• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
some of you may have seen this thread. it provides useful information on hanging from a tree- where to tie the anchor points, how to tell if a tree is dying and which trees to avoid.

my question is how to adapt this for trees in my geographic region (subtropical eastern Australia). does anybody have any idea on which trees to avoid and which ones to use here?

thank you for any assistance.

Reactions: CW36 and ABSOLUTION
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
still alive (unfortunately) but will hopefully have the opportunity to scout some trees soon. any knowledge anyone has would be appreciate!

U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
hm I think hanging is unreliable itself. It could work

• Aww..
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
why do you say it is unreliable? to clarify I plan on doing full suspension hanging from a tree. I've tried and failed partial too many times.

my understanding is that if you have an anchor point and rope strong enough to hold your weight, and you don't have somewhere you can hold onto with your hands or feet... you're dead.

overcoming SI, finding the anchor point and properly learning the knots are key points of failure though. I wish I had access to a method like SN or inert gas but unfortunately I do not.

Reactions: CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
why do you say it is unreliable? to clarify I plan on doing full suspension hanging from a tree. I've tried and failed partial too many times.

my understanding is that if you have an anchor point and rope strong enough to hold your weight, and you don't have somewhere you can hold onto with your hands or feet... you're dead.

overcoming SI, finding the anchor point and properly learning the knots are key points of failure though. I wish I had access to a method like SN or inert gas but unfortunately I do not.
The above poster is just scaremongering or ignorant. What you say is exactly right and is why it's the the most popular method worldwide. If so many millions have succeeded with little to no research and most likely poor knots / ligatures/ anchors, the you can take confidence from that. Obviously though in this day and age you want to reduce the risk and take precautions as you are aware of the consequences of failure. I will not be using a tree, so haven't looked into that specifically I'm afraid. Full and partial hanging is often put into the same general bag with statistics, but full suspension mortality (if all holds and some would be hero doesn't stop you) is yes, 100%. Which, imo, makes it as good as any other method, and better than most. Partial is a risk I wouldn't take.

AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
The above poster is just scaremongering or ignorant. What you say is exactly right and is why it's the the most popular method worldwide. If so many millions have succeeded with little to no research and most likely poor knots / ligatures/ anchors, the you can take confidence from that. Obviously though in this day and age you want to reduce the risk and take precautions as you are aware of the consequences of failure. I will not be using a tree, so haven't looked into that specifically I'm afraid. Full and partial hanging is often put into the same general bag with statistics, but full suspension mortality (if all holds and some would be hero doesn't stop you) is yes, 100%. Which, imo, makes it as good as any other method, and better than most. Partial is a risk I wouldn't take.
I appreciate the reassurance. thank you. I am fully aware of the risks and working to do my due diligence as much as possible to avoid failure!

I wish I didn't have to use a tree. it seems so isolating dying out in the forest like that but I have no suitable anchor points elsewhere. and I am adamant about not further traumatising my mum by making her find me.

• Hugs
Reactions: scorchie and CW36
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Why is hanging unreliable, exactly? I mean, i understand that you can fall out of the noose in partial hanging but for full suspension it isn't unreliable at all - there is no chance of survival.

Reactions: AllFoxedOut and CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I appreciate the reassurance. thank you. I am fully aware of the risks and working to do my due diligence as much as possible to avoid failure!

I wish I didn't have to use a tree. it seems so isolating dying out in the forest like that but I have no suitable anchor points elsewhere. and I am adamant about not further traumatising my mum by making her find me.
No worries & 👍🏼 for due diligence.
Well it does have benefits as you say. You'll no doubt be found by a stranger and you'll pass in the purity of nature.
Why is hanging unreliable, exactly? I mean, i understand that you can fall out of the noose in partial hanging but for full suspension it isn't unreliable at all - there is no chance of survival.
I think they're just looking for a reaction. That or they're misinformed.

• Love
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
I'm not scaremongering. I have no idea where you got that from. I just don't really have faith in hanging. But if they want to do it then by all means.
I heard you can be there for hours screaming in pain. If you really have faith in it then by all means.

I think it's hard to do tbh. I've heard of people that can be there for hours and never die. That's all I'm saying. But if you have faith in it then by all means. I just was trying to be nice and I gave a link to how to hang yourself because I see you've been here for months with nobody answering your question and apparently I'm "scaremongering." Weird man.

CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
''I heard you can be there for hours screaming in pain. If you really have faith in it then by all means.''

What utter nonsense. A, anyone who attempts full hanging will not be conscious longer than say 3 minutes max. Usually less than thirty seconds. And B, have you tried screaming whilst the weight of your entire body is giving out to gravity? Not one case of anyone lasting an hour, let alone hours, has been documented in England's history of judicial suspension hanging. But yeah, you're not scaremongering..

Reactions: corazon and scorchie
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
''I heard you can be there for hours screaming in pain. If you really have faith in it then by all means.''

What utter nonsense. A, anyone who attempts full hanging will not be conscious longer than say 3 minutes max. Usually less than thirty seconds. And B, have you tried screaming whilst the weight of your entire body is giving out to gravity? Not one case of anyone lasting an hour, let alone hours, has been documented in England's history of judicial suspension hanging. But yeah, you're not scaremongering..
This is something I heard here dude. I barely know anything about hanging I was just sharing something I read here once. You need to fucking relax. I even gave a link to the hanging thread. Look go on and do it if you think it's so easy. "Utter nonsense." Look man I got too much going on today to let you ruin my mood.

Apparently I'm just" looking for a reaction." I didn't even come on here with any kind of intent whatsoever. In fact I literally said I came here out of sympathy for the poster.
I just was trying to be nice and I gave a link to how to hang yourself because I see you've been here for months with nobody answering your question

Stop assuming thing about me when you don't even know me, dude. Anyways I suggest we drop this and move on.

Last edited:
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
This is something I heard here dude. I barely know anything about hanging I was just sharing something I read here once. You need to fucking relax. I even gave a link to the hanging thread. Look go on and do it if you think it's so easy. "Utter nonsense." Look man I got too much going on today to let you ruin my mood.

Apparently I'm just" looking for a reaction." I didn't even come on here with any kind of intent whatsoever. In fact I literally said I came here out of sympathy for the poster.

Stop assuming thing about me when you don't even know me, dude. Anyways I suggest we drop this and move on.
The point is that this information is wrong and you are spreading it around, scaring suicidal people who are already suffering a lot.

Don't say something about methods without being sure what you're talking about.
Look go on and do it if you think it's so easy
??

Last edited:
U

ultrasharpy123456

Wizard
Aug 18, 2022
The point is that this information is wrong and you are spreading it around, scaring suicidal people who are already suffering a lot.

Don't say something about methods without being sure what you're talking about.

??
Ok then I won't. I didn't even think that comment would've meant much honestly. The main point was the hanging thread that I linked. Like I said, I only came here out of pity for the OP. But if it's gonna cause this much trouble then I'm not gonna say anything.

And the "??" you're giving me is because I was tired of that guy being rude to me. It got annoying so I got pissed off.

Now let's move on.

Last edited: