lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019
I saw a picture on my news feed of two men receiving an award from police for stopping a suicidal woman from killing herself. Immediately I was filled with anger. They gave them an award for forcing someone to continue living with their pain

Reactions: Final Escape, Ch92921, ForestLove and 13 others
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Rewarded for being disrespectful...

Reactions: ForestLove, Worthless_nobody, Weeping Garbage Can and 4 others
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
I wouldn't say thats horrible
Good job for the two men, i suppose, good deed but i understand what you're saying.
Forcing to stay alive when u really dont wanna, terrrible :/. But i guess she just got unlucky about it...

Reactions: ForestLove, Weeping Garbage Can, littlelady774 and 4 others
goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
I'm assuming the woman who was suicidal - allowed to be 'rescued' or perhaps was encouraged to rethink on her suicide and decided against it?

Remember, there are suicide attempts which are really just 'cries for help.' And maybe this was the case? If so, the police approached a precarious situation with skill, and a life saved is celebrated, generally.

Reactions: ForestLove, Psilo, Weeping Garbage Can and 8 others
lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019
I'm assuming the woman who was suicidal - allowed to be 'rescued' or perhaps was encouraged to rethink on her suicide and decided against it?

Remember, there are suicide attempts which are really just 'cries for help.' And maybe this was the case? If so, the police approached a precarious situation with skill, and a life saved is celebrated, generally.
That's true, I didn't think of that

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, odette and goxua
lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019

For me, if someone tried to save me I would be extremely upset. I guess I was just viewing it from how it would affect me

Reactions: throwaway777, ForestLove, Weeping Garbage Can and 7 others
goxua

goxua

Student
Jan 28, 2019
It's easy and natural, to colour our opinions through the lens of our experiences and feelings. I understand your viewpoint but I appreciate your understanding mine.

**posted right as you posted your last comment, rendering mine redundant lol

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Weeping Garbage Can, Redt2go and 1 other person
C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
For me, if someone tried to save me I would be extremely upset. I guess I was just viewing it from how it would affect me

Me too, bc if im attempting that means ive made the decision and i don't want to be stopped.
Its strange too bc afterwards when i did get caught i got a moment of clarity afterwards and was like "did i really just do that.."
Then its back to square 1 two days later -_-

Reactions: ForestLove, Weeping Garbage Can and Kikoo Loool
lost.ghost

lost.ghost

dissolving mind
Jan 25, 2019
It's easy and natural, to colour our opinions through the lens of our experiences and feelings. I understand your viewpoint but I appreciate your understanding mine.

**posted right as you posted your last comment, rendering mine redundant lol
I didn't want to sound disrespectful with this post, I apologize if it came out this way. I hope that woman finds peace in whichever way

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, odette and goxua
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm always filled with anger when people praise calling the police on a suicidal loved one. I despise people that do that. I can't stand the people praising that.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, I am ___________, Cookiedough8956 and 1 other person
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'm always filled with anger when people praise calling the police on a suicidal loved one. I despise people that do that. I can't stand the people praising that.

You really can't understand how a non-suicidal person would panic and try to get help when their loved one is about to die? I'm pro-choice but I can empathize with that knee jerk reaction.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Maximoo, Damn and 7 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
You really can't understand how a non-suicidal person would panic and try to get help when their loved one is about to die? I'm pro-choice but I can empathize with that knee jerk reaction.

I'm not rational. When I was 17 my sister called the cops on me because I self harmed a few days before. It has ruined my life, in fact the fall out effects of this are why I am here now. I know intellectually that this may not be a far judgment of people but I can't bring myself to not feel anger.

The trust and praise society gives involuntarily hospitalization is disgusting.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Weeping Garbage Can, Anguisette and 6 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
I'm not rational. When I was 17 my sister called the cops on me because I self harmed a few days before. It has ruined my life, in fact the fall out effects of this are why I am here now. I know intellectually that this may not be a far judgment of people but I can't bring myself to not feel anger.

