V

Volomori83

Haunted by the ghosts of the past
Jul 9, 2018
Hi, this is the first time I've posted a thread but I figured it was worth doing as I need some help. I want to ctb via partial suspension. I have found the ideal place and even went as far as to set up the rope I intend to hang myself with. (The location is far enough out of the way that concealing the rope has been fairly easy (just using a tarpaulin for weatherproofing)). I haven't set a fixed date yet other than to say that it will be pretty soon. For the past number of months I have been practising and this is where I need help.

I've read the hanging/suspension megathread through and through, along with various other resources found on this site, but I still can't seem to get the process right. I'm consistently getting the "headbursting" thing but that's about it. I haven't come close to passing out or feeling as though that is going to happen. I know full-suspension would be a more foolproof way of exiting but I'll be honest in saying that it freaks me right out. Partial suspension works better for me, mentally, because I'll feel as though as I have some control and actually make it easier for me to see it through.

If anyone on here can offer any (in-depth) advice on how to best go about doing this, then I'd be eternally grateful. You can either reply to this post or PM me. I want to make sure that when I "go for it", it is the end, that I have succeeded and don't find myself waking up knowing I've failed in my mission.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Mom4Ever, Lifeisatrap, 21Neberg and 1 other person
therhydler

therhydler

Enlightened
Dec 7, 2018
If you are getting the headbursting feeling that means you are compressing only the jugular arteries and not the carotid arteries. The jugulars bring blood from the head and the carotids bring blood to it. So basically blood is getting trapped in your head since it goes in and can't come out. Unfortunately the jugulars are easier to compress - they require less pressure. So you will have to put more pressure - and it will be more effective if it is sudden. Don't slowly lean in, try putting all your weight down at once.

Also try experimenting with different knot positions. Remember the knot is where the least pressure is applied. I think different things will work for different people so you have to experiment.

Thats for the theory... But I can't get partial right either so maybe I'm not one to give advice :/ lots of people get it right but somehow it's more difficult than it looks

• Informative
Reactions: nofun.intended, Reiter, felix and 8 others
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
A belt worked much better for me than anything else.

20181217 153345

Reactions: Redt2go, stellabelle, Lifeisatrap and 8 others
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
I don't know, if the partial is a good way. I failed by this way several times. And now i'm afraid from hanging. Maybe the complete hanging for the first attempt (when you have a courage) is more sure way. I think. For me the next attempt by the partial is useless. Now i looking for a courage for the complete hanging only. But every human is a little different.

Reactions: Anon1337, Mom4Ever, goxua and 3 others
V

Volomori83

Jul 9, 2018
@therhydler
Thanks for your post. Yeah it's definitely harder than it looks. The only consolation will be the idea that I only have to get it right once. I'll play about with knot positions (I've been keeping it at the back of my neck so far). How would you suggest being the best way to put all my weight down at once? Just collapse my legs or something?

@gingerplum
Thanks for sharing your method. I thought about a belt but I'm worried that it would snap during the "hanging", resulting in a failed attempt and maybe some damage. I don't fear being dead but I do fear lingering in pain or in a vegetative state.

@Jiva
Yeah hanging (as a process) seems terrifying so therefore, for me, partial is my best option I feel. I contemplated full suspension but I've always been a bit of a control freak, so when I feel that I'm not in control, I freak, and I'm terrified that if I freaked out it could screw up the suspension somehow and make my end long, drawn-out and painful. As I said earlier, I am not afraid to die but I am afraid of suffering.

Reactions: Mom4Ever, Lifeisatrap, 21Neberg and 3 others
finnishjonathan

finnishjonathan

Jan 4, 2019
I'm having the same problem, I think the key is also finding your ''sweet spot'', which I did find once but haven't gotten it right since then..

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, YellowJasmine, Volomori83 and 2 others
V

Volomori83

Jul 9, 2018
I'm having the same problem, I think the key is also finding your ''sweet spot'', which I did find once but haven't gotten it right since then..

