EntomologicalCat

EntomologicalCat

Loss is the worst!
May 9, 2023
I wake up and the first think I see is a text message saying that my long time friend of 8+ years doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I feel so awful. I loved being her friend so much and I hate myself for not being a better friend.

She said that I vent too much and that she feels like I just use her to vent and don't really treat her like a friend, but I just trust her so much more than any friend I've ever had.

This breaks my heart I want to die so bad

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: jemetire, Hotsackage, Little_Suzy and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just the reality that you cannot trust and rely on other people as long as you exist here, but it must be really awful what you are going through, it's true that other people can certainly be so disappointing and just create more suffering. But anyway best wishes, it's very much understandable wishing to be free from this cruel world.

Reactions: Why Me? and Ashu
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
No offense OP but she sounds like a bad friend. God forbid not everything being sunshine and rainbows all the time. You really shouldn't blame yourself, as this seems to be her issue and not your issue. Something similar happened to me, I lost a friend because I opened up to her about my suicidal thoughts. Some people are only friendly with you when the weather is fair, and can't handle truth about darker parts of existence. Anyways I'm sorry that you went through that.

Reactions: not_actually_human, Hotsackage, Why Me? and 2 others
HitsanoEllangmainta

HitsanoEllangmainta

outsider
Mar 6, 2023
If it's just because she doesn't want negativity in her life, then I'm on your side. But if you're whining all the time and not paying enough attention to her problems and to what she says, then I can relate to her.

Reactions: msocks, Why Me?, Ashu and 1 other person
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I wake up and the first think I see is a text message saying that my long time friend of 8+ years doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I feel so awful. I loved being her friend so much and I hate myself for not being a better friend.

She said that I vent too much and that she feels like I just use her to vent and don't really treat her like a friend, but I just trust her so much more than any friend I've ever had.

This breaks my heart I want to die so bad
Never wish to ctb over a person, They are not worthy of such a sacrifice, if your 'friend' wasn't willing to listen to your vent's so you're able to get them out of your system then 'they' were never your friend! I wish you a positive Weekend 🐈🤗

Reactions: Why Me? and Ashu
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Because it's not healthy to vent your frustrations to your close friends or romantic partners. Being on the receiving end of someone's incessant venting is stressful.

That's why I love therapy so much. Feel free to vent to someone who is trained to listen and can provide actual help.

If you vent your anger here anonymously, you'll probably find a few sympathetic readers.

The issue isn't with venting per se, just with doing it in inappropriate settings.

Reactions: Hotsackage