I'm glad you mentioned involuntarily hospitalization. I was actually going to edit my post to include the fact that while I can understand trying to save a suicidal person, I don't agree with always throwing them in a psych ward right after. The whole system needs an overhaul, which it probably won't get for a long time : /

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Meretlein, odette and 2 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
It's kind of like prison, out of sight out of mind they think everything is okay

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Maximoo and odette
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
It's kind of like prison, out of sight out of mind they think everything is okay

I think there's some truth to that. I also think most people have no clue what a psych ward is actually like, and how they can end up doing more harm than good.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, mwu14, lost.ghost and 3 others
odette

odette

Student
Feb 5, 2019
For the record, it would mean the world to me if someone stopped me. It would have to be someone who actually knows me though.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Pulpit2018, lost.ghost and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
@meeck Yes, I would be very upset too if that had happened to me. I am keeping everything quiet (not even family nor close people know this -- aside from people on here) until I actually get ready to attempt. I will be using delayed email set with a long delay just in case there is anything that doesn't go to plan (99.9% sure that I will follow through my attempt if/when I do it) such as unexpected event, hesitation, last moment survival instinct. With all the preparations and eventually coming to peace and mustering enough courage, failure should be very, very unlikely.

@Redt2go The whole out of sight out of mind thing just means that society and the government feels good about doing something (despite how unhelpful and harmful it is) while praising their own actions and living in delusion and denial of whatever happens to the suicidal person.

@WhiteRabbit Also, the worst people in those bunch are the ones who know how bad it is, and yet makes up excuses or defend the barbaric practice. Sure just because they aren't physically torturing people like the 1800's doesn't mean that being detained against one's will is any more dignified or cruel. It is still a blatant violation of civil rights and personal freedom, all under the name of irrationality and mental illness as well as 'help.' Plus, I'm willing to bet money that if the psychiatric system and legal system doesn't force the suicidal into a hospital against their will or force treatment against their will, then people would be more willing to seek help or open up.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Weeping Garbage Can, lost.ghost and 4 others
Redt2go

Redt2go

flower child
Jan 5, 2019
@meeck
@Redt2go The whole out of sight out of mind thing just means that society and the government feels good about doing something (despite how unhelpful and harmful it is) while praising their own actions and living in delusion and denial of whatever happens to the suicidal person.

Yeah I know, that's what I meant when I wrote it

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and odette
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I'm glad you mentioned involuntarily hospitalization. I was actually going to edit my post to include the fact that while I can understand trying to save a suicidal person, I don't agree with always throwing them in a psych ward right after. The whole system needs an overhaul, which it probably won't get for a long time : /

Maybe i'm a pessimistic but I don't think it ever will change. I used to browse r/legaladvice and r/bestoflegaladvice on reddit and it was full of doctors and other people defending psych wards.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, WhiteRabbit, Redt2go and 1 other person
I am ___________

I am ___________

Hated, Unloved by the world and everything in it.
Jan 3, 2019
It is very hypocritical and selfish of them to think that their opinion of life is greater then that of your own, and that you have no right to want to end it. Another reason why I hate society, if life wasn't so bad then there would be no suicides or atleast a very small percent of the population would be affected. They do not care at all, if they truly cared they would correct the mistakes and evil of this world and make it a better place. All it would take is simply a couple days to a week to implement change, that is not their intentions. They want to profit off of your suffering for as long as you are breathing. Death is truly the only escape from this hell.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Weeping Garbage Can, lost.ghost and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
@meeck Yes, I would be very upset too if that had happened to me. I am keeping everything quiet (not even family nor close people know this -- aside from people on here) until I actually get ready to attempt. I will be using delayed email set with a long delay just in case there is anything that doesn't go to plan (99.9% sure that I will follow through my attempt if/when I do it) such as unexpected event, hesitation, last moment survival instinct. With all the preparations and eventually coming to peace and mustering enough courage, failure should be very, very unlikely.

@WhiteRabbit Also, the worst people in those bunch are the ones who know how bad it is, and yet makes up excuses or defend the barbaric practice. Sure just because they aren't physically torturing people like the 1800's doesn't mean that being detained against one's will is any more dignified or cruel. It is still a blatant violation of civil rights and personal freedom, all under the name of irrationality and mental illness as well as 'help.' Plus, I'm willing to bet money that if the psychiatric system and legal system doesn't force the suicidal into a hospital against their will or force treatment against their will, then people would be more willing to seek help or open up.

