• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
Hey guys, as someone who enjoys the arts, I thought making a thread for creatives to share original art would be nice. It doesn't have to be about any specific topic, but I'm assuming with how we're all suffering, it could be a place to release that and hopefully relate to each other. Only thing I ask is that you only post your own original content.

This is a judge-free zone (unless you ask for constructive feedback) and everyone and every form of expression is welcome.

There's really nowhere else I'd rather see and share art with, than those who are also suffering. You guys feel like my people, even if I never wish I had to understand.

Also, my dms are always open if you'd rather share privately. I write songs, and occasionally write a poem or short story, so feel free to msg me :)

_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
I appreciate this thread. I went to art school. I had a major episode and attempted ctb right before my senior year. I tried to finish the degree, but missed some required credits. That was over a decade ago. I've always felt like a failure for not finishing.

I haven't made any formal art since. Meaning art I'd call art. I still do little creative things, but honestly kind of scared of putting myself out there now. I've been thinking of my old work and considering ways to do something now.

This was a piece I did after my ctb attempt in school. It's called A Brief Survey of Voluntary Death. It's a simple wooden box that contains 19 6.5" x 6.5" prints on paper of various people who have ctb and dance macabre art. The reverse of the prints have typed text that includes details about the people, occasionally including things like suicide notes, and various quotes about suicide.

The box and the prints were treated to accentuate the tactile nature of the materials. The intended viewing would be allowing individuals to go through the prints and reflect. The box contains a print of a self portrait and details about my own attempts and how I made the piece to process my own feelings toward suicide. It's one of my favorite things I made in school.

IMG 20240715 094923

• Love
Reactions: ultrasharpy123456, murmur and justwannadip
justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
This is fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad that you gathered the courage to share your art again. I really hope that you are able to continue making art again, I can tell it means a lot to you. I think art that expresses things like suicide and mental health struggles can be extremely powerful. Know that you can always share your art here!

*also, I moved this thread to the OffTopic section as it seemed more appropriate. Would you mind reposting your art to that thread with the description?

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
_AllCatsAreGrey_

_AllCatsAreGrey_

(they/he)
Mar 4, 2024
This is fascinating. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm so glad that you gathered the courage to share your art again. I really hope that you are able to continue making art again, I can tell it means a lot to you. I think art that expresses things like suicide and mental health struggles can be extremely powerful. Know that you can always share your art here!

Thanks. It's been nice to revisit. Once again SaSu with providing a safe place to share. Thanks for starting the thread.

*also, I moved this thread to the OffTopic section as it seemed more appropriate. Would you mind reposting your art to that thread with the description?

I didn't she a thread if off topic at the time of posting. Mind sharing a direct link?

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I appreciate this thread. I went to art school. I had a major episode and attempted ctb right before my senior year. I tried to finish the degree, but missed some required credits. That was over a decade ago. I've always felt like a failure for not finishing.

I haven't made any formal art since. Meaning art I'd call art. I still do little creative things, but honestly kind of scared of putting myself out there now. I've been thinking of my old work and considering ways to do something now.

This was a piece I did after my ctb attempt in school. It's called A Brief Survey of Voluntary Death. It's a simple wooden box that contains 19 6.5" x 6.5" prints on paper of various people who have ctb and dance macabre art. The reverse of the prints have typed text that includes details about the people, occasionally including things like suicide notes, and various quotes about suicide.

The box and the prints were treated to accentuate the tactile nature of the materials. The intended viewing would be allowing individuals to go through the prints and reflect. The box contains a print of a self portrait and details about my own attempts and how I made the piece to process my own feelings toward suicide. It's one of my favorite things I made in school.

View attachment 145606

Thanks. It's been nice to revisit. Once again SaSu with providing a safe place to share. Thanks for starting the thread.

I didn't she a thread if off topic at the time of posting. Mind sharing a direct link?
Sorry I forgot to send the link! https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/for-creatives-poetry-music-art-stories-oc.171233/

Reactions: _AllCatsAreGrey_
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
Flip the coin again trying to decide

Suicide…

I'm two-faced and based on myth

Tear the rift open and split my atoms

Hang myself like Saddam Hussain's death

My cold breath fueling these fires

Maggot rotten brain with no desires

Fear frames my reality

So many names pass me by without giving a second thought

My soul was bought and paid for

A contract with Lucifer I cannot ignore

So shovel dirt on my grave and make sure it's covered

As I lie still, waiting, I reflect on how I lied to myself and swallow another pill

God bless my mother

Like Sisyphus pushing his rock up hill

Like Nietzsche cursed with syphilis

I want to burst through space like a super nova and lie in fields of green clover

Free from this pain but I cannot be saved by any super hero

So my sum is zero

• Love
Reactions: UnrulyNightmare and ultrasharpy123456
lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
I can't share my art here because it's offensive unfortunately. But in exchange I will explain the creative process, and in a way I guess this is a way of myself sharing my art. So here goes:

You ever see Disney cartoons? Or things like Tex Avery, Looney Tunes, 90s Warner Bros animation? See, I love cartoons. I've always loved cartoons. And I love... certain people. And I've been through a lot. So I draw some cartoons to relax, unwind, and as a way to draw these certain people but most of all it's a testament to how far I've come. See, in life, I've always known there was something a little off about me. And I know why. It's because of the environment I was raised in. So in order to be sane, I had to be a little crazy, a little looney if you will.

Sure I haven't gone through as much as everyone else but I went through things that no human being should have to experience. And it really messed me up. And I realized that in a way my life has always been kinda funny, even the violent aspects of it. Almost like acme violence. So I draw cartoons to reflect that. I draw them to remind me of where I was as how strong and resilient I am, despite the odds. I also draw them to reflect my own hypocrisy. To explain that last part I'll have to ask this question: "what's an impossible thing that has to exist?"

Sure they aren't uh typical cartoons but they are there. And I can say I'm proud of myself. Sure it's not the greatest art in the world but I'm proud of it.

Now what do they look like? Well I do base my stuff off classic Disney but I also usually make my characters look like 30s Fleischer cartoons. There's some other outliers but that's mainly the gist of it.
Can you post and blur out the offensive parts?