G

goldengatebridgegal

Jun 16, 2022
Anyone here from San Fransisco? Or know anything about sucessful CTB via bridge jumps? I have some questions Im hoping you can answer.

I have always felt like the most preferrable way for me to go is via the Golden Gate Bridge, and as I get closer and more serious about following through, Im wondering how viable the GGB would be...

I visited SF last year and in my awe of the bridge did some research about it, and came across the disappointing news that they are building nets on the bridge, set to be complete in 2023... Has anyone been to the GGB recently and seen these nets? Are they complete? Do they span the entire bridge or just certain parts of it?

Also... does anyone know if there is a certain area of the bridge that is preferrable to jump from? Any advice on how to go under the radar so that I dont get picked up by 12 and get 5150'd? Anything I should think about or thoughts you have about this method of CTB? Any alternative bridge jumps that would accomplish the same outcome?

Looking for thoughts and insight... anything is welcome (aside from judgement of course)

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking, mousepadkeyboard223 and TimetoGo!
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Anyone here from San Fransisco? Or know anything about sucessful CTB via bridge jumps? I have some questions Im hoping you can answer.

I have always felt like the most preferrable way for me to go is via the Golden Gate Bridge, and as I get closer and more serious about following through, Im wondering how viable the GGB would be...

I visited SF last year and in my awe of the bridge did some research about it, and came across the disappointing news that they are building nets on the bridge, set to be complete in 2023... Has anyone been to the GGB recently and seen these nets? Are they complete? Do they span the entire bridge or just certain parts of it?

Also... does anyone know if there is a certain area of the bridge that is preferrable to jump from? Any advice on how to go under the radar so that I dont get picked up by 12 and get 5150'd? Anything I should think about or thoughts you have about this method of CTB? Any alternative bridge jumps that would accomplish the same outcome?

Looking for thoughts and insight... anything is welcome (aside from judgement of course)
I've always found it bizarre that so many attempts are carried out on the GGB. Surely just hitting water when you land gives a huge chance of survival? Or am I missing something?
I've always found it bizarre that so many attempts are carried out on the GGB. Surely just hitting water when you land gives a huge chance of survival? Or am I missing something?
1700 people have died there since 1943…..thats crazy. (+300 unconfirmed as well)
Suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge constitutes a good chance of success, a 98% success rate to be exact. In four seconds, it is all over. During the four seconds fall, the body will travel the 240-250 feet at 75-80 mph, ending with a bone shattering impact of 15,000 pounds per square inch.

Just been reading this….mental

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: thankyou, outrider567, thecolourgold and 4 others
I

iwanttodie1

Jun 15, 2022
Why not pick a place with no security

Reactions: Suicidе, goldengatebridgegal and mousepadkeyboard223
YuckyDucky

YuckyDucky

Dec 10, 2021

1700 people have died there since 1943…..thats crazy. (+300 unconfirmed as well)
Suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge constitutes a good chance of success, a 98% success rate to be exact. In four seconds, it is all over. During the four seconds fall, the body will travel the 240-250 feet at 75-80 mph, ending with a bone shattering impact of 15,000 pounds per square inch.

Just been reading this….mental
If you time it when the tide is flowing out of the bay into the ocean your body will never be found or recovered even if someone sees you go in and responds immediately. And if you're one of the unlucky 2%, the current would push you many miles offshore very quickly, an effective built in backup.

Reactions: prone2fury, thankyou, TimetoGo! and 4 others
M

mousepadkeyboard223

Dec 24, 2022
just 3 weeks ago a 16 yr old boy died by jumping from the GGB under daylight (4:58p.m.), and apparently even though people heard the splash and alerted the coast guard, their 2 hr search for the boy was unsucessful. so as YuckyDucky was saying this 5pm may be a time where the tide is ideal

a website for forecasting the san francisco tide may help: https://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/San-Francisco-California/tides/latest

two more things:
1. apparently 80% of the net's steel portion (most of the net) was done in 2019. so today it's definitely nearly done, but if you're willing to jump down to the net and jump again then it might still work, although you'll have to endure pretty sharp pain (the main deterring factor) from the 20ft drop.

2. in the very small chance that you surivive the drop you'll want to consider enduring hypothermia or drowning

a decent image for some perspective on the drop

• Informative
Reactions: prone2fury, thecolourgold, Wannagonow and 5 others
G

goldengatebridgegal

Jun 16, 2022
Why not pick a place with no security
I have definitely thought about this aspect and the fact that the GGB is practically swarmed by cops and tourists. I guess theres something for me about being able to see the ocean when I go. Im not opposed to other bridges that have less traffic, just feel that this one would be a beautiful last sight...

S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
They patrol that bridge specifically looking for possible jumpers. Looking at some of the walking tour vids, it doesn't look like the easiest to scale. Being less than 2 miles long, there's only a relatively short portion that's directly over water without some type of terrain underneath.

In any event, I'd pull out my phone and pretend to be filming or face-timing someone so I could blend in. Maybe dress like a tourist with a fanny pack or a back pack on.

An online article says the east sidewalk is where most jumps occur.

Reactions: TimetoGo! and goldengatebridgegal
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Didn't they put a suicide net up recently?

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Most dont die instantly. Many break their bones and drown deep below. There are sharks sometimes too. Stop romanticizing it

Reactions: SpiderLink
Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
Most dont die instantly. Many break their bones and drown deep below. There are sharks sometimes too. Stop romanticizing it

Why would a suicidal person care about any of that? Also do you know what site you're on? CTB is romanticized on here all the time.

• Love
Reactions: bridgegirl, xBrialesana, goldengatebridgegal and 6 others
L

Lucilius

Student
Feb 15, 2021
Swimming into the ocean until you are too tired to swim back seems like a better option.

T

Tuurngait

May 4, 2023
Why would a suicidal person care about any of that? Also do you know what site you're on? CTB is romanticized on here all the time.
To be fair, I think a lot of people are looking for as painless and fear-less ways out as possible, which jumping has a decent chance of not being.
Although, yeah, suicide is inherently romanticised by suicidal people - particularly on here. Not sure why they are shocked as to why people romanticise it.

Only thing I've ever found irritating is people romanticising getting cancer but that's off-topic.

Reactions: goldengatebridgegal and Hikikomori1
SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023

i highly recommend watching videos on kevin hines as he jumped off the bridge and survived, it will be very very painful if you survive. its like hitting pavement
they are saying it could be painful and there can be better options, watch videos on kevin hines he jumped off the bridge and survied

Hikikomori1

Hikikomori1

Experienced
Mar 27, 2023
they are saying it could be painful and there can be better options, watch videos on kevin hines he jumped off the bridge and survied

I have seen his videos before they are really good.

Reactions: SpiderLink
bridgeluvr626

bridgeluvr626

Oct 17, 2023
I wrote another post on this, but I live relatively close and saw that the suicide barrier is almost complete, but not quite, there's still sections where you can fall down into the water. Those may be closed up by the end of 2023 though. This method definitely stands out to me since there's almost no prep required and it's relatively "easy," especially with how hard the SN method is becoming, but something I've been thinking about is the fact that depiste the 98% death rate, I wonder how many people die/pass out on impact or just break everything and slowly drown to death or get eaten by sharks (I think someone mentioned that further up too lol), if anyone happens to know by any chance lol. That part does freak me out a bit.
Anyone else still considering the GGB?