• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I plan to use Do It Later to send a future text to emergency services. I'm not certain, but does my text stay private while it is waiting to be sent? The app does not have access or monitor texts does it?
I know it maybe sounds like I'm being paranoid. But I really dont want police to show up before I'm gone.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I'm reading that some of these apps only remind you to send the text, but they don't actually send it for you....
I'll do some checking......

Are you on iphone or android ?

XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
I can't remember why I followed you but it was obviously something u said... do u have a min
U
I plan to use Do It Later to send a future text to emergency services. I'm not certain, but does my text stay private while it is waiting to be sent? The app does not have access or monitor texts does it?
I know it maybe sounds like I'm being paranoid. But I really dont want police to show up before I'm gone.
can send it to me I'll send it for u

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm reading that some of these apps only remind you to send the text, but they don't actually send it for you....
I'll do some checking......

Are you on iphone or android ?
I have Android. The app does send it for me. I've tested it. I have the text 911 option where I am. Just worried that having something like that in queue is risky. But maybe not...not sure how private these apps are.
I can't remember why I followed you but it was obviously something u said... do u have a min
U

can send it to me I'll send it for u
Thank you for offering! But I dont want to expose you or SS to any problems. The authorities would wonder how you knew etc. I want to keep everyone here safe and free from trouble. ❤

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: noctiva
XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
I have Android. The app does send it for me. I've tested it. I have the text 911 option where I am. Just worried that having something like that in queue is risky. But maybe not...not sure how private these apps are.

Thank you for offering! But dont want to expose you or SS to any problems. The authorities would wonder how you knew etc. I want to keep everyone here safe and free from trouble. ❤
Oh ya that's right. Ok but scan you wait first I want to ask something on private
I was unclear about the text but I forgot about that 911 app text thing. Wouldn't want them showing up over here in California. That would be a fail

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
Oh ya that's right. Ok but scan you wait first I want to ask something on private
I was unclear about the text but I forgot about that 911 app text thing. Wouldn't want them showing up over here in California. That would be a fail
Yes. You can pm me if you'd like.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Yes, a false alarm, those docs were from 2017 (or may only apply to iphone)

It seems fine....
From the FAQ :
Is my data safe?
Your data is absolutely safe! We'll never collect or read your messages.

Obviously this is based on "taking their word for it".
I believe the text msg is only stored locally on your phone until the time comes to send it.
So I think it should be fine....

Reactions: LMLN
XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
So wait why would someone even need to postpone a call to 911? Unless... oh

NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
I'm wondering about the same, I feel like that it will be too traumatic to ask a friend in a delayed email to call the police if she hasn't heard anything of them by the time she'll receive the letter

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm wondering about the same, I feel like that it will be too traumatic to ask a friend in a delayed email to call the police if she hasn't heard anything of them by the time she'll receive the letter
Exactly. I want it to be someone that does not know me. It would be too traumatic.

Reactions: NeCkDeEp
XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
just curious why is it that you want to notify them anyway? They get to you eventually right? I'm just wondering like if it's because u don't want anyone else to find u or it will be too long until someone finds you???

NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
just curious why is it that you want to notify them anyway? They get to you eventually right? I'm just wondering like if it's because u don't want anyone else to find u or it will be too long until someone finds you???
I live alone and have pets, I will leave enough food and water for them but the main reason for me why I want to be found at least 6 hours after taking SN is for my pets. Could be the same for the OP idk?

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I live alone and have pets, I will leave enough food and water for them but the main reason for me why I want to be found at least 6 hours after taking SN is for my pets. Could be the same for the OP idk?
@NeCkDeEp But your case is a bit more complex isn't it, because your pets are going to be at the property where you CTB, and you want them rehomed.
So you'll have to send law enforcement a complex text message explaining all that. That's why I previously suggested using email, and perhaps having a friend co-ordinate things for you. But that was just my opinion. If you can think it through and come up with a decent solution then obviously go for it.... :sunglasses:

XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
I have an idea... wait until you're ready and better prepared. You can send a handwritten letter to both the authorities and the friend 48 hours before hand.

