giving advice and making a big deal that they're going to leave today or tonight are the ones who always fail for some reason. I didn't find what I was saying ironic at all. I didn't say I couldn't buy a rope or learn how to tie knots - I just seriously thought a belt would be more convenient and would easily do the trick. I can't really imagine a belt breaking.

I am going to kill myself. But I still have that anxious feeling I get when I'm about to do it. The issue with your post that I'm having is 'They do, but they can't". They want to die, but what is stopping them?

Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
I'm just going to end the conversation here. To each his own.
I respect your opinion and what you perceive of what I'm saying,
but I fear that if I continue replying to you, I might say something out of line that I don't really mean.

Reactions: CRM
C

CRM

Idiot
Jul 13, 2018
I didn't say I couldn't buy a rope or learn how to tie knots - I just seriously thought a belt would be more convenient and would easily do the trick. I can't really imagine a belt breaking.
Fair enough.

I am going to kill myself. But I still have that anxious feeling I get when I'm about to do it. The issue with your post that I'm having is 'They do, but they can't". They want to die, but what is stopping them?
What is stopping them is survival instinct.

Also, am I a millionaire? No. Does that mean I don't want to be one? No. The barriers set up that prevent me from doing so are just too insurmountable.

I'm just going to end the conversation here. To each his own.
I respect your opinion and what you perceive of what I'm saying,
but I fear that if I continue replying to you, I might say something out of line that I don't really mean.
That's fine. I didn't mean to attack you in any way. We just have differing opinions here. I hope you find your peace.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and 3 others
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
When I tried and failed in ridiculous fashion with the belt, I did manage to compress that artery but it took a few attempts.

Just get a rope.

Reactions: Tiburcio, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Comatose11
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
It's a bad thing too, because it makes partial hanging look extremely unreliable, but statistics show that 60% of people who hang themselves are found with their feet touching the ground, so full suspension is absolutely unnecessary. But here people back out after feeling the slightest discomfort, then say the method doesn't work - like dude what do you expect to feel while you're killing yourself?

And then again there are those who complain about the taste of N - "I can't die cuz N is bitter, ow look at me suffering everyone!". So yeah, take the experiences of people on this forum with a grain... of even a bag of salt.

INB4 I'm not saying that dying is easy, I too am still alive after all, but c'mon now, some of these excuses are ridiculous.

I agree. Some people on here have "warned" me about hanging being unpleasant. I'm ok with some discomfort if it gets me to my final destination.

Reactions: Tiburcio, wanttodie, lv-gras and 1 other person
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
These past few days, I was seriously going back and forth with the idea of belt or rope...

So, anyway, uh. I'm an ignorant person, so silly question...

What exactly is static rope?

I was at the store a couple minutes ago looking for a rope... but there was nothing that said 'static rope'.

I had expected something in bold letters saying STATIC rope...

but all I found were Paracord ropes, Bungee cords, Braided ropes, Twisted ropes...

Are one of the above 'static' rope?

D

Deleted_9cKnXB34QG

Mage
Jun 26, 2018
static rope is just a rope that doesn't stretch.