• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

dukedoom

dukedoom

lemme die
Jan 14, 2023
Hello people. I have come to the conclusion that my life must end for I cannot function like a normal being at the moment. My preferred location for CBT would be in a forest/the woods with a rope. I'm going to trek for about an hour in so that there will be a minimal chance of someone intervening. I've been trying to locate the carotid artery and when I position two fingers on the left side of my throat, slightly above the adam's apple I feel a beating pulse which I presume is the artery that will cut off oxygenated blood to my brain (?). Given the location I am wondering if a full or half suspension would be the best and what kind of rope I should use. I weigh around 70-72kg and my height is 183cm. I have bought a 30m long polypropylene rope, 9mm thick and with a specified breaking strenght of 250kg which I don't know what that means (the load it can handle?) Also I would like to know which knot is the best so any rope won't snap off the tree branch. Thanks!

Reactions: Outandproud and Rocinante
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Did you try hanging with your hands like putting the rope through a door or something to see if it breaks? That should tell u if it takes your weight

Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022
Many people over look this compilation. It has the majority of everything you need to know

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/suicide-resource-compilation.3/

dukedoom

dukedoom

lemme die
Jan 14, 2023
Did you try hanging with your hands like putting the rope through a door or something to see if it breaks? That should tell u if it takes your weight
Yes it holds my weight without problem! The main concern is finding the carotid artery to pass out, don't know if that's just a myth seeming alot of people have issues hitting it...

P

purplehearted

SN re ordered! šŸ„²
Nov 21, 2022
Yes it holds my weight without problem! The main concern is finding the carotid artery to pass out, don't know if that's just a myth seeming alot of people have issues hitting it...
definitely not a myth, i found mine a few days ago whilst practicing partial. it takes a bit of trial and error (maybe some luck too) and positioning with the rope to get it right. you know you've got it when you start to lose sensation in your limbs and feel a bit dizzy and start to black out

Reactions: Fulminare
A

AreWeWinning

Student
Nov 1, 2021

It's not a myth. If you do it right, you pass out very quickly. The myth is that you don't need a lot of pressure. In my experience, you do need a lot of pressure, and the technique is less important. You can test this. Don't fix the rope to the anchor point but hold the other end in your hand instead. Relax your neck muscles and apply as much pressure as you can quickly without holding back by bending your knees and lowering yourself. For me, this works wonderfully.

Maybe, in theory you can get away with less pressure if you apply huge paddings exactly at the right places. But that is tricky and unreliable. I find it much easier to just use a thick rope or a belt, so it's not uncomfortable, and apply full force. It cannot be done by pulling the rope directly with your hand upwards. Do it in the way I described above.

It think most people who have issues do partial (not full suspension!) and are unable to commit to it, either consciously or unconsciously. They fix the rope, have a fixed setup, and experiment with it trying to find the tipping point. It just doesn't work! A number of things can happen:
  • They don't apply enough pressure, don't pass out, then come here to complain that it doesn't work and ask questions. Then they try again, and the same thing happens etc.
  • They do pass out and die.
  • They pass out, the body goes stiff or start jerking around, and in the process, blood starts to flow again, and they regain consciousness.

Go for full suspension. Partial is bullshit in my opinion. In theory it can work, but in practice, it's unreliable. Ok, maybe if you tiptoe into the noose, that can be ok. But the sitting or lying positions are just nonsense. In my view, those are non-serious attempts.

• Informative
Reactions: CW36, hellispink and Gustav Hartmann