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I have an idea... wait until you're ready and better prepared. You can send a handwritten letter to both the authorities and the friend 48 hours before hand.
The problem with that is that if you change your mind, or the attempt fails in some way, the letter has been sent, and you can't get it back....
Whereas with the scheduled text / email method, you can cancel it.....

XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
The problem with that is that if you change your mind, or the attempt fails in some way, the letter has been sent, and you can't get it back....
Whereas with the scheduled text / email method, you can cancel it.....
It's ok if u change your mind.

NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
@NeCkDeEp But your case is a bit more complex isn't it, because your pets are going to be at the property where you CTB, and you want them rehomed.
So you'll have to send law enforcement a complex text message explaining all that. That's why I previously suggested using email, and perhaps having a friend co-ordinate things for you. But that was just my opinion. If you can think it through and come up with a decent solution then obviously go for it.... :sunglasses:
Yeah but it could have been the same case for the OP.
I just thought about it and I could use the email address of the British government to inform them about my death, the cops unfortunately haven't got an email address. I'm scared that it will be traumatic for my friend if I'd ask her in the delayed email to ring the cops if she hasn't heard anything of them after receiving the email, so yeah might just send a delayed email to the government.
Thank you tho.

XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
It's ok if u change your mind.
I don't mean it's ok but I would hope one would change their mind it would be a long better then the alternative.
So this is really going to happen? No one is just the slightest bit troubled by the looseness of all this. Suicide is supposed to be as intimate to you as it will be to your loved ones and ... I can't

Last edited:
J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
I don't mean it's ok but I would hope one would change their mind it would be a long better then the alternative.
I'm trying to explain why using a scheduled text / email is better than posting a letter.
Let's say he decides that he doesn't want to CTB anymore.
So all he needs to do is cancel the scheduled text / email.
But if he already posted a letter, then he can't cancel that.
So then law enforcement receive a letter, and he gets put into a hospital, which he doesn't want.

I hope you can follow what I'm trying to say.

XoXoNae

XoXoNae

Trying to understand
Dec 5, 2019
No I got you. I understood
I'm trying to explain why using a scheduled text / email is better than posting a letter.
Let's say he decides that he doesn't want to CTB anymore.
So all he needs to do is cancel the scheduled text / email.
But if he already posted a letter, then he can't cancel that.
So then law enforcement receive a letter, and he gets put into a hospital, which he doesn't want.

I hope you can follow what I'm trying to say.
u entirely it's other things I'm not understanding. Ty though

J

jgm63

Visionary
Oct 28, 2019
Yeah but it could have been the same case for the OP.
I just thought about it and I could use the email address of the British government to inform them about my death, the cops unfortunately haven't got an email address. I'm scared that it will be traumatic for my friend if I'd ask her in the delayed email to ring the cops if she hasn't heard anything of them after receiving the email, so yeah might just send a delayed email to the government.
Thank you tho.
As an animal lover (like yourself), I just want to make sure your pets are going to be okay. That's why I was favouring sending emails to a few different people, in case one of those emails doesn't get received, etc. You could do some emails earlier / later than others. Anyhow, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but if you wanted any input or sanity checking, etc, then let me know, because I want to make sure your pets will be ok...... :heart:

Note : As always, please note that I strongly encourage you to seek help with whatever is troubling you. Things may seem hard, but with the right help they can improve. There are many sources of help if you look and reach out. Please seek assistance in any and every way possible. You alone must decide upon your actions and take full responsibility for them, and you should always favour seeking help and keeping out of harm's way.

• Love
Reactions: NeCkDeEp and XoXoNae
NeCkDeEp

NeCkDeEp

Experienced
Nov 30, 2019
As an animal lover (like yourself), I just want to make sure your pets are going to be okay. That's why I was favouring sending emails to a few different people, in case one of those emails doesn't get received, etc. You could do some emails earlier / later than others. Anyhow, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but if you wanted any input or sanity checking, etc, then let me know, because I want to make sure your pets will be ok...... :heart:

Note : As always, please note that I strongly encourage you to seek help with whatever is troubling you. Things may seem hard, but with the right help they can improve. There are many sources of help if you look and reach out. Please seek assistance in any and every way possible. You alone must decide upon your actions and take full responsibility for them, and you should always favour seeking help and keeping out of harm's way.
Thank you so much for all your help and advice :)