Praying 4 a Miracle

Praying 4 a Miracle

Student
Sep 22, 2024
I apologize for the negative nature of this thread, but it needs to be said. For many in the world, being alive is literally torture. How can societies around the world just sit by idly and allow this to continue? The truth is, they can't, at least not for much longer.

We are sitting right at the edge of a major tipping point on this issue, so people living a life of torture can start to see a bit of light at the end of this dark tunnel.

For most of my life, when I was healthy and happy, I never paid any attention to this sort of thing, so I know how easy it is to be complacent about this issue when everything is going great. Now that I've crossed over into a life of suffering in recent years, I've basically become obsessed with the idea of trying to help bring about change in the world, to help relieve the suffering that so many in the world are faced with.

Some people have said that they feel like I have some kind of hidden agenda in this forum, and the truth is I do have an agenda, and this is it. I know that I'm not exactly in a position of power, very few of us are. But with so many people in this forum being in a very similar situation, I do feel there's a unique opportunity here for our voices to be heard.

It sickens me that the world is just sitting by idly and allowing this to happen. There's a lot of attention being focused on this forum right now, and if people in the outside world get the sense that we're trying to bring about some positive and important change, it puts us all in a much more positive light.

I can see why a lot of people think that we live in a pro-suffering world, and the reality is, we do. It's also obvious why people are afraid to speak out about this issue in the real world (outside of this forum).

However, within this forum, we have the unique opportunity to be able to use our voices, and help bring about some massive positive changes. Changes that may actually help us all out in the very near future.

I'm just not convinced that the way the world is currently dealing with intense suffering is decent, and even remotely humane. Many have said in this forum that they don't feel it's fair that we have no say in whether or not we're born into this world. It just happens, for better or for worse.

However, now that we are alive, we all SHOULD have a huge amount of control over what happens to us moving forward. If there's a way of of solving the health issues, and dramatically reducing our suffering, then obviously that's what we need to do. But ultimately the control over this decision should be in the hands of every adult, not with people who have power over us.

Each one of us is living within our body 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We know what it feels like to be living in our body continuously, no one else has the ability to really know this. There is no one more qualified in knowing the reality of what it's like to live in our body than us.

We would never expect any other living creature on Earth to live a life of torture, so we should DEFINITELY not expect human beings to have to endure this.

Allowing people who are terminally ill access to legal and safe assist dying is definitely a step on the right direction, but it doesn't go nearly far enough. In many, many cases, chronic and torturous suffering does NOT lead to death, and can go on and on for decades.

It's time for adult human beings to be able to decide for themselves, whether or not they can tolerate the level of long-term suffering that they are experiencing. Regardless of what the cause of that suffering is.

Truthfully, there are a lot more people in this situation than most of us realize, and with this many people, if even just a few of us speak up, major change is going to happen quickly.

Dogs and cats have far better end-of-life rights than humans, and this is simply unacceptable. There is no one on Earth who would even think of allowing an animal to suffer unnecessarily, but humans we can force to live a lifetime of torture and no one even cares. This is going to stop, and it's going to stop soon.

The entire world is on the verge of realizing just how utterly tragic and cruel these policies are. It just needs a nudge to get past this tipping point, and things will start changing dramatically. We will go from being a pro-suffering world to being a pro-compassion world. We will no longer force human beings to suffer needlessly, just so that we can say that we kept them alive longer.

Living longer is only a good thing if a person has some quality of life. For people who are living in constant pain & suffering, this is a life of torture, and it's beyond cruel to force a human being to live this way for years on end.

It's time for the madness to stop. We are not a cruel species, we are compassionate. Now it's time to start developing policies for our own people, that actually demonstrate this reality.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: random_user, ijustwishtodie, skar and 7 others
WallowingWillow

WallowingWillow

Apr 10, 2024
I 100% agree with everything you have said. Thank you for vocalizing it so thoroughly. It is abhorrent that the world doesn't care about this. Being forced to continue living can be torturous hell, as it is for many of us. Not everyone can "hold on till it gets better". Sometimes the only freedom from pain and suffering is death. I'll never understand why euthanasia is only considered humane & compassionate for animals.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, PhDone, Praying 4 a Miracle and 1 other person
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, personally I'll always find existing to be torturous, all I hope and wish for is to never suffer in this existence ever again, it causes me so much pain how I cannot just peacefully die to escape from all the torment and suffering in this existence I was never meant for that I never would have chose.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, PhDone and CTB Dream
Upvote 1
P

PhDone

Student
Jul 29, 2024
I apologize for the negative nature of this thread, but it needs to be said. For many in the world, being alive is literally torture. How can societies around the world just sit by idly and allow this to continue? The truth is, they can't, at least not for much longer.

We are sitting right at the edge of a major tipping point on this issue, so people living a life of torture can start to see a bit of light at the end of this dark tunnel.

For most of my life, when I was healthy and happy, I never paid any attention to this sort of thing, so I know how easy it is to be complacent about this issue when everything is going great. Now that I've crossed over into a life of suffering in recent years, I've basically become obsessed with the idea of trying to help bring about change in the world, to help relieve the suffering that so many in the world are faced with.

Some people have said that they feel like I have some kind of hidden agenda in this forum, and the truth is I do have an agenda, and this is it. I know that I'm not exactly in a position of power, very few of us are. But with so many people in this forum being in a very similar situation, I do feel there's a unique opportunity here for our voices to be heard.

It sickens me that the world is just sitting by idly and allowing this to happen. There's a lot of attention being focused on this forum right now, and if people in the outside world get the sense that we're trying to bring about some positive and important change, it puts us all in a much more positive light.

