IJustWantToTalk

IJustWantToTalk

That one bi kid in the friend group
Mar 3, 2023
Still live with my parents. They found out I'm bi and told the entire extended family. News has spread like wildfire. This has done wonders improving my mental health. Honestly, I think that all of my depression is gone because of this.

Jk, get pranked. Everything sucks. Everyone in my family are devout mormons. I'm scared to check the family groupchat. I disabled all notifications from it until I'm ready to witness the carnage.

I ended up walking over to a bridge that's near our house. I contemplated just diving head first into the cement, but in the end I couldn't do it. This is my 3rd time messing it up and the second time it'd been that I'm to much of a pussy. It's all just so frustrating.

I wish I could muster up that courage to end it, but my first attempt I tried to OD and I was saved. My past 2 attempts have ended with me chickening out, I'm not ready for the pain I felt again.

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk. I just really needed to get this off my chest and I can't tell anyone in my life because then I'll just get put back in the psych ward.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Shivali, sleepyturtle and 5 others
Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
Jesus Christ, that's awful! Nobody deserves to be outed to everyone like that, least of all by their own family. As a gay man myself, I get it.

Is there anyone at all in your family or your social group who can have your back on this? Or are you totally isolated?

Reactions: IJustWantToTalk and sleepyturtle
IJustWantToTalk

IJustWantToTalk

Mar 3, 2023
I got an online friend and my boyfriend. Other than that, no one.
Jesus Christ, that's awful! Nobody deserves to be outed to everyone like that, least of all by their own family. As a gay man myself, I get it.

Is there anyone at all in your family or your social group who can have your back on this? Or are you totally isolated?
I got an online friend and my boyfriend. Other than that, no one.

Seven Threads

Seven Threads

Iterator
Mar 5, 2023
I'm sorry. Being isolated among people who can't accept your values or lifestyle is awful. I'd lean on that friend and boyfriend pretty heavily over the next few days, and if you're able keep them informed about your family situation. And I'm sure most of the folks here will be more than happy to share in your frustrations, if nothing else.

In a seriousness, why on earth did your parents out you to the rest of the family? Did they say? It seems like a extremely callous and irresponsible move, especially if they already know you have mental health difficulties (I'm assuming they do from your tone earlier, but if they don't, by all means correct me).

Reactions: IJustWantToTalk, sleepyturtle and looking_for_peace
looking_for_peace

looking_for_peace

Student
Dec 4, 2022
I hope you are in a safe situation and that the dust settles. You deserve unconditional love from your family.

mistake22

mistake22

Feb 28, 2023
Im gay too. I'd be destroyed by my family like a bunch of wolves tearing a sheep apart I definitely have a heavy heart for you man. I really hope things get better.

Reactions: IJustWantToTalk
IJustWantToTalk

IJustWantToTalk

Mar 3, 2023
I'm sorry. Being isolated among people who can't accept your values or lifestyle is awful. I'd lean on that friend and boyfriend pretty heavily over the next few days, and if you're able keep them informed about your family situation. And I'm sure most of the folks here will be more than happy to share in your frustrations, if nothing else.

In a seriousness, why on earth did your parents out you to the rest of the family? Did they say? It seems like a extremely callous and irresponsible move, especially if they already know you have mental health difficulties (I'm assuming they do from your tone earlier, but if they don't, by all means correct me).
They do know. I don't know why they chose to do this, I just can't wait to have enough money to get the hell out of this house.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
They do know. I don't know why they chose to do this, I just can't wait to have enough money to get the hell out of this house.
That time will come and they'll hopefully realize what was at stake all along. And if they don't, then they won't get to define your terms any more. I can empathize you as something similar happened to me (not a family situation though). It's a terrible feeling!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like such a cruel thing to do, some people really can be so insensitive. I don't really think that OD is recommended for a reliable ctb method though. But anyway I wish you the best and I hope that you don't end up in any horrific psych wards.

Reactions: IJustWantToTalk and Rogue Proxy
AngryDog

AngryDog

Mar 2, 2023
Well that sucks. It's good that you are aware that the problem relies in your parents' lack of support. I'd save enough money and get the fuck out of that house.

You are not a pussy for not jumping from the bridge. Things might seem unbearable at times, but remember that it's the environment your are in that is very toxic, not you. You need to stay strong now more than ever. Don't give up.

Reactions: IJustWantToTalk