• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I have the money and know I am legally able to obtain a gun, but my anxiety is severely getting in the way. It's not even really rational, but I'd have to sneak out of the house to get it & I'm so stressed that something would go wrong with the bg check that delays me being able to leave the store with the gun. Theoretically the bg check should come back clean within an hour, but I know ppl in my area have had NICS fuck up & the check doesn't come through for a few days. And if that happens everything is fucked up bc I really only have the one shot at sneaking out & I'll have to ctb before anyone figures out where I've gone

Reactions: nohopeforrope, downagain, Kusogaki and 1 other person
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Hmmmm. Sounds pretty simple to me really. If you don't go to the gun store, and undergo the subsequent background check, you don't get the gun at all, never. So, the only way to get the gun is by taking the chance to go to the gun store, undergo the background check, and see what happens. You have no control over what happens with the background check. That will be whatever it is. You can only control whethet you go there at all. If intent on using a gun, seems like there is only one option, at least to me. Maybe a gun isn't the best choice for you, since your hesitant about doing what you need to do to get one. There are plenty of other options, if so. Do you know about guns? How to safely use them? What it entails to use one successfully for a ctb? What's the best one for a ctb? Best ammo? Ever use a firearm previously?

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, Kusogaki and iloverachel
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I'm pretty knowledgeable about guns, mostly handguns, which is why I'm open to it as an option. I have my ideal caliber picked out & actually own guns, but they've been locked up in a safe I can't access. I'm not deadset on it and would be open to other methods, but it just seems like the most reliable method I have any feasible chance of obtaining with my living situation. Which is why the idea of it getting messed up is so stressful. I'm already under basically 24 hour watch at home due to past attempts, so if I ended up not being able to walk away same day with one that would be one of my last ways out down the drain. Showing back up after disappearing for the day could also get me involuntarily committed, and then I would no longer be able to purchase one in the future and would have to go through the psych ward again

Reactions: Forveleth and iloverachel
S

suffering_mo_7

Student
May 8, 2024
I have the money and know I am legally able to obtain a gun, but my anxiety is severely getting in the way. It's not even really rational, but I'd have to sneak out of the house to get it & I'm so stressed that something would go wrong with the bg check that delays me being able to leave the store with the gun. Theoretically the bg check should come back clean within an hour, but I know ppl in my area have had NICS fuck up & the check doesn't come through for a few days. And if that happens everything is fucked up bc I really only have the one shot at sneaking out & I'll have to ctb before anyone figures out where I've gone
Some things I have learned, if you are a person who is seen as a threat to yourself and you "sneak away"....1) They will put an alert out, possibly even on TV. 2) The police have drones that can find you if you are on foot. 3) If you use a car, they have license plate readers. They can put plate#s in and your plates could be read if there's an LPR. They can get to you quite quickly once those come up as a hit. These are becoming quite common now.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Some things I have learned, if you are a person who is seen as a threat to yourself and you "sneak away"....1) They will put an alert out, possibly even on TV. 2) The police have drones that can find you if you are on foot. 3) If you use a car, they have license plate readers. They can put plate#s in and your plates could be read if there's an LPR. They can get to you quite quickly once those come up as a hit. These are becoming quite common now.
I'm not in any legal trouble yet & my attempts wouldn't be on my record, so as long as it seems like I left of my own volition, I wouldn't be able to be reported as a missing person in my area for 24 hours. I also am unable to drive, which is one of the main factors complicating being able to leave

S

suffering_mo_7

Student
May 8, 2024
I'm not in any legal trouble yet & my attempts wouldn't be on my record, so as long as it seems like I left of my own volition, I wouldn't be able to be reported as a missing person in my area for 24 hours. I also am unable to drive, which is one of the main factors complicating being able to leave
I'm in the US and found out that the 24 hour thing isn't true here. If your loved ones say you are a threat with mental health issues, that's all it takes. But it may be different in other places. Just thought I would give you a heads up and some things to think about/research.

Reactions: Forveleth and ferrie
nohopeforrope

nohopeforrope

Jun 5, 2024
Here in my country take more than 3 months just for the license and then another month to deliver the gun. The process is not expensive at all an the gun can be paid using credit card, if you have anxiety just an hour it's quite possible that you'll not CTB when you'll have the gun. What kills me (sorry for the pun) is the 4 months and then regret it and lose the money. But 1 hour is a bless.

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
Here in my country take more than 3 months just for the license and then another month to deliver the gun. The process is not expensive at all an the gun can be paid using credit card, if you have anxiety just an hour it's quite possible that you'll not CTB when you'll have the gun. What kills me (sorry for the pun) is the 4 months and then regret it and lose the money. But 1 hour is a bless.
I know I'm definitely lucky to have the access that I do to methods, but the anxiety was that it wouldn't take an hour. An hour is the average for the background check to clear, but that's not a guarantee. If it takes more than that hour, it would likely take three days to a week which would ruin the entire thing in my circumstances. I'm not only constrained by legalities, my situation is really complicated. This post is also like three weeks old so šŸ˜…