heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Sure. The real question is: is it a bad thing? I've been alone for 10 years and counting. It's me and a pet. Alone but lonely. Solitude isn't for everyone though. I just got tired of the drama and b.s. of relationships.

• Hugs
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon, SmallKoy and MrOptions
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Dead already. Just need to dispose of my body now.
Aug 6, 2024
Oi I've been single for almost a decade. Been talking to some people on the dating apps just as a distraction lately. What I realized is that I can barely handle having one million problems. What I cannot handle is an additional one million problems. At my age, everyone comes with a whole lot of baggage. I really can't be bothered to invite that into my life. I have a great sex toy collection lol so that takes care of one aspect. It's the good conversation that I sometimes lack but hello internet, thanks for always being there for me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Hero Remeer and heliophobic
heliophobic

heliophobic

Memento Mori
Jan 29, 2024
Oi I've been single for almost a decade. Been talking to some people on the dating apps just as a distraction lately. What I realized is that I can barely handle having one million problems. What I cannot handle is an additional one million problems. At my age, everyone comes with a whole lot of baggage. I really can't be bothered to invite that into my life. I have a great sex toy collection lol so that takes care of one aspect. It's the good conversation that I sometimes lack but hello internet, thanks for always being there for me.
What did that song say? I've got 99 problems but a b**** ain't one? Not really a fan of the song(I liked the version in the Fright Night remake though) but the sentiment is spot on. Anytime I thought about dating over the past ten years, I quickly was reminded of why I stopped. šŸ˜‚ I agree with everything you said 100%. You're probably the first person I've come across on here that is in the same boat as me when it comes to being willingly single and for a long period of time. Hell yeah.

• Yay!
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon and Waterfall500
Hero Remeer

Hero Remeer

Sep 22, 2024
I think it's not possible because we all affect each other, we create relationships with everything and everyone.
But if your question is focused on living "alone", then yes it is possible and "forever" as well, the issue of loneliness is knowing how to live with yourself
It would be interesting to live alone, in complete solitude, perhaps on an island and try out how one lives with oneself and realize if that is what one wants
There is a documentary that could be useful to you called: The Swedish Theory of Love. It shows the life of many people in solitude and the consequences that it brought to that country
Regards, be well

Waterfall500

Waterfall500

Dec 17, 2023
Is this possible?
This is gonna sound embarrassing but has anyone else here never actually been in a relationship. I see a lot of people saying they just got tired of the bs of relationships. At least ye had the experience of them. Anyway who gives a shit Ill be gone soon

RoadBLOCK

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
Sure. The real question is: is it a bad thing? I've been alone for 10 years and counting. It's me and a pet. Alone but lonely. Solitude isn't for everyone though. I just got tired of the drama and b.s. of relationships.
"of the drama and b.s. of relationships."
Me too bro ,
I think it's not possible because we all affect each other, we create relationships with everything and everyone.
But if your question is focused on living "alone", then yes it is possible and "forever" as well, the issue of loneliness is knowing how to live with yourself
It would be interesting to live alone, in complete solitude, perhaps on an island and try out how one lives with oneself and realize if that is what one wants
There is a documentary that could be useful to you called: The Swedish Theory of Love. It shows the life of many people in solitude and the consequences that it brought to that country
Regards, be well
Alone I meant to live with a partner or someone I love in one house
Are you planning for another 10 years? Or can you afford this?

Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Mage
May 14, 2018
I was single for 10 years and got used to it. Then two years ago, I got into a relationship that lasted two years, until I blew it. I really wish I stayed single because now getting used to the loneliness all over again is going to be so hard. Having a taste of not being alone was cruel. I'm 47 chances of another relationship are slim.

• Hugs
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon and RoadBLOCK
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Aug 6, 2024
What did that song say? I've got 99 problems but a b**** ain't one? Not really a fan of the song(I liked the version in the Fright Night remake though) but the sentiment is spot on. Anytime I thought about dating over the past ten years, I quickly was reminded of why I stopped. šŸ˜‚ I agree with everything you said 100%. You're probably the first person I've come across on here that is in the same boat as me when it comes to being willingly single and for a long period of time. Hell yeah.
Lol!!! I get on the dating apps from time to time just to remind myself that I am not missing anything. Works every time, ha!

RoadBLOCK

RoadBLOCK

Jul 9, 2024
Lol!!! I get on the dating apps from time to time just to remind myself that I am not missing anything. Works every time, ha!
But what is the purpose of these programs? Isn't it to get to know each other and love each other? (Usually) Is there social pressure that makes you think these things? Or is it something inside you?

nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Aug 6, 2024
Are you planning for another 10 years? Or can you afford this?
Hell no. What I am planning it to ctb in a few months. I can't take another 10 years on this stupid planet omg.
But what is the purpose of these programs? Isn't it to get to know each other and love each other? (Usually) Is there social pressure that makes you think these things? Or is it something inside you?
To each their own I guess.

Last edited:
L

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
yes, but surprisingly there are some who choose to be alone as a preference