T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I just realized today that I've sent maybe 10,000 applications out over the past year. This is to include companies that are within a 3 hour 1 way from me. Out of all of that, I only gotten 1 interview. And I didn't get the job.
Something to note is I have 4 degrees. I'm not saying what they are in to help protect my identity. But I will say when I gotten my first degree, all I was able to get is a job that literally paid $8 a week to be a janitor. This was about the time the market crashed. One of the jobs I got in between they fired me on my first day. To my guess they didn't like me or didn't need me.

Since then I tried a number of this to include but not limited to freelance, starting my own company, and things like youtube videos. None of it I found success in.

I have no friends, and never had any. While I have had sex, I never been in a romantic relationship. I'm mid 30s, and I'm really tired of it (to be honest, if I could I would be happy enough with just getting enough money to retire and craw into a hole.)

Is anyone else in a similar boat?

Luckily due to family I am not on the street. But idk how long that will be for. I started looking into selling ideas to companies for royalties. But I have serious doubt that will be anymore successful than anything else I did.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I'm sorry you are having such difficulty. It's a cruel world out there, especially now.

I was made redundant after 14 years. What pissed me off then about the job market was that it all seemed to be internet based and driven by employment agencies who didn't give a toss about finding you a job, just putting forward a quota to the employers.
You couldn't even actually see the identity or location of the company you were applying to. Ironically, many of the applications I made that got to interview where when the recruiter had left the employers identity in the advert by mistake and I applied direct to the employer.
Bloody middlemen.
Even the Job Centre was the same. Points you at their website that points you at the online adverts run by employment agencies. All to fuel an industry off middlemen.
The jobs I got all came from direct contact and application to known individuals, not agencies.

Reactions: blackballoon
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
You may omit some of your qualifications in your job hunting. Some companies or businesses may see you as over qualified. Being over qualified may make them think that you'll demand a higher wage or less willing to do menial tasks.

T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
The jobs I got all came from direct contact and application to known individuals, not agencies.

I tried this. An example is during my last degree someone who I let cheat of me promised me to help me get a job at their location. When it came time, they ghosted me.
A degree before then the director of the program said if I wanted a job when I was done, then I could have it. I emailed him, and he replied asking me to not contact him again.

You may omit some of your qualifications in your job hunting. Some companies or businesses may see you as over qualified. Being over qualified may make them think that you'll demand a higher wage or less willing to do menial tasks.

I had people, recruiters, and the school I went to help me with that.

At one point there was a job that was in computers. My mom use to work in the location, and I had hopes in getting it since she knew the people who ran it. They asked for network engineering, and never mentioned coding. Since I didn't get a reply I asked my mom to contact them to maybe push for something. She did and they told her that they were looking for a coder. She mentioned to them I coded and showed them personal projects I worked on. They agreed to interview me (the 1 place that actually did). When I sat down for it they asked only server admin questions. So the posting was for a network engineer, and had nothing about coding or server admin on it. They told my mom they wanted a coder and not a network engineer. They only asked me server admin questions. ya...

I mean this is about normal. For the janitor job, I went in for something 100% different. Not saying to help protect my identity.

Any case, I think what has caused it is a corrupt government mix with no one having the resources to make something better for themselves. Like I'm in the USA, and there is pretty much nothing out there to actually help you get a business off the ground. But there is plenty to keep them from taken off (limits and what not), and the only help you can get will come at a higher cost than what is worth (loans for example). IDK maybe I have something off about me or someone who I am related to kicked some old lady and gotten a curse. Who knows? But at the end of the day, I'm seriously doubting I can fix it because I tried every which away. And I tried to do things out of the norm. At this point I'm just tired of trying.
And the worse thing is. All I'm wanting is if I decide to keep living, I want to make sure when I get to retirement. I'm not having to work at a fast food place to pay the bills, or I'm able to eat a hamburger without worrying about the cost. Then again, if things keep up at this rate. I won't make it anyways.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: blackballoon, Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 1465