Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
C o n f e s s i o n # 1 :

It's hard to live with my religious parents, especially when I've finally been found out to be really fucked up. All these depression, anxiety, bpd, and bipolar sht gave them more reason to shove their doctrines down my throat. They see every manic attacks and panic attacks as an opportunity to slap me with their "holy" verses like I never lived my whole life hearing those. It's tiring. I've been tossed around people saying I only need Him to know where I am going. People didn't even realize that I believe in Him but not in the way they are trying to make me. They never knew how frustrating it is to force their beliefs to someone who has their own set of beliefs too.

So, I took up the course. Just to understand myself, at least. I heard they can help. Unfortunate me, no one helped. Or maybe because I'm just starting, but i don't think I can ever wait to finish and become one for myself. I don't think I ever want to become one. That's why I secretly doubt the suicide hotlines will help. That the next psychiatrist will be different. I started to deem that the world is fucked up by itself to understand another kind of fucked up. The cycle is tiring.

So, maybe I really am ungrateful. Hypocrite; a disgrace to this path I've chosen, even. I'll take that.

People told me I never asked for help but I did. I did. Looking for it made it worse, however.

• Hugs
Reactions: swaraj, jar-baby, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Neuromancer

Neuromancer

Dystopian
Jun 30, 2023
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Starfire. My parents are considerably older than me and want me to their follow their belief.. The result? A recluse person, who have strong problems dealing with opposite sex. I hope we both achieve peace at solitude.

• Aww..
Reactions: swaraj and Starfire
Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Starfire. My parents are considerably older than me and want me to their follow their belief.. The result? A recluse person, who have strong problems dealing with opposite sex. I hope we both achieve peace at solitude.
I'm sorry you had to deal with that as well. It sucks how our parents force us into things without considering how we might feel about it, which results to us turning into the opposite at the end. I guess breaking the cycle is up to us now. I wish you better circumstances :>

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through that. Religious parents are the worst when they want to force their believes onto their children and when they believe that religion can "heal problems in life" That's just BS. I hope you can escape somehow.

• Love
Reactions: swaraj and Starfire
Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
I'm sorry you have to go through that. Religious parents are the worst when they want to force their believes onto their children and when they believe that religion can "heal problems in life" That's just BS. I hope you can escape somehow.
Thank you sm! It's sad how I just got used to it already to the point that I actually believed I was the one in the wrong. But I know better now for sure.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
F

Flavia_Strigoi

Sep 14, 2023
C o n f e s s i o n # 1 :

It's hard to live with my religious parents, especially when I've finally been found out to be really fucked up. All these depression, anxiety, bpd, and bipolar sht gave them more reason to shove their doctrines down my throat. They see every manic attacks and panic attacks as an opportunity to slap me with their "holy" verses like I never lived my whole life hearing those. It's tiring. I've been tossed around people saying I only need Him to know where I am going. People didn't even realize that I believe in Him but not in the way they are trying to make me. They never knew how frustrating it is to force their beliefs to someone who has their own set of beliefs too.

So, I took up the course. Just to understand myself, at least. I heard they can help. Unfortunate me, no one helped. Or maybe because I'm just starting, but i don't think I can ever wait to finish and become one for myself. I don't think I ever want to become one. That's why I secretly doubt the suicide hotlines will help. That the next psychiatrist will be different. I started to deem that the world is fucked up by itself to understand another kind of fucked up. The cycle is tiring.

So, maybe I really am ungrateful. Hypocrite; a disgrace to this path I've chosen, even. I'll take that.

People told me I never asked for help but I did. I did. Looking for it made it worse, however.
I'm in a similar situation with my family and from what I've noticed personally, people like them always say you should ask for help but when you do, instead of helping they just start berating you and judging. It's honestly kind of weird when I think about it.
I had a really bad moment once and broke down and my dad told me that I should only cry in front of G-d and started preaching to me.Now I only cry when I'm completely alone, out of fear.
I don't think they(religious people in general) say you should ask for help because they believe it will change something but because they want a chance to appear as the good Samaritan by "helping" you. This is just my experience and opinion though.

Starfire

Starfire

just here to vent
Nov 3, 2020
I'm in a similar situation with my family and from what I've noticed personally, people like them always say you should ask for help but when you do, instead of helping they just start berating you and judging. It's honestly kind of weird when I think about it.
I had a really bad moment once and broke down and my dad told me that I should only cry in front of G-d and started preaching to me.Now I only cry when I'm completely alone, out of fear.
I don't think they(religious people in general) say you should ask for help because they believe it will change something but because they want a chance to appear as the good Samaritan by "helping" you. This is just my experience and opinion thou

I don't think they(religious people in general) say you should ask for help because they believe it will change something but because they want a chance to appear as the good Samaritan by "helping" you. This is just my experience and opinion though.
I'm sorry you had to go through similar situation. And I agree, most of the time they "help" not because they genuinely want to make you feel better but rather to patronize us and make themselves feel better instead. Somehow they feel satisfaction into thinking they were actually the ones who change your situation for the better. It didn't tho. It only made it worse by making you feel it's your fault you're in that situation.

• Hugs
Reactions: Flavia_Strigoi