• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Does anyone know if being thin/underweight makes full suspension harder and/or more painful? I keep putting the noose around my neck just to see, high up under the jaw and even with a bit of pressure it feels it's pressing against my hyoid bone and I'm afraid that it's just going to break as soon as I step off the chair and I'll be in agony.
I also saw on a really old thread someone was saying that it's harder to close your blood vessels if you're thin. Does anyone know how true this is? Really don't want to be dangling there and choking for ages :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and Crazy4u
Ldog9

Ldog9

Student
Jan 12, 2019
Yes, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about this somewhere, I forget where. Essentially that people with larger/fatter necks make its easier/faster to restrict the arteries.

Anecdotally, as someone with a very thin neck, when I attempted a simple hanging, it was extremely painful. Coupled with SI I couldn't take it. Although I did pick probably the worse rope to use, one of those cheap thin yellow nylon ropes.

Last edited:
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and Crazy4u
T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Yes, I'm pretty sure I remember reading about this somewhere, I forget where. Essentially that people with larger/fatter necks make its easier/faster to restrict the arteries.

Anecdotally, as someone with a very thin neck, when I attempted a simple hanging, it was extremely painful. Coupled with SI I couldn't take it. Although I did pick probably the worse rope to use, one of those cheap thin yellow nylon ropes.
Ugh....this is what I was afraid of. I wonder if a bit of padding on the front would help. So you did full suspension and then stopped?

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
Ugh....this is what I was afraid of. I wonder if a bit of padding on the front would help. So you did full suspension and then stopped?
I have anorexia so I'm suffering from a similar dilemma. Whenever I attempt to constrict my neck I just feel like I'm choking. I can't even find my arteries.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I have anorexia so I'm suffering from a similar dilemma. Whenever I attempt to constrict my neck I just feel like I'm choking. I can't even find my arteries.
Tbh I still think hanging will work it's just probably going to be painful :(

• Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Tbh I still think hanging will work it's just probably going to be painful :(
I think that's the issue with full suspension- it seems very reliable if not interrupted but for a while it will be terrifying and painful- how long the while is is uncertain. Some say it is usually a minute or less and some say it can be 10 to 20 minutes because it takes a while to close off the airway- it is scary. That's why I have sn as an option in front of this method. Still if sn fasils full suspension is an option because ten to twenty minutes is still better thans years and years of pain with no end in sight. Still, if sn fails once, which I think it won't, but if it does I night try it again before full suspension. Full suspension seems terrifying but usually effective if not interrupted. You might get lucky and pass out in a minute or two- viewine some of the many posts and threads on this could help toi improve the odds of a faster result if there are tips there.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
I think that's the issue with full suspension- it seems very reliable if not interrupted but for a while it will be terrifying and painful- how long the while is is uncertain. Some say it is usually a minute or less and some say it can be 10 to 20 minutes because it takes a while to close off the airway- it is scary. That's why I have sn as an option in front of this method. Still if sn fasils full suspension is an option because ten to twenty minutes is still better thans years and years of pain with no end in sight. Still, if sn fails once, which I think it won't, but if it does I night try it again before full suspension. Full suspension seems terrifying but usually effective if not interrupted. You might get lucky and pass out in a minute or two- viewine some of the many posts and threads on this could help toi improve the odds of a faster result if there are tips there.
I've read all the hanging threads on this site šŸ˜… there's a lot of inconsistencies. Some people say to use padding and others say padding makes it less effective and things like that.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I've read all the hanging threads on this site šŸ˜… there's a lot of inconsistencies. Some people say to use padding and others say padding makes it less effective and things like that.
Sn also has inconsistencies, as well as other methods- it's one of the scariest things about ctb. At some point I will likely decide to go ahead and say- I've got to try to stop the pain somehow- I don't know when this will be. Some people go the other way and say I'll try to keep going because I'm too scared to try to ctb. It's an individual choice. In my opinion for people under 30 or 35 without serious physical health problems, they should really try to reach out for help, especially to family members/ parents who care if there is a real chance that they can help, which in most cases there is a good chance they can. Later in life options for fixing a life get fewer and fewer.