A

AlouA

looking for CTB partner in SEA
Sep 19, 2023
Pls check if my rope is okay for full suspension.. IMG 20240912 122530 724
I actually wanna go with partial suspension hanging but a lot of people don't recommend it..

Last edited:
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
that looks very thin and flimsy, but i suppose it may work for partial (although, as you mentioned already, partial isn't really recommended these days since many have tried and failed). This rope will be significantly more painful to use than with a proper 10mm or 12mm rope though, and as such it shouldn't be used for full suspension imo. are you able to go and acquire a better rope?

Reactions: ladylazarus4
A

AlouA

Sep 19, 2023
that looks very thin and flimsy, but i suppose it may work for partial (although, as you mentioned already, partial isn't really recommended these days since many have tried and failed). This rope will be significantly more painful to use than with a proper 10mm or 12mm rope though, and as such it shouldn't be used for full suspension imo. are you able to go and acquire a better rope?
Yes, i am through online.. what type of rope should i go for? 12mm?.. i am 5"0 with weight 57kg

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Afaik it's suggested to use a rope about 1/2 inch thick (thumb-thick). Any rope will do, but I read that dockline seems to be the best.

• Informative
Reactions: AlouA
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Yes, i am through online.. what type of rope should i go for? 12mm?.. i am 5"0 with weight 57kg
for full suspension, the generally advised rope to look for is a 12mm (or 1/2 inch) double braided dockline. either made of polyester or polypropylene.

• Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AlouA
A

AlouA

Sep 19, 2023
Afaik it's suggested to use a rope about 1/2 inch thick (thumb-thick). Any rope will do, but I read that dockline seems to be the best.
Ty I'll keep that in mind
for full suspension, the generally advised rope to look for is a 12mm (or 1/2 inch) double braided dockline. either made of polyester or polypropylene.
Ty for ur advice, I'll keep that in mind

• Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and Praestat_Mori
A

AlouA

Sep 19, 2023
Update: yeah I don't think this rope is viable so I'm just gonna wait for my order .. it's estimated to arrive 17-23 😔.. I don't have a lot of time left tbh.

Reason why I can't use the above rope: it's very thin and uncomfortable ..

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sep 2, 2024
Would this one work ? Or does it have to be polyester )
This one would work, but it's preferable to have polyester. Nylon is the stretchiest of the synthetic rope materials, which is not desirable for hanging. It's also weaker than polyester, but it won't matter that much at this specific rope diameter. Polyester is the least stretchy, and one of the strongest synthetic materials for rope. It's also very good at holding most knots, which materials like polypropylene can have trouble with (unsure about nylon and knots, so it may be worth researching if you end up getting this rope).

Before buying this one, make sure it has the breaking strength or working load limit listed somewhere. If it's over 800lbs or 360kg, then it'll be fine. You want the break strength to be several times higher than your body weight, in case your convulsions have you yank on the rope hard. It's also just nice peace of mind, and it's good to eliminate as many points of failure as you can.

Reactions: imdonewithallofthis
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Not a good rope. Those do not tie well or hold knots.
The double braided dock line is the gold standard for rope. Strong, smooth, knots well and comfortable. You are worth it!

I

imdonewithallofthis

Sep 2, 2024
This one would work, but it's preferable to have polyester. Nylon is the stretchiest of the synthetic rope materials, which is not desirable for hanging. It's also weaker than polyester, but it won't matter that much at this specific rope diameter. Polyester is the least stretchy, and one of the strongest synthetic materials for rope. It's also very good at holding most knots, which materials like polypropylene can have trouble with (unsure about nylon and knots, so it may be worth researching if you end up getting this rope).

Before buying this one, make sure it has the breaking strength or working load limit listed somewhere. If it's over 800lbs or 360kg, then it'll be fine. You want the break strength to be several times higher than your body weight, in case your convulsions have you yank on the rope hard. It's also just nice peace of mind, and it's good to eliminate as many points of failure as you can.
Thank you this was extremely helpful.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller