almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Does anyone else here suffer from awful dreams night-by-night?

Recently, I have had some of the most haunting dreams of my life. In one, I was sitting on the (lost) love of my life's lap, kissing and whispering to him. In a split moment, my love then morphed into the form of my abusive uncle (who has physically attacked me in the past) who began raping me.

In another, just last night, I was hiding in the upper floor of some kind of lumber warehouse, cowering, whereupon this awful man found me pressed to the floor (in attempts to avoid his line of sight). He threw down a wad of bills at me, pronouncing that he now had the right to "make love" with me. I grasped the bills in my hand, sobbing into the untreated wood of the attic space floor, and held them up to him, declaring that I was paying him to shoot me in the head after he did the deed (apparently he was some kind of for-hire criminal). After that I woke up.

Sleeping in is usually my escape the the horrendous lonely monotony of life, but these terrible strings of dreams are making it hard to even appreciate my rest. They distress me horribly. Does anyone else here suffer from similarly-themed nightmares??

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, ArtsyDrawer, Elias and 3 others
N

Nothingfromsomething

Dec 1, 2019
those dreams sound awful I'll sorry you've been having dreams like that. I've had kinda similar bad dreams.

Much like you sleep greed to be a nice reprieve from pain add monotony of life for me, mostly because I often lucid dream and can control my actions/circumstances to a degree, but about a year ago or so I started losing some of that control and my dreams took a turn for the worst.

I'd often dream of fighting badguys/monsters, what would be a nightmare to most but read fun for me since I one I was safe and in charge. Dreams were almost like awesome video games! But then my dreams played tricks on me. In one I remember vividly I was holding a sledge hammer up above my head, ready to kill some criminal when right as i brought it down, the criminal turned into my wife. So I ended up exploding her head... Let's just say I didn't sleep for a while after that lol. Nearly ever night since then I've had bad dreams with most of then turning to my now ex wife leaving me, often because she was no longer interested or found another lover. The scary irony is my dreams morphed almost exactly into real life, a couple bad dream scenarios with her actually happened to me...

So now I can say my life is literally a nightmare! Lol it's not really funny but gotta find something to laugh at.

Reactions: almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
those dreams sound awful I'll sorry you've been having dreams like that. I've had kinda similar bad dreams.

Much like you sleep greed to be a nice reprieve from pain add monotony of life for me, mostly because I often lucid dream and can control my actions/circumstances to a degree, but about a year ago or so I started losing some of that control and my dreams took a turn for the worst.

I'd often dream of fighting badguys/monsters, what would be a nightmare to most but read fun for me since I one I was safe and in charge. Dreams were almost like awesome video games! But then my dreams played tricks on me. In one I remember vividly I was holding a sledge hammer up above my head, ready to kill some criminal when right as i brought it down, the criminal turned into my wife. So I ended up exploding her head... Let's just say I didn't sleep for a while after that lol. Nearly ever night since then I've had bad dreams with most of then turning to my now ex wife leaving me, often because she was no longer interested or found another lover. The scary irony is my dreams morphed almost exactly into real life, a couple bad dream scenarios with her actually happened to me...

So now I can say my life is literally a nightmare! Lol it's not really funny but gotta find something to laugh at.
I remember back in high school, an acquaintance of mine told me about lucid dreaming. I wanted to do it but never had any luck. Later on in life I "learned" about astral projecting (and it's potential dangers). At that point I was uninterested, where ever my average dreams took me, they took me, I figured. The friend in high school told me that when in a dream, there comes a point where you realize that you are dreaming and can then take control. I remember once having a dream where I was at a cross between a mall and a renaissance fair. I was talking to this gypsy woman... and in the middle of our conversation, I met her eyes and realized... that I was in a dream. I told her so while she retained eye contact with me and she replied, confidently, "no you're not," as if to imply that the dream was, in fact, another reality. I never forgot that particular dream, and remain conflicted about it.

Reactions: NitriteAnatomy
N

Nothingfromsomething

Dec 1, 2019
I remember back in high school, an acquaintance of mine told me about lucid dreaming. I wanted to do it but never had any luck. Later on in life I "learned" about astral projecting (and it's potential dangers). At that point I was uninterested, where ever my average dreams took me, they took me, I figured. The friend in high school told me that when in a dream, there comes a point where you realize that you are dreaming and can then take control. I remember once having a dream where I was at a cross between a mall and a renaissance fair. I was talking to this gypsy woman... and in the middle of our conversation, I met her eyes and realized... that I was in a dream. I told her so while she retained eye contact with me and she replied, confidently, "no you're not," as if to imply that the dream was, in fact, another reality. I never forgot that particular dream, and remain conflicted about it.

That's honestly as little creepy! I rarely bother telling those in my dreams that I know I'm dreaming as it's lead to bad things for me, I often wind up experiencing a dream within a dream (or more) if I do, and if that doesn't happen them my dreams just get sad as my dreams change to show me what could have been instead of what is. I haven't been able to lucid dream for a while now, but since everything went down hill for me, I think it's for the best,, I'm not sure why honestly but it feels like my controlling my dreams helped play a part in my life going wrong.

CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
Yes. They are terrible and seem to sap away any actual rest.

increasingly I've been waking up having near panic attacks because of my dreams.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape and almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Yes. They are terrible and seem to sap away any actual rest.

increasingly I've been waking up having near panic attacks because of my dreams.
I tend to wake up crying, or alternatively frozen in horror, and then find myself unable to do anything useful for the rest of the morning until I force myself to get ready for work. It really is an unrelenting cycle.

• Hugs
Reactions: CFLoser and Elias
E

Elias

Experienced
Mar 19, 2019
I have dreams so vivid that I can be scared of going to sleep for multiple days. My instinct is so scared of having horrible dreams that it keeps me awake. I wake up when racy heart, I cry, I'm a trembling mess and I just wish for non existence in these moments.

• Aww..
Reactions: Nothingfromsomething and almaranthine
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I tend to wake up crying, or alternatively frozen in horror, and then find myself unable to do anything useful for the rest of the morning until I force myself to get ready for work. It really is an unrelenting cycle.
I wonder if emdr eye movement tool would be effective for something like this. Basically u just watch an object move in different directions and listen to a sound from right to left but it mimics REM sleep only u are awake and thinking about the distressing dream and processing trauma. The EMDR lifted my grief from my abortions that was bothering me quite badly for a long time.

Last edited:
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Well i posted this one on here sum were but i put on here to :) most nights of late i bin dreaming that i am on fire and they people around me signing and darnsing having a jolly good time. Me other hand just happy that i am dieing and soon to just be a pile of ash arrrr happy dreams ;) LOL D

• Wow