• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

P

pointlesssuffering

Mar 12, 2022
Hello Sanctioned Suicide,

I'm planning suicide by hanging, my life is in an irreversible situation. I'm using a genuine 550 lb Paracord 4 mm as the ligature for full suspension. A concern I had was that the rope might not be thick enough to cut off circulation, but I have seen successful images of people hanging with extension cords. I bought the paracord because of the recommendation on suicidewiki, but I believe the site gears towards partial. I believe my SI is too difficult to overcome for partial, I plan on getting drunk and hanging off a branch in a hidden corner of a large popular main park that is patrolled, so that security will find me in the morning. Do you believe that the 4 mm will allow me to pass out quickly? Suicidewiki claims that thin ropes are better for cutting off the circulation, but I see that 10-16mm is suggested here.

Most of the videos I have seen of people successfully hanging from full suspension shows them passing out in mere seconds. I'm hoping for this outcome so that I am not choking for air for minutes, and I'm hoping the weight of my body plus the thin ligature will quickly knock me unconscious. Partial suspension looks like there's many ways it could go wrong, but full suspension seems more guaranteed. I chose a thin ligature because I believe it would cut off the circulation better, but I want to make sure that was sound reasoning from suicidewiki.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It will cut off circulation. The issue wil be comfort. The smaller the diameter, the more it will dig into the neck. You would not have a lot if time to contemplate the issue.

P

pointlesssuffering

Mar 12, 2022
It will cut off circulation. The issue wil be comfort. The smaller the diameter, the more it will dig into the neck. You would not have a lot if time to contemplate the issue.
Thanks for the reply. I've come to accept that full suspension is going to be painful until I pass out, but I'm hoping that the thinner rope makes me pass out faster so the duration is shorter. I'm hearing everything from a couple of seconds to 45 seconds to pass out, with the worst outcome being hanging for minutes in an airchoke. I'm thinking if suicidewiki is right about thinner ropes that it would end up being less painful overall, and that I will pass out quickly.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
There is so many bad comments out here. If the setup is good, you black out in seconds. A larger diameter rope will feel much better and still knock you out. I have practiced some and you deserve a bigger rope.

P

pointlesssuffering

Mar 12, 2022
There is so many bad comments out here. If the setup is good, you black out in seconds. A larger diameter rope will feel much better and still knock you out. I have practiced some and you deserve a bigger rope.
I see..... I should have used more sense. What I'm worried about the most is this rope being too thin to cut off the circulation, counter to what was said on suicidewiki. Do you think this is misinformation? The thinner rope cutting circulation better kind of makes sense if the pressure isn't too strong, but I'm not well versed on the topic. If it's just a matter of comfort I think my lack of funds leads me to just going for it.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
It is all gravity. You need a good slip knot so it will tighten. A really thick rope will not work. Something 1/2 to 5/8 inch thick will work well. I found packages of double braided dock line are nice.

Reactions: pointlesssuffering