sharky

sharky

Lost
Dec 15, 2021
Does anyone hate when people just disappear and ignore you? Now it even bothers me when it's with online people that I just talked to for a short time. Every time I'm overanalyzing what I did wrong. People nowadays just ghost other people for no reason. It's killing my self esteem real bad.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: browtflol, Cathy Ames, onlyanimalsaregood and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Its not always for no reason. I have messages I haven't responded to or I take a while responding to due to my mental health. I feel bad about it but I just have no idea what to say.

Reactions: browtflol, shush, Cathy Ames and 4 others
bleedthefreak

bleedthefreak

Mar 27, 2022
It's almost definitely not your fault. Conversations online are really low-commitment, it's unreasonable to expect people to maintain conversations that they start on a whim with people they don't really know. It's very unlikely to find someone you jive with enough to make sustained conversation worth it.

Just try not to take it personally - I recommend expecting every conversation to fall off, so that you're pleasantly surprised when one lasts.

Reactions: browtflol, shush and 710
sharky

sharky

Lost
Dec 15, 2021
It's almost definitely not your fault. Conversations online are really low-commitment, it's unreasonable to expect people to maintain conversations that they start on a whim with people they don't really know. It's very unlikely to find someone you jive with enough to make sustained conversation worth it.

Just try not to take it personally - I recommend expecting every conversation to fall off, so that you're pleasantly surprised when one lasts.
Yeah I always assume a conversation won't last more than 3 messages. It just annoys the hell out of me. People online also don't tend to put effort into a conversation. But I guess that's just the way it is

• Love
Reactions: browtflol, bleedthefreak and lili
bleedthefreak

bleedthefreak

Mar 27, 2022
Yeah I always assume a conversation won't last more than 3 messages. It just annoys the hell out of me. People online also don't tend to put effort into a conversation. But I guess that's just the way it is
Yeah it's a numbers game.

If you're looking for sustained conversations, I'd recommend checking forums geared toward finding friends. There are a couple of subreddits for that. Still a high failure rate, but at least the people there are actively looking for someone to talk to long-term.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Eventually everyone will disappear one day as life does not last forever. Sometimes people are busy with their lives and they get distracted. In general, people can often be unreliable and disappointing, it is just the way people are so the best thing to do is not have high expectations.

Reactions: Judy Garland and onlyanimalsaregood
D

DeprivedofLife666

Any other childfree people on here?
Mar 28, 2022
Me, but they expect me to ALWAYS respond back to them. I just kick people off of my Discord. It still hurts though.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
Does anyone hate when people just disappear and ignore you? Now it even bothers me when it's with online people that I just talked to for a short time. Every time I'm overanalyzing what I did wrong. People nowadays just ghost other people for no reason. It's killing my self esteem real bad.
Yes, I agree. Especially if there is some kind of relationship between the two. I think people have simply become cowards and it is easier (for them) to just disappear than to give the person an explanation but I think it is a very ugly attitude. I strongly condemn this attitude. Just because we have a screen in front of us, we cannot forget that there is a person on the other side with feelings. I have a motto which is this: don't do to others what you don't want them to do to you, and the world would be a much better place if people all followed that. In conclusion, people suck. I hate people.

Reactions: browtflol