shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
My setup is ok, its barely high enough but it was the best spot I could find. Just couldn't do it. The survival instinct was crazy and it hurt quite a bit I started yelping. I was doing it off a pull up piece of equipment and there was a small bar I can step back onto and I had to do it. Is it supposed to hurt that much? I have 2 other potential methods. One is C02 in a bag via baking soda and citric acid, the other is SN. There just seems like there is no feasible way to CTB. I'm not desperate but my life has been hell since I got psychosis and I just want to be free lf this shit, my life isn't worth living anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring and Plato'sCaveDweller
Bruhman88

Bruhman88

Sep 3, 2024
Same, i've been trying to practice so i can get use to the pain, in all the videos i've seen it usually takes 10-15 seconds to pass out if you do it correctly but it's hard to last that long.

Reactions: shadow999
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
Same, i've been trying to practice so i can get use to the pain, in all the videos i've seen it usually takes 10-15 seconds to pass out if you do it correctly but it's hard to last that long.
Yeah I'm just worried that at the height I have it at plus the pain it entails I won't be able to do it.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
My setup is ok, its barely high enough but it was the best spot I could find. Just couldn't do it. The survival instinct was crazy and it hurt quite a bit I started yelping. I was doing it off a pull up piece of equipment and there was a small bar I can step back onto and I had to do it. Is it supposed to hurt that much? I have 2 other potential methods. One is C02 in a bag via baking soda and citric acid, the other is SN. There just seems like there is no feasible way to CTB. I'm not desperate but my life has been hell since I got psychosis and I just want to be free lf this shit, my life isn't worth living anymore.
it is known to hurt. i mean, after all, it is your entire body weight pulling up on your neck and tightening a noose around it. though some people seem to be fortunate in that they don't feel any pain at all, but everyone is different.

the only upsides to the method is it is supposed to be relatively quick from your perspective, and is easily accessible for many people. but like you, i had to look at other methods after being unable to bring myself to pull off full suspension. i felt the despair of wishing to die but being unable. but fortunately, i ended up switching to SN after finally finding a source.

Reactions: Ashu, Bruhman88, shadow999 and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
There's not much you can do wrong when the anchor point and rope can hold your several times your body weight. As long as your feet don't reach ground and you can't pull yourself up on the pull-up-bar you will pass out and die sooner or later. Most likely within max 30 seconds.

Reactions: Ashu, Bruhman88, Plato'sCaveDweller and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's so cruel to me personally how it's so difficult to be free from all the suffering, I hope that you eventually find the peace you search for.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Ashu, Bruhman88 and 2 others
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
There's not much you can do wrong when the anchor point and rope can hold your several times your body weight. As long as your feet don't reach ground and you can't pull yourself up on the pull-up-bar you will pass out and die sooner or later. Most likely within max 30 seconds.
So I basically just have to power through it. From where I'm doing it I'm able to get my feet on a surface and I don't know where else to do it so I might have to go back to the proverbial drawing board..
it is known to hurt. i mean, after all, it is your entire body weight pulling up on your neck and tightening a noose around it. though some people seem to be fortunate in that they don't feel any pain at all, but everyone is different.

the only upsides to the method is it is supposed to be relatively quick from your perspective, and is easily accessible for many people. but like you, i had to look at other methods after being unable to bring myself to pull off full suspension. i felt the despair of wishing to die but being unable. but fortunately, i ended up switching to SN after finally finding a source.
Unfortunately the SI I'm experiencing and the spot I have might disable me from doing it. Its just not quite high enough, there is a little bar you can land on right where I need to be suspended. Really takes as much gall as I thought jumping off a building or bridge takes, you know it's gonna hurt. Thinking of switching to SN or trying the citric acid method. Ug and I was hoping to be gone today :( oh well.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller and Bruhman88
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
So I basically just have to power through it. From where I'm doing it I'm able to get my feet on a surface and I don't know where else to do it so I might have to go back to the proverbial drawing board..
Yes, you have to make sure you cannot reach anything with your feet and not with your hands and the place should therefor be high enough.

That's the thing with full, once the char has been kicked away there's no way back.

the citric acid method.
It's probably not very pleasant. It's better to consider CO with charcoal in a small room or tent.

Reactions: Ashu
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
Yes, you have to make sure you cannot reach anything with your feet and not with your hands and the place should therefor be high enough.

That's the thing with full, once the char has been kicked away there's no way back.

It's probably not very pleasant. It's better to consider CO with charcoal in a small room or tent.

