BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
If you've gotta go, that's the way to do it. :smiling:
If you must have a funeral or memorial, I wish this was more common. I don't think this was inappropriate at all. I've been to too many funerals where people go into hysterics and fling themselves on the coffin of a person they treated like shit while they were alive. Many people, or maybe it's just my nutcase family, use the funeral to bring attention and sympathy to themselves. That's one reason why I don't want any memorial. The funeral should reflect the person being remembered -- not the desperate hysterics of a person who can't stand not being the center of attention, even at someone else's funeral.

Reactions: MeltingHeart and Worthless_nobody
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Sweet story. I don't know what's made European-based cultures so bad at dealing with death. If I were into funerals I'd definitely want people to enjoy it.

Reactions: noctiva, MeltingHeart and BlueWidow
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Sweet story. I don't know what's made European-based cultures so bad at dealing with death. If I were into funerals I'd definitely want people to enjoy it.

I've always wanted to go to Mexico for the Day of Dead festival - it celebrates it which to me equals a celebration of that persons life- it's colourful& vibrant- not black and morbid. I like that idea.

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I've always wanted to go to Mexico for the Day of Dead festival - it celebrates it which to me equals a celebration of that persons life- it's colourful& vibrant- not black and morbid. I like that idea.

Hm - now that you mention it, dark & morbid is a mood I quite enjoy too. Just not the woe-is-we stuffiness most Western funerals stifle us with.

Reactions: MeltingHeart