• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
Hello all! Glad to be writing my first post after a few days of lurking. Before I begin I just want to thank everyone. Mods/Admins and the users too. It feels so good to have finally found a place to express my feelings without consequence. When I try talking about my suicidal ideologies with my therapist their only advice is go to the loony bin again. And when I mention it to family/friends I only hurt their feelings. I'm at peace now knowing just how many of us are thinking what I'm thinking. Life or death, whatever ya'll choose I wish you the best.

Anyway after much deliberation I've decided firearms are probably the best way to CTB, at least for me. The only problem is acquiring one. I did some reading and found out that because of my past history with mental institutions I'm a "prohibited" person federally and may have lost my right to guns indefinitely. I've been involuntarily committed twice for past suicide attempts, both times an OD (would not recommend pills if anyone's thinking it). I never went to court or been ordered by a judge to go, I think both times a doctor made that decision. I was pretty f'ked up though so I don't know the specifics. If that makes a difference or not who made me go idk.

I guess my question to yall is this really something that comes up when they run the background check? Has anyone on here been committed or know someone who did and was still able to get a gun? I wanna just lie about it when I fill out the form and hope for the best. That's a felony though so I'm worried the cops are going to try and arrest me or something when I get denied lol.

Are gun shows a loophole in this? I live near some fair grounds where they're held quite frequently. I'm not quite sure yet if those are considered private sales or if its the same process as buying one in a store. This would be my only way of private sale I don't know a whole lot of shooters and the one's I do know damn well what I'm going to use it for lol.

There's also a gun range near me that rents out guns to those who don't have one. Everything from handguns all the way to belt-fed machine guns. It's awesome. I'm planning on ending it all there if I got to. This seems like a pretty ingenious way of acquiring what I need, fail-proof even. Get say a .357 MAG revolver or a 12 gauge shotgun, go to my lane, shoot targets for a half-hour or so, pop myself off real quick at the end. I don't think there'd be anything stopping me from this but if ya'll know better please let me know. I know this is a pretty shitty way of doing it. I'd ruin all the other shooters day at the range. Not to mention the fallout it would cause the store owner(s) and gun community. I'd love to blow my brains out nice n' peacefully in a park or something. Dead of night, overlooking a lake or some beautiful woodland scenery. Unfortunately someone stripped my god given right to do this, forever possibly. I wish I chose to shoot myself the first time. I rushed and chose the worst possible method and now I feel like I'm being punished for my stupidity. I didn't spend the months really planning on how to end my life like I am now. SIGSW really is a no brainer if you got access to it (no pun intended)

I'm in the U.S. (obviously) North Carolina to be specific. If that helps you guys answer any of my questions.

Reactions: AloneInCollege
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Lying on the form will definitely get you arrested. As long as the reporting was done correctly, they will have the information that you did time in a mental hospital. Gun shows are a collective of different sellers. Some are "professional" sellers and will have their Federal Firearms License and will be required to run a background check on you. Oftentimes, there will be "private" sellers there, also, who are not required to run background checks. Some of it depends on which state you live. If you live in Texas, gun laws are more liberal. If you live in New York or California, they're more stringent. I'm not sure what North Carolina laws are like. I'd say pretty liberal, but not sure. You can ask the sellers whether they're FFL or not.

U

UtopianElephant

Student
Nov 26, 2022
Sorry to read about your situation, bud.

For some reason, most people who don't know about the guns situation in America, seem convinced that pretty much anyone here can "get a gun", even when you tell them that there are significant restrictions. Even many Americans are like this, and only double down on their insistence that you can get a gun, because it's America and all that.

For what it is worth, my advice would be to not risk it by writing false info at any place that has a background search.

With gun ranges, reconsider the idea if they require two people to rent guns. Even if you can go to a range by yourself, think carefully and possibly reconsider the idea because it would be a stressful situation if there are others in close proximity.

Since you are in North Carolina, do you know of any friends or relatives in the rural parts of the state who are gun-friendly and would not mind selling you one?

Reactions: CantWait2D1E
Seiko

Seiko

"Nothing's gonna hurt you, baby."
Jul 9, 2021
Some states require private sales or transfers to be made at an FFL location, but NC isn't one of them. If you obtain one regardless of the legality, I think your thoughts about doing it on the range are 100% correct: it's unfair to those around you as well as you—you deserve a much better setting if you so happen to make the sovereign choice. Additionally, the RSO may catch on. There are other methods with the lethality and reliability of a firearm, but they are less instantaneous.