• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

H

honestmind

Jul 4, 2024
Hi everyone :) I'm wondering if anyone on this site could tell me how dangerous it might be for a first time gun user to CTB with a handgun. I don't know anything about guns but they're much easier to acquire than the medications needed not to throw up SN and more likely to work than partial hanging, so I've decided on that as my method. I might be able to get to a range but funds are low currently (I will be hopefully getting a check from my university soon if I can get the motivation to finish my summer coursework, CTB is that motivation) and I'd like to know how crucial past experience is to making sure that this works. Also this is my first post on here so it's nice to meet everyone!

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Not a gun expert, but there are a lot of variables- the kick of the gun, the type of ammunition, etc. This method has an 82% success rate overall, but this must be much higher for very experienced gun users, due to all the variable, and somewhat lower for those who are not. If you look at gunshot suicide survivors on youtube you will see how messed up people can get if this method fails, it can be really bad.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If you "suck" on the end of a 12 gauge shotgun, and ctb that way, the likelihood of death is as near to 100% as you can get. Makes one hell of a mess though, and if remaining "pretty" after death is important to you, that's definitely not the way to go.

B

buoy

Kill off the old me before I decide to kill myself
Nov 8, 2023
Not a gun expert, but there are a lot of variables- the kick of the gun, the type of ammunition, etc.
Kick happens after the round is fired. Types of ammunition and type of gun would be factor of effectiveness. Survivors usually don't hit vital parts of the brain but there are shotgun survivors, which is a terrifying thought. There's a gun megathread for more information on that and where to aim. If I remember correctly it recommends to aim for base of spinal cord/brain stem instead of the actual brain/fontal cortex. Hope the best for you and that life circumstances/emotional solace lead you away from this investment.