I

ineedrope

Jan 19, 2022
I was talking to this girl for a few days that I met on this app. We exchanged a bunch of messages during a few day period. She started replying slow, and I left her one last msg saying if she wants to keep in contact lmk cause i was deleting the app. Didn't get a response so I just ended up blocking + getting off the app.

i'm not sure why but it really put me into a sad mood. I'm used to it but thought she wouldn't have minded being friends atleast.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, TheHatedOne, demuic and 4 others
PreussenBlueJay

PreussenBlueJay

Too short for Frederick William I’s Guards
Jan 18, 2022
It might be the case that she was contacting a bunch of people and settled on one with whom she would continue speaking and not bothering to notify the rest. She may also have been distracted or just not felt like starting the app. Sometimes I go days without talking to my friend because I just don't feel like launching the app we use, just feels like a lot of effort.

Reactions: demuic
Live Free or Die

Live Free or Die

A wise man can always be found alone.
Jan 12, 2022
Well, attractive women on dating sites get 50 messages an hour. Sometimes they turn off notifications so they can sleep or just not have their phone constantly going off.

Reactions: SuicidallyCurious, GenesAndEnvironment and demuic
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
Well, attractive women on dating sites get 50 messages an hour. Sometimes they turn off notifications so they can sleep or just not have their phone constantly going off.
This is true. Even a moderately attractive woman can't keep up with her messages. She may not even think just friends is an option because most men on dating sites are not down with just being friends. I have even had men get mad at me for looking for friends on dating sites even though the dating site has a drop-down menu option for you to put just friends on your profile. I also learned the hard way that some guys will tell you they are ok with just friends thinking they can change your mind later.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Journeytoletgo, Sanva and 2 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Unfortunately, ghosting has become a major problem on the internet. I have a feeling that most people don't want to put the effort into having a decent friendship/relationship anymore, they just want to move from person to person, just as a distraction, to get that rush. I've experienced this a looot on Reddit when I tried to make friends on and off for 6 years.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, SuicidallyCurious, PreussenBlueJay and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Some people can be very disappointing, I would prefer to have nothing to do with people at all. I can imagine it must be very depressing having to go through this, I'm sorry you are in this situation. I wish you the best.

Reactions: ThriveOrDie
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Unfortunately, ghosting has become a major problem on the internet. I have a feeling that most people don't want to put the effort into having a decent friendship/relationship anymore, they just want to move from person to person, just as a distraction, to get that rush. I've experienced this a looot on Reddit when I tried to make friends on and off for 6 years.
Yeh a ton of people look for the rush and I think it's human nature. I've been in this rush mood as of late which was normal for me before Covid but I put all that crap on hiatus until I got the vax .

I believe scientists did studies on people and animals that showed when new mates are introduced people rush. LTR with the same person does get so boring but going with different people also leaves one unfulfilled.

I don't like ghosting but I've done it also

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and TheHatedOne
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I think you're right. Have you made any friends on here?

Oblivion

Oblivion

Wizard
Aug 2, 2018
I've been ghosted all my life and i didn't even know it, girls talked to me only cause they felt sorry for me and wanted to be nice, i translated that into thinking that they're into me (yeh right) i reached a point where i was so delusional thinking that there 4 girls into me and i was beating my brain how to choose one, while always asking them on a date, they'd say they're busy or have something or have their period or tons of excuses, and this went for months, and i really believed these excuses like a fucking idiot.
It took me until 30 to realize what a really fucked up piece of shit was i and it was only mania and ADHD playing with my head, i went as far as buying them gift which of course couldn't give them cause i never saw them.

Few of them were cornered by me asking them constantly for dates out of pity and ofcourse that went horrible with me thinking its a real date while they're in a completely separate mindset.

I've had few gfs (no idea how or why) including one that was gorgeous and was madly in love with me, and i left her after 2 years for absolutely no reason, i still struggle until today to know why and i don't. i had a psycho girl fall in love with me too which went crazy and i ran away, i had an abusive relation with a girl who probably only wanted to have a large number of bfs, she was my first and i fell inlove with her, but she'd always emotionally abuse me, tell me details about how she cheated on me, sexual details, turning me on wildly and agreeing to meet, then going to meet her only for her not to show up and ghost me for hours, sometimes days and making up excuses, while she was fucking around with other guys.

The last time i went on a date was 3 years ago, this beautiful gorgeous perfect girl that, we met online and really had some chemistry, when i met her and i saw the magnificent beauty of her, i was a teenager once again, so intimated and nervous, i spent the date stopping myself from crying and wanting to go home, she was too perfect for me and i couldn't wait to get the fuck away from there, it was like something so sweet and a literal piece of shit next to it.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/atta...]=82092&hash=0bc9f323b2b9af3893535a64e2684fde

• Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers
I

ineedrope

Jan 19, 2022
Just happened again. Holy shit I am done. My heart hurts. Im gonna need some strong stuff to sleep tonight.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ThriveOrDie