I live in the United States and I really don't know much about the US constitution but it seems like involuntary hospitalization is unconstitutional I know this because when my family hospitalized me against my will, the nurse praised my dad for locking me away before I turned 18. Also people are allowed to refuse life saving cancer treatment because they believe a vegan diet/oils will cure cancer. Seems like hypocrisy to me.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, I am ___________ and Redt2go
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
I live in the United States and I really don't know much about the US constitution but it seems like involuntary hospitalization is unconstitutional I know this because when my family hospitalized me against my will, the nurse praised my dad for locking me away before I turned 18. Also people are allowed to refuse life saving cancer treatment because they believe a vegan diet/oils will cure cancer. Seems like hypocrisy to me.

I wonder if it's because they consider suicidal people a possible danger to others, while cancer vegans are not.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, I am ___________, Redt2go and 1 other person
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I wonder if it's because they consider suicidal people a possible danger to others, while cancer vegans are not.

I doubt it. I think it is because suicide is more active than just letting yourself die of cancer due to crazy beliefs. Humans respond to more active and violent threats like we fear dying in a plane crash instead of dying of heart disease.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, WhiteRabbit and Redt2go
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
It is very hypocritical and selfish of them to think that their opinion of life is greater then that of your own, and that you have no right to want to end it. Another reason why I hate society, if life wasn't so bad then there would be no suicides or atleast a very small percent of the population would be affected. They do not care at all, if they truly cared they would correct the mistakes and evil of this world and make it a better place. All it would take is simply a couple days to a week to implement change, that is not their intentions. They want to profit off of your suffering for as long as you are breathing. Death is truly the only escape from this hell.

How would you go about correcting the mistakes and evil in this world?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can
I am ___________

I am ___________

Jan 3, 2019
How would you go about correcting the mistakes and evil in this world?

I never said anything about myself correcting the mistakes and evil in this world. However there are very simple steps to do so:

1) Providing universal basic income to all.
2) Providing and making companies to do job training
3) Eliminating and banning all fossil and other pollutants in terms of renewable energy resources
4) Giving the power back to the people, taking back control from governments and large corporations. A republic so to speak.
5) Eliminating homelessness by renovating abandoned and unused structures/settlements and making housing affordable. If we could provide universal shelter to all. (This would be highly unlikely however if we could we should do it)
6) Reinventing and reforming education, making it accessible to all. Knowledge should be free to all, so that we may better ourselves.
7) Reforming the media, and removing the snakes from their nest.
8) Reforming the constitution and bill of rights/amendments.
9) Not possible, however the banning of war.
10) Cleaning up of our environment from pollution, elimination of plastics in favor of biodegradable materials.
11) Etc, there is a lot that needs to be done.

One might believe that my vision of an ideal society/world is that of pure fantasy, a utopia. However, I would like to think that these things can be achieved, especially with our technological advancements and scientific advancements thus far.

Reactions: odette, Weeping Garbage Can and WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

Feb 12, 2019
I never said anything about myself correcting the mistakes and evil in this world. However there are very simple steps to do so:

1) Providing universal basic income to all.
2) Providing and making companies to do job training
3) Eliminating and banning all fossil and other pollutants in terms of renewable energy resources
4) Giving the power back to the people, taking back control from governments and large corporations. A republic so to speak.
5) Eliminating homelessness by renovating abandoned and unused structures/settlements and making housing affordable. If we could provide universal shelter to all. (This would be highly unlikely however if we could we should do it)
6) Reinventing and reforming education, making it accessible to all. Knowledge should be free to all, so that we may better ourselves.
7) Reforming the media, and removing the snakes from their nest.
8) Reforming the constitution and bill of rights/amendments.
9) Not possible, however the banning of war.
10) Cleaning up of our environment from pollution, elimination of plastics in favor of biodegradable materials.
11) Etc, there is a lot that needs to be done.

One might believe that my vision of an ideal society/world is that of pure fantasy, a utopia. However, I would like to think that these things can be achieved, especially with our technological advancements and scientific advancements thus far.

While I agree with all of that, it's not something that can simply be implemented in a matter of weeks. Which is what you said.

Reactions: Redt2go and Weeping Garbage Can
I am ___________

I am ___________

Jan 3, 2019
Change does take time, but a vast majority of the things on the list could be easily achieved in a matter of weeks/months.