More unpleasant than hanging? It just seems so doable eh. I'll read up on the CO method and see of it's doable for me. Thankd for the resource. Was thinking about looking into SN as well. Seems like it has a degree of uncomfortability though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
Unfortunately the SI I'm experiencing and the spot I have might disable me from doing it. Its just not quite high enough, there is a little bar you can land on right where I need to be suspended. Really takes as much gall as I thought jumping off a building or bridge takes, you know it's gonna hurt. Thinking of switching to SN or trying the citric acid method. Ug and I was hoping to be gone today :( oh well.
SI is a real bitch. I think the body knows with hanging that it's a danger. plus, hanging involves a body envelope violation, which is something we want to avoid instinctually. I think that's why ODs and the like (SN, N, fent, etc) are much easier, since you're just drinking or swallowing something as opposed to physically harming your body. And yeah with full hanging, you definitely want nothing around you that you can reach once you fully suspend, cause your brain on autopilot is gonna be looking for a way out of danger.

I would advise against the CO2 method, though. If you know anything about how oxygen breathing animals work, you'll know that we have a well functioning system in our bodies for detecting CO2. If you hold your breath it will get uncomfortable, and then unbearable and you'll take a breath no matter what (even under water, letting water into your lungs). One of the most unethical ways we slaughter animals is gassing them with CO2, as they literally go insane and suffer immensely before death. So please do not do that to yourself, if you can avoid it. You'd likely have a better time fully hanging than this method.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had many attempts where I was damn sure that it'd be my last day on Earth, but yet I'm still here. I wish you luck with whatever you end up doing.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Ashu
shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
SI is a real bitch. I think the body knows with hanging that it's a danger. plus, hanging involves a body envelope violation, which is something we want to avoid instinctually. I think that's why ODs and the like (SN, N, fent, etc) are much easier, since you're just drinking or swallowing something as opposed to physically harming your body. And yeah with full hanging, you definitely want nothing around you that you can reach once you fully suspend, cause your brain on autopilot is gonna be looking for a way out of danger.

I would advise against the CO2 method, though. If you know anything about how oxygen breathing animals work, you'll know that we have a well functioning system in our bodies for detecting CO2. If you hold your breath it will get uncomfortable, and then unbearable and you'll take a breath no matter what (even under water, letting water into your lungs). One of the most unethical ways we slaughter animals is gassing them with CO2, as they literally go insane and suffer immensely before death. So please do not do that to yourself, if you can avoid it. You'd likely have a better time fully hanging than this method.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I had many attempts where I was damn sure that it'd be my last day on Earth, but yet I'm still here. I wish you luck with whatever you end up doing.
Thanks,
I think it is likely I am going to do SN. It just seems very doable. At least I still have the option to do full suspension if I can find the right spot. I won't try the citric acid method, thanks agaìn.

• Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
I am doing some research on full suspension hanging and I think your experience might be very educational for others interested in full suspension hanging.
If you don't mind, I have some questions for you:

1) What sort of rope/ligature did you use? What was the diameter of it?

2) Did you put your entire body weight on the noose (as in, you were fully suspended) or just part of it?

3) How long did you manage to stay on the noose, in seconds?

4) In your own words, how bad would you describe the pain to be? In which part(s) of your body did you feel pain? And could you give it a rating from 1 to 10 in terms of how painful it was (1 being least painful thing you ever experienced and 10 being most painful thing you ever experienced)?

Thank you very much for your time

shadow999

shadow999

Student
Sep 6, 2024
I am doing some research on full suspension hanging and I think your experience might be very educational for others interested in full suspension hanging.
If you don't mind, I have some questions for you:

1) What sort of rope/ligature did you use? What was the diameter of it?

2) Did you put your entire body weight on the noose (as in, you were fully suspended) or just part of it?

3) How long did you manage to stay on the noose, in seconds?

4) In your own words, how bad would you describe the pain to be? In which part(s) of your body did you feel pain? And could you give it a rating from 1 to 10 in terms of how painful it was (1 being least painful thing you ever experienced and 10 being most painful thing you ever experienced)?

Thank you very much for your time
1. I think it was some kind of polyester. Was kind of stupid of me but I threw away the packaging before reading this information.
2. I was planning on using my full body weight but the SI was too strong and it forced me to stand.
3. Maybe 2 seconds suspended.
4. Honestly I would rate it a 10, the pain was on my neck. It felt like burning pain even with a cloth between my neck and the rope. I was not expecting so much pain and believe that is what made me unsuccessful.
Thanks for your work it helped me plan my method.

• Informative
Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

banned
Aug 2, 2024
1. I think it was some kind of polyester. Was kind of stupid of me but I threw away the packaging before reading this information.
2. I was planning on using my full body weight but the SI was too strong and it forced me to stand.
3. Maybe 2 seconds suspended.
4. Honestly I would rate it a 10, the pain was on my neck. It felt like burning pain even with a cloth between my neck and the rope. I was not expecting so much pain and believe that is what made me unsuccessful.
Thanks for your work it helped me plan my method.
Thank you for your reply.

Would you say the pain was limited to the skin of your neck, or did you feel pain inside the neck too (for example, in the muscles of your neck, bones, etc.)?

In case the pain is exclusively on the skin of the neck, do you think something like baby oil could help? (Or am I misunderstanding the nature of the pain you're describing? In which case feel free to correct me.)

Thanks again

Last edited: