• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
What kind of OD could get me hospitalized for at least 2-3 days? I don't care about the permanent damage or after effects it can cause. Even tho I'd be glad if it's deadly, my main focus now is to get in a hospital because I'm dealing with a scary situation at home. I'm not very educated on overdose, I'm doing research as I'm posting this, so I do appreciate any help. I'm able to get a few prescription medicine but probably not enough to OD on them alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: SecretDissociation
neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐀 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™
May 24, 2023
This is a terrible solution to every problem I can think of. Just admit yourself to a psych ward and get a week away from whatever is bothering you, with an excuse. No one can argue it or stop you.

SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
Your best bet would be taking OTC painkillers over the course of some hours (if you can't find an antiemetic) then when the pain is excruciating you can admit yourself. But before doing that, what about admitting yourself on the guise that you feel like you can't keep yourself safe? Have you tried crisis hotlines? Are there any crisis wards where you can stay for a short while?

Sorry you've reached this point. Much love

• Love
Reactions: voidstar and kilowatt
kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
This is a terrible solution to every problem I can think of. Just admit yourself to a psych ward and get a week away from whatever is bothering you, with an excuse. No one can argue it or stop you.
Unfortunately, if it was that easy I probably wouldn't have asked for help here. I can assure you living in an abusive household has many ways to stop you. It is not my choice nor my wish to still live with my mother at 20, but I'm not stable enough to change that. Not only I don't want to seek help for my mental health but I couldn't even afford to. That's why I'm on this forum pretty much.

• Hugs
Reactions: neurotic
neurotic

neurotic

𝐈 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐀 𝐈'𝐦 𝐒𝐧 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 /// πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™
May 24, 2023
Unfortunately, if it was that easy I probably wouldn't have asked for help here. I can assure you living in an abusive household has many ways to stop you. It is not my choice nor my wish to still live with my mother at 20, but I'm not stable enough to change that. Not only I don't want to seek help for my mental health but I couldn't even afford to. That's why I'm on this forum pretty much.
Getting yourself in the hospital for a couple days is not even a temporary fix. I'm not trying to be mean to you, I genuinely understand the frustration and desperation you have to even consider such a reckless option, but a better option would be a psych ward meeting people who may face the same struggles, as well as time away from your family where they can't touch you. If you're worried about affording it, a hospital bill would be much worse. I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain at home, to not feel safe where you live.

kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
Your best bet would be taking OTC painkillers over the course of some hours (if you can't find an antiemetic) then when the pain is excruciating you can admit yourself. But before doing that, what about admitting yourself on the guise that you feel like you can't keep yourself safe? Have you tried crisis hotlines? Are there any crisis wards where you can stay for a short while?

Sorry you've reached this point. Much love
What quantity would be suitable for me to take? The drugs that I currently have on hand are paracetamol and metamizole, non-prescribed antiemetics but I can probably get my hands on a few more, together with some other painkillers that dont require a prescription. I have overdosed once before but I was caught early, so I'm unsure if my dosage would've been able to cause real damage.
Yes, I'm very aware paracetamol overdose is a stupid idea, yet I don't have many to pick and choose from.
Getting yourself in the hospital for a couple days is not even a temporary fix. I'm not trying to be mean to you, I genuinely understand the frustration and desperation you have to even consider such a reckless option, but a better option would be a psych ward meeting people who may face the same struggles, as well as time away from your family where they can't touch you. If you're worried about affording it, a hospital bill would be much worse. I'm so sorry you're going through so much pain at home, to not feel safe where you live.
I have health insurance. I may be making a horrible decision but I'm just going to face it if I know it'll help me get peace of mind. I really appreciate your intentions but as I said, I don't have the possibility to get any kind of them that isn't medical. I have been in a psych ward before, the only one within a 300km radius in fact, so repeating that experience would only make things worse. Some countries like mine just brush off mental struggles and who am I to protest.

Last edited:
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
You'd be trading one horrific environment for another possibly equal one at a psych or depending on which. If you've been to a psych ward before, then you know the trauma that follows from being raped of your Liberty and literally being put in a prison restrictive lockdown facility where you're treated as a specimen and are only permitted one blanket, a pillow if you're lucky, and a writing utensil if you're lucky. In the US you have the right to wear your own clothes, the right to cancel the rating utensil and that's it. The one I was at did not even have pillows and the temperature was freezing nobody could leave their rooms because the hallways were freezing even more and you couldn't take your bed sheet to wrap it around yourself in the hallways due to policy. You're forced to go to group sessions better like kindergarten and you will definitely be categorized and stigmatized depending on your behavior and or social status. The psychiatrists that work in these wards are usually tall mad scientist sociopaths. Ask yourself, who would want to work in a zoo of screaming and kicking loonies on a state minimum physician's wage when they could use their psychiatry license in addiction medicine or some other more big dollar residency / vacancy?

When you're committed to a psychiatric facility you will have lost all of your human and civil rights and you'll be subjugated to the dominion authority of attending psychiatrists and the facility staff half of which want to get out of there and the other half that enjoy inflicting maximum emotional damage on patients.

The ideal patient of all is especially with good insurance - if you've got decent insurance, they will pathologize you and get an administrative law judge to have you committed before at least 6 months. That's that's 6 months of roaming around a building with only a shitty TV with sitcoms. You will serve most of your time walking the holes aimlessly roaming, staring at the ceiling in your room, maybe you'll have a window.

Maybe better the devil you know than the devil you don't. If you do go to a facility make sure it's a really high-end one, and bring clothing and books if your parents are not going to be involved in anything, oh and in the US cell phones / tablets insight words are banned. You will have no internet access at all, zero. You'll have a 1990s looking phone that you'll be able to periodically use if you can remember anyone's number to call that's tied to the wall so you can't strangulate yourself with.