FERAL_FRENZY

FERAL_FRENZY

Legionnaire <3
Apr 18, 2024
I have a bone to pick with this term. Idk if anyone else has heard the news about the new Romeo and Juliet movie, (Maybe you have, and I'm just suuuper late to the news cuz I live under a rock.) but I woke up this morning to videos of the lead actress getting DRAGGED to hell and back. The comments people made about her appearance were absolutely fucking RANCID. I genuinely forgot that lots of people jump at the chance to masculinize women whose features don't fit white supremacists' beauty standards. Not to mention all the tasteless jokes that were just thinly veiled racist stereotypes. (Prison jokes, calling her a UFC fighter, absent father jokes, ect.)

I'm all for "diversity" or whatever, but in the last few days I've started growing weary of rebooted franchises that go out of their way to advertise their sparkly, brand-new "inclusive" cast. They know what they're doing. I don't think they actually give a shit about giving complex, fleshed-out roles to POC. It's no secret that people have been losing their minds over their beloved childhood shows/movies getting revamped and "wokeified." Controversy sells, and these execs know that. I just wish they wouldn't use POC as an easy way to grab attention. The plot of the show/movie should do that on its own.

In short, I'm sick of these jobless losers on the TL crying over castings/ fan castings (I will never forget how these bitches BROKE DOWN over a FAKE Rapunzel live-action casting) and I'm sick of execs taking advantage of the outrage and chaos. Like it's 2024 WHY are we still doing this stupid shit.

• Love
Reactions: scarlet-pixie, Saturn_, Forveleth and 1 other person
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
The funny part is, its not even a movie just a limited time theatre production. Theatre has a long history of diversity in roles, e.g. Hamilton. Originally any Shakespeare with female characters were played by men or little boys. At the end of the day these chronically online losers cant even afford to see this version of Romeo and Juliet there just being racist for the sake of it. Theatre is about performance and talent, this version is also a contemporary version of R&J - looks/visuals are the least important thing.

Reactions: Forveleth
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Woke doesn't even mean anything, people who use it generally have no clue what it means

Reactions: scarlet-pixie