N

nw7

Oct 22, 2018
This is about the Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752.

On 8 January 2020, the airplane was shot down by the Iranian government shortly after departing the international airport in Tehran, Iran. All 176 passengers and crew were killed. 63 were residents of Canada. 57 of them were citizens. (I'm not).

I personally knew one family who was killed in that airplane. We were not close. Last time I saw them was about 3 years ago. But, notice I said: family. The parents and the kid(s), all of them were killed there.

When thinking about this tragedy in relation to suicide, there is this irony, randomness, and unfairness to it. From my personal experience interacting with Iranians in Canada, they're very intelligent, high achieving, life-loving, social, and friendly people. They left their families, friends, and home country, and came to Canada looking for a better life. Those victims wanted to live. But, they were killed and died against their will. And, here we're. We don't want to live; hiding behind fake usernames so the LE won't make us live against our own will. Thinking more about it makes me more suicidal. It makes me feel like a leech. What are my achievements? What's my contribution to humanity? Why I'm still here and they are dead?

When I reviewed what I wrote, I hesitated to submit the post. Because, here we have a tragedy, and I made it about me and how I feel. But anyway, I acknowledge that. What do you think about all this?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: WaitingAround2Die, LegaliseIt! and charlottewilts
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
Life is unfair, this example is a bigger hit because of the large number of people, but this happens every day, people with good lives die all the time. Everyone will die at some point, you either choose to wait for your time, or choose to die sooner by your own will.

Reactions: mattwitt, LegaliseIt! and nw7
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019

On 8 January 2020, the airplane was shot down by the Iranian government shortly after departing the international airport in Tehran, Iran. All 176 passengers and crew were killed. 63 were residents of Canada. 57 of them were citizens. (I'm not).

I personally knew one family who was killed in that airplane. We were not close. Last time I saw them was about 3 years ago. But, notice I said: family. The parents and the kid(s), all of them were killed there.

When thinking about this tragedy in relation to suicide, there is this irony, randomness, and unfairness to it. From my personal experience interacting with Iranians in Canada, they're very intelligent, high achieving, life-loving, social, and friendly people. They left their families, friends, and home country, and came to Canada looking for a better life. Those victims wanted to live. But, they were killed and died against their will. And, here we're. We don't want to live; hiding behind fake usernames so the LE won't make us live against our own will. Thinking more about it makes me more suicidal. It makes me feel like a leech. What are my achievements? What's my contribution to humanity? Why I'm still here and they are dead?

When I reviewed what I wrote, I hesitated to submit the post. Because, here we have a tragedy, and I made it about me and how I feel. But anyway, I acknowledge that. What do you think about all this?
I am sorry for your loss, and it's perfectly fine to post anything on the forum.

I look at it this way. I am a 9/11 First Responder. I didn't ask for it. I had a life up to that point. However, it was the hand I was dealt in this life for whatever reason.

Just as I have been the chosen one to be a long term survivor. I'm the lucky one who won't die and will just be tortured forever it seems.

We didn't ask to be born, and a lot didn't ask for the hand we were dealt. Some people call it fate. Who really knows?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: SylvaanBanaan, LegaliseIt!, charlottewilts and 2 others
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019

I feel the same way. I wish there was a cosmic "swap meet" where I could have died in the place of any one of those people on that plane.

Although I am from the city that lost the most people, I didn't know any of them.

I am angry because they were pawns in a geopolitical game that played out for unnecessary reasons, many going back to 1918 (Yes, 102 years ago). And 1952. And 1979. And so on. The early meddling with Iran was standard: colonialism, money, and oil. In the Cold War, it was US anti-Communist paranoia.
The recent flare ups are anyone's guess. Without a transparent or cohesive US foreign policy, I am angrier than usual, because the destruction of this aircraft did not have to happen. All sides came to the point where this occurred.
NW7, I agree with you, and I am sad that you are hurting, and that we live in a cruel bizarre hateful world.

• Love
Reactions: nw7