I can see why a lot of people think that we live in a pro-suffering world, and the reality is, we do. It's also obvious why people are afraid to speak out about this issue in the real world (outside of this forum).

However, within this forum, we have the unique opportunity to be able to use our voices, and help bring about some massive positive changes. Changes that may actually help us all out in the very near future.

I'm just not convinced that the way the world is currently dealing with intense suffering is decent, and even remotely humane. Many have said in this forum that they don't feel it's fair that we have no say in whether or not we're born into this world. It just happens, for better or for worse.

However, now that we are alive, we all SHOULD have a huge amount of control over what happens to us moving forward. If there's a way of of solving the health issues, and dramatically reducing our suffering, then obviously that's what we need to do. But ultimately the control over this decision should be in the hands of every adult, not with people who have power over us.

Each one of us is living within our body 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We know what it feels like to be living in our body continuously, no one else has the ability to really know this. There is no one more qualified in knowing the reality of what it's like to live in our body than us.

We would never expect any other living creature on Earth to live a life of torture, so we should DEFINITELY not expect human beings to have to endure this.

Allowing people who are terminally ill access to legal and safe assist dying is definitely a step on the right direction, but it doesn't go nearly far enough. In many, many cases, chronic and torturous suffering does NOT lead to death, and can go on and on for decades.

It's time for adult human beings to be able to decide for themselves, whether or not they can tolerate the level of long-term suffering that they are experiencing. Regardless of what the cause of that suffering is.

Truthfully, there are a lot more people in this situation than most of us realize, and with this many people, if even just a few of us speak up, major change is going to happen quickly.

Dogs and cats have far better end-of-life rights than humans, and this is simply unacceptable. There is no one on Earth who would even think of allowing an animal to suffer unnecessarily, but humans we can force to live a lifetime of torture and no one even cares. This is going to stop, and it's going to stop soon.

The entire world is on the verge of realizing just how utterly tragic and cruel these policies are. It just needs a nudge to get past this tipping point, and things will start changing dramatically. We will go from being a pro-suffering world to being a pro-compassion world. We will no longer force human beings to suffer needlessly, just so that we can say that we kept them alive longer.

Living longer is only a good thing if a person has some quality of life. For people who are living in constant pain & suffering, this is a life of torture, and it's beyond cruel to force a human being to live this way for years on end.

It's time for the madness to stop. We are not a cruel species, we are compassionate. Now it's time to start developing policies for our own people, that actually demonstrate this reality.
Hell. Yeah.

Sick of other people's opinions on what I should be finding in mental fortitude. Then you say "you try bearing this" and they reply "oh I had something like that back in 2004 for a few weeks, if I came through it you can too". Ha. Thanks for belittling my experience of torture. Seriously try having your whatever it was on acid, with 25 additional symptoms, crippling dysfunction, ongoing for years or decades, and with no goddam cure.

Can only imagine what will be said if/when I bow out. Probably "selfish" or "poor soul, clearly not resilient" or some bs.

Also….how is it society cant understand the torture of being sidelined and not having any life quality? Why should we be forced through this and judged for not wanting to. Its disgraceful. Sure, God put me here to be tortured did He? Or to exponentially grow trauma by the day? Makes me furious.

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Praying 4 a Miracle
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I completely agree with you. Maybe it's the cynic in me but I fear that the powers that be don't care that much about being humane though. As an example, one of our UK MP's described homelessness as a 'lifestyle choice'! Maybe that's not fair to say about all of them though.

I agree- I think as a society that is forcing people to live well past their best before date (sorry for the crass humour,) it's important to consider the quality of life those people are experiencing. Plus, practically speaking- how are we- as a society going to be able to sustain a forever aging population? Soon, we won't be able to retire until we're 80!

If they do it- bring in MAID, I expect it will be because it makes sense financially though. They'll also likely not want to upset the tax paying, voting majority who likely don't want their children commiting suicide. So I imagine, it will be limited to those with terminal illness, possibly moving on to chronic illness and maybe in time, severe mental illness.

I absolutely agree though. As a minimum, it really ought to be available to people in utterly dire ill health who have no chance of recuperating. I agree, it's utterly sadistic and barbaric to force people to live like that against their will.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie and Praying 4 a Miracle
Upvote 0
Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
I 100% agree with everything you have said. Thank you for vocalizing it so thoroughly. It is abhorrent that the world doesn't care about this. Being forced to continue living can be torturous hell, as it is for many of us. Not everyone can "hold on till it gets better". Sometimes the only freedom from pain and suffering is death. I'll never understand why euthanasia is only considered humane & compassionate for animals.
Even the choice of words they use:
Put a suffering animal down: Humane
Put a suffering human down: Criminal.

Reactions: LifeQuitter, ijustwishtodie, PhDone and 1 other person
Upvote 0
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
All of this is just so correct (aside from when you say at the end that humans are compassionate as they aren't, otherwise this thread wouldn't even exist). In my case, the mere act of staying alive is torture because the only feelings I have is pain and suffering. I don't feel joy or happiness, just suffering for as long as I'm awake. Of course I suffer more on some days than others but all I have been doing is suffering. This thread makes me feel heard because nobody in society is able to understand this fact. I'm extremely scared of life and of the pain that I could endure in the future. I see consciousness and pain receptors as nothing but a curse upon me. All I wish for is a peaceful exit out of here.

It's good to advocate for the right to die for all adults above 18 and it's good to do your part but we have to be rational about how much impact we would actually cause within society and unfortunately there won't be an impact. I think that people who advocate for the right to die for all adults are doing good work

Upvote 0
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023

Who decides suffering? If you say everyone should decide their own future, but then start putting your restrictions that one should be suffering from this and that and x and y and z , then that's gatekeeping.

Upvote 0