Yeah I've heard other references to this "sweet spot". Will definitely have to do some further research and practice. Have you done a lot of practices?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
I want to ctb via partial suspension. to

Reactions: joshdoc, Lifeisatrap, Ch92921 and 2 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
@Volomori83 @gingerplum

A massive thanks to you both for posting what you've posted in this thread! I was on the edge about partial suspension as I too am a bit of control freak and I wouldn't like to jump with the rope around my neck, so compressing the carotid by leaning down might be a better method. Thanks to you two I understand the method a lot more now, and I might just try to find a belt. I hope both of you find your peace soon.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Volomori83
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I don't know, if the partial is a good way. I failed by this way several times. And now i'm afraid from hanging. Maybe the complete hanging for the first attempt (when you have a courage) is more sure way. I think. For me the next attempt by the partial is useless. Now i looking for a courage for the complete hanging only. But every human is a little different.

I hope you don't mind me asking -- what are the reasons you failed partial suspension multiple times?

borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019
Why is partial so complicated.. fuck

Reactions: Mom4Ever, Marawa, Lifeisatrap and 2 others
V

Volomori83

Jul 9, 2018
@21Neberg
I very much appreciate your kind words. I started this thread to get some more information to better prepare me to ctb by better understanding the method I had resolved myself to using. It makes me happy to think that I may in turn have helped others in some small way. I'm glad you understand what I mean by needing to maintain a modicum of control (of a process which is hitherto uncontrollable) in ending my life. I'm hoping that through this thread I gain a lot more information, so if you learn along with me then that can only help us in our endeavour.

@borntodie777
We will persevere. Hopefully together we can figure this out and be much better prepared to do what we want to do.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Lifeisatrap and borntodie777
borntodie777

borntodie777

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2019
@21Neberg
I very much appreciate your kind words. I started this thread to get some more information to better prepare me to ctb by better understanding the method I had resolved myself to using. It makes me happy to think that I may in turn have helped others in some small way. I'm glad you understand what I mean by needing to maintain a modicum of control (of a process which is hitherto uncontrollable) in ending my life. I'm hoping that through this thread I gain a lot more information, so if you learn along with me then that can only help us in our endeavour.

@borntodie777
We will persevere. Hopefully together we can figure this out and be much better prepared to do what we want to do.

True have no other choice really.. persevere or tolerate the mediocrity of life

P

Peter

Oct 19, 2018
First of all let me try to make sense here if i can on my way out.i have being trying this partial method for the last 5months.The truth here is that it works better in my situation when the noose is at the lower part of the neck.i believe a rope serves a better purpose of getting u to the promise land.You have to try it out,find a good beam to attached rope to,put your arm or leg in the noose and pull down on it first,if it stays then you dont worry about ur beam collapsing.Then when you put your head in the noose make sure u tighten it up real good first then drop but u have to drop with some force like are really pissed off like i feel and then within seconds legs gets weaker,arms and legs get heavier,your body feels weird and warm,tingly and u will pass out without even knowing.And for those who say the knot will come loose,thats a lie cos on my trails even when i stood tryna to untie the knot i had difficulties cos once u drop fast and the noose pulls around ur neck that tight it aint coming off even if u had the wildest convulsions.promise u that.And for me i have hit the new low so i know i dont have much time left on this earth.But if u can just get some alcohol in your body u wont be too scared.thats what am getting ready to do drink my last bottle of tequila and leave this earth peaceful.its sad but he knows best and i just cant take it anymore.Dont wish me good luck cos i wont need any luck cos this is real and luck wont play a factor.peace to everyone and life is never fair

Reactions: Johanna94
felix

felix

Experienced
Jan 25, 2019
If you are getting the headbursting feeling that means you are compressing only the jugular arteries and not the carotid arteries. The jugulars bring blood from the head and the carotids bring blood to it. So basically blood is getting trapped in your head since it goes in and can't come out. Unfortunately the jugulars are easier to compress - they require less pressure. So you will have to put more pressure - and it will be more effective if it is sudden. Don't slowly lean in, try putting all your weight down at once.

Also try experimenting with different knot positions. Remember the knot is where the least pressure is applied. I think different things will work for different people so you have to experiment.

Thats for the theory... But I can't get partial right either so maybe I'm not one to give advice :/ lots of people get it right but somehow it's more difficult than it looks
That's what I got and when I stood up I was convulsing because of bloodflpw back into body. My neck hurt after doing it setting my weight down like people say your supposed to

Last edited: