TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Instead of just admitting that the Coronavirus has fucked up a lot of people's lives and are miserable as a result, they instead go into bullying and persecution mode. I suppose the state doesn't want to lose their workers or people who can contribute to the system. But hey, it's easier to just be on the look out for people expressing certain mental health symptoms instead of just acknowledging that life sucks, the stupid pandemic made things much worse right? (rhetorical question)

I just wished they would acknowledge that life will suck no matter what and instead of addressing the symptoms from it, just accept that not everyone is set out to live. Instead, what they did is make a list of everything to watch out for and want to control how people react to pandemics and such. Then if people fall into one of those categories or show those symptoms, instead of taking the person's claims, complaints, and grievances seriously (even as a result of this pandemic and other social consequences), they ignore and dismiss them, and just treat them like some patient or diagnosis. I just don't see what's wrong with treating the situationally depressed people like "humans" instead of animals or problems to fix.

I think there will likely be an increase in suicides and it wouldn't surprise me if the CDC site had some suicide prevention rhetoric and/or hotlines plastered on there. So far, they just have SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) information out there. Then again SAMHSA is like a parent organization to the dreadful, suicide prevention hotline. Ugh. :angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, 262653, BabyYoda and 2 others
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
I don't think life sucks for everybody. Certainly, mine didn't suck before. A thing that a problem with mental health is that governments don't pay enough attention to it, they/we only care about physical health, we tend to consider people with mental health issues like weak people, not actual ill people. Nevertheless, mental illnesses are real, so, a cultural change is needed to make societay aware of a problema that can make your life miserable.

There are a lot of people that could benefit form proper mental healthcare, sadly very often this care is not providade, even in countries with strong national health systems like Spain.

Of course, there are also rational CTBs that have nothing to do with mental health. I'm not saying that a mentally ill person should or shouldn't CTB, but I do say that the decision has always to incorporate a rational component

Reactions: Buffy5120, autumnal, Ame and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
@Notabadguy Interesting, I did not know that even in Spain, the medical care is still lacking in mental health and what not. If I recall, they don't happen to have euthanasia (until recently)? So far, I've seen this article about efforts to allow assisted suicide to be legal in the country.

As far as people being rational, I agree with you. There should some component of rationality and careful thought before immediately making a (perhaps rash or impulsive) decision to CTB. I'm still pro-choice but I do hope that people who make those decisions have thought out all the potential consequences as well as all the costs and benefits of staying alive vs CTB'ing.

Last edited:
Notabadguy

Notabadguy

Mage
Feb 7, 2020
@Notabadguy Interesting, I did not know that even in Spain, the medical care is still lacking in mental health and what not. If I recall, they don't happen to have euthanasia (until recently)? So far, I've seen this article about efforts to allow assisted suicide to be legal in the country.

As far as people being rational, I agree with you. There should some component of rationality and careful thought before immediately making a (perhaps rash or impulsive) decision to CTB. I'm still pro-choice but I do hope that people who make those decisions have thought out all the potential consequences as well as all the costs and benefits of staying alive vs CTB'ing.
Yeah, before coronavirus it was intendended by the new government to promote a law to legalize euthanasia. But don't get excited over it, only for very sick people.

TAW122

TAW122

Aug 30, 2018
Yeah, before coronavirus it was intendended by the new government to promote a law to legalize euthanasia. But don't get excited over it, only for very sick people.
True, and also I live in the US and only about 10 states have death with dignity laws, which are even more limited than that of Belgium, Switzerland, and Netherlands as those states including the capitol (HI, VT, ME, MT, CA, OR, WA, CO, NJ, Washington D.C.) have it where one has to be terminally ill, with less than 6 months to live, and even then, self-administered (you have to be sick and ill enough to qualify but not too sick/ill that you won't have the physical or mental capacity to carry out your own deliverance). While those states have made progress on the right to die, so much more has yet to be done and likely we won't see many more states legalize it anytime soon (might be many years or decades even).