flightlessbutterfly

flightlessbutterfly

Mindless Wanderer
Jun 25, 2023
My brother is 10. He's 10 and he attempted this morning at school.
What has society come to, to allow a 10-year-old boy to feel like he needed to die to escape suffering?
I wasn't religious before, and fuck if I'm ever going to believe in god ever again.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I agree, the norms in the society are horrible, unbelievable. I have also started having suicidal thoughts at a very young age and the fact that no one noticed and if anyone noticed, the didnt even care to help me is just astonishing. now i'm in this situation. Yet i cant believe how they allow a fucking 10 year old to try to ctb for gods sake what has the world come to

• Love
Reactions: flightlessbutterfly
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023
Oh no! I'm so sorry you must have felt so helpless. Society and people are really terrible. Is he ok now? I hope you are able to have a chat to him about his feelings, be there for him.

• Love
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just think that many people including me see death as being a relief and comfort, only not existing has ever appealed to me as it's the permanent escape from all suffering, I've never wished to exist here. And existence certainly is something so dreadful so it's not surprising that even very young people wish to be free, I wish that I left at a much younger age.

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress, flightlessbutterfly and Prime0
flightlessbutterfly

flightlessbutterfly

Mindless Wanderer
Jun 25, 2023
I agree, the norms in the society are horrible, unbelievable. I have also started having suicidal thoughts at a very young age and the fact that no one noticed and if anyone noticed, the didnt even care to help me is just astonishing. now i'm in this situation. Yet i cant believe how they allow a fucking 10 year old to try to ctb for gods sake what has the world come to
To shit. That's what. Furthermore, the other 10 year olds who are going to have that permanent trauma of having to pull my brother back from the ledge, I can't imagine their mental state after that.
Oh no! I'm so sorry you must have felt so helpless. Society and people are really terrible. Is he ok now? I hope you are able to have a chat to him about his feelings, be there for him.
According to the school counsellor and my mother? I'm the only person he trusts right now, I'm doing my best. I may be passively suicidal, but he's 10. I wouldn't wish my mental state on a 10 year old.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
To shit. That's what. Furthermore, the other 10 year olds who are going to have that permanent trauma of having to pull my brother back from the ledge, I can't imagine their mental state after that.
He tried jumping? If no one saved him he would've ended up with terrible consequences that he would have to live with for the rest of his life because i doubt a school would be tall enough to ensure death. I feel sorry for him and his classmates who saved him i hope he gets better and i hope the classmates wont be scarred for life.

• Love
todiefor

todiefor

Scrap that, nothing matters at all after all
Jun 24, 2023

According to the school counsellor and my mother? I'm the only person he trusts right now, I'm doing my best. I may be passively suicidal, but he's 10. I wouldn't wish my mental state on a 10 year old.
I'm so glad he has someone he trusts to talk to, it must be so difficult for a 10 year old to work through all these emotions. You sound like you are handling it very well. I'm so sorry this happened you just be very worried.

• Love