Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
What do you guys think?

K

Klo

Physical pain and depression
Mar 27, 2022
I do think state of mind has a lot to do with feeling ugly. There are many people who don't care at all how other people look and people who care a lot how others look usually have some sort of personality defect that doesn't make them great people to know anyways.

Feeling a certain way about your own looks and body can be really difficult but it's important not to project that feeling into others when they probably don't think the same way you do about yourself.

Reactions: rationaltake, Journeytoletgo and Al Cappella
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I do think state of mind has a lot to do with feeling ugly. There are many people who don't care at all how other people look and people who care a lot how others look usually have some sort of personality defect that doesn't make them great people to know anyways.

Feeling a certain way about your own looks and body can be really difficult but it's important not to project that feeling into others when they probably don't think the same way you do about yourself.
Isn't that called body dysmorphic disorder or something?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
"Do you believe we create our own reality?"

Only to a certain extent.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I believe there are objectively ugly and beautiful people. I also believe that pretty privilege is real. That being said, some people are modest about their looks so it's not all black and white.

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
100%. When I was adolescent 1 million years ago I thought I was incredibly ugly. I wasn't in the slightest.
But I'm generally always seeing myself and the world around me through mud colored lenses. Such a perspective can quite simply destroy your life. Did mine.
Saw every golden opportunity as garbage. Not sure why and how it all went wrong. Probably some thing in the first couple years of life. A maternal bond that never properly connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: whatevs
B

Bombastus

Jun 5, 2022
We create our own reality in the sense of decision making, but I cannot just choose to be attractive

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, rationaltake and KuriGohan&Kamehameha