• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
This is rather a common method. Question: are closet racks strong? Is standing better than sitting down? From what I've seen most people are either standing up and manage to lean down and let gravity do its job, or are doing moreso a full suspension. In my case the rack is about my same height so I'm wondering if the chair is necessary or standing up will be just fine? Imma do trials of course.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, TheGoodGuy and Wolfjob_dayjob
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
This is rather a common method. Question: are closet racks strong? Is standing better than sitting down? From what I've seen most people are either standing up and manage to lean down and let gravity do its job, or are doing moreso a full suspension. In my case the rack is about my same height so I'm wondering if the chair is necessary or standing up will be just fine? Imma do trials of course.
Glad you made this thread because I was wondering the same thing, I tried pulling down on the closet racks and it seems pretty strong but I am not sure if it can handle partial hanging even though I only weight like 55kg.

I have also thought of maybe try it out but I don´t want to destroy the closet rack then I would have no place for my close and would be hard to explain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Marz
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Theres many closet racks that arent sturdy and of metal or steel material or whatever. Many people have wooden closet racks which i feel would just break very easily with body weight. Anything other than like wooden closet racks should work. And imo a chair wouldnt hurt. But def try trial runs if the material seems fine to actually run a couple trials by.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Theres many closet racks that arent sturdy and of metal or steel material or whatever. Many people have wooden closet racks which i feel would just break very easily with body weight. Anything other than like wooden closet racks should work. And imo a chair wouldnt hurt. But def try trial runs if the material seems fine to actually run a couple trials by.
Mine is actually metal rack in a plastic holder.

Just do it a test?
The thing is if we do a test and it breaks then what? I am not handy I can´t fix it myself.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Jen Erik
Jen Erik

Jen Erik

-
Oct 12, 2018
The thing is if we do a test and it breaks then what? I am not handy I can´t fix it myself.
Imagine not doing a test, though, and it breaks before death occurs and oops... life in a vegetative state.

• Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Quinlor, Marz and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Imagine not doing a test, though, and it breaks before death occurs and oops... life in a vegetative state.
Yeah I if I would choose this method I WOULD definitely test it because even if i hold till we pass out but maybe breaks after 7-10 minutes it would result in a life in a vegetative state.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Jen Erik
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
Even if you test it to hold your weight, you must consider that your body will be convulsing. So there is also that chance the rod will break with all the thrashing going on.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Marz and TheGoodGuy
Marz

Marz

À PEU PRÈS
Aug 3, 2018
The rack in the closet seems to be metal but it's bending from all the clothes it's holding. But that's why I'm wondering if I took all the weight off, would that equal at least enough to suppress the carotids? So yeah I need to test it. My other option is another rack in another part of the closet that's more stable but it has compartments underneth, so I'd need to do partial kneeling down definetely.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and TheGoodGuy
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
Definitely it's always necessary test your rope and the spot before hanging. My belt for instance began to rip...